Consider slowing your Fasttech roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
I'm not posting this to bash fasttech, only to post my opinion on a fast growing vendor that may just be a tad overrated.

First, I have ordered many times from fasttech. At first, I was very pleased. I ordered batteries, some DYI stuff, a couple of starter kits, etc. I was happy with all of their stuff. Then I placed a few orders of Vivi Novas and clearomizers. I'm a tank cartomizer guy. This stuff was absolute junk! Sure, it was cheap, but virtually none of it worked, or cracked after one use. I'm stuck with several worthless vivi novas, a whole bunch of crappy clearomizers. And just recently I gave their tank cartomizers and replacements a try. Also junk. And there really isn't a cost effective recourse.

I'm not trashing the company, just be wary. The way I figure it, in the end, what I thought to be cheap vendor that would save me money in the long run, has actually cost me money. I should have stayed with mad vapes for my cartos, and just kept on trucking.

By the way, my very negative review of a few of their products has yet to be posted, after a week. So, you know, that's a strike in my book.

All that said, it's probably a safe bet to use Fasstech for batteries, chargers, and other types of hardware.

I find that when it comes to the essential parts, however, the carts, clearos, juice, etc., they're not that great.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I am happy with the Ce4 and 5, the mini vivi nova and the Evods i have got from them. I think from the number of positive posts that you are in the minority.

i have only tried their Liqua juice, whilst its not brilliant it is very good value for the money.

Thanks for posting this in your own dedicated thread rather than trying to hijack mine.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
I am happy with the Ce4 and 5, the mini vivi nova and the Evods i have got from them. I think from the number of positive posts that you are in the minority.

i have only tried their Liqua juice, whilst its not brilliant it is very good value for the money.

Thanks for posting this in your own dedicated thread rather than trying to hijack mine.
I like their CE5+ clearos. Those have worked great and I ordered many more. The vivi novas and CE4s I have are crap. Real crap. One of the vivi novas won't even open so I can fill it. It's like it's glued shut.

I'm done experimenting with clearos, frankly. They're so hit and miss.

M-Coder

Feb 24, 2013
Wisconsin
Agreed - Fasttech has been a mixed bag for me, but so have other vendors. Ecig supplies are always a gamble it seems.

The clearos have a very high fail rate and out of three Vivis, only one works, but it works well. Ego batteries, EVODs, ego adapters, chargers, replacement heads etc have been great and about 1/4 the cost of other vendors.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
Agreed - Fasttech has been a mixed bag for me, but so have other vendors. Ecig supplies are always a gamble it seems.

The clearos have a very high fail rate and out of three Vivis, only one works, but it works well. Ego batteries, EVODs, ego adapters, chargers, replacement heads etc have been great and about 1/4 the cost of other vendors.
Yeah, maybe I just meant to caution people not to buy things, just because they are cheap. Stick with what you need, and what you know works.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Yeah, maybe I just meant to caution people not to buy things, just because they are cheap. Stick with what you need, and what you know works.
Really for unbranded items (knock offs) I think you might as well go basically on price. If you can get a unbranded CE4 for $5 from a local vendor, it will have the same chance of failure as one from a 5 for $7 set from FT. They will all be made in the same factories. There is an argument that a branded item will have better quality control and lifespan but when they cost 3 and 4 times as much as an unbranded one my view is that my 4 knock off ego batteries will last me longer on average than 1 Joytech battery.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
I like their CE5+ clearos. Those have worked great and I ordered many more. The vivi novas and CE4s I have are crap. Real crap. One of the vivi novas won't even open so I can fill it. It's like it's glued shut.

I'm done experimenting with clearos, frankly. They're so hit and miss.

Before giving up on clero's maybe try a real kanger evod, t3 or protank

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
Maybe you could post a list of what was rubbish in the FT thread or here.

Most of the FT fanboys/girls know that some/a lot is rubbish.

Having a FT thread helps sort the good from the bad.

I completely agree with the OP's last two lines(and dont disagree with any of the OP)

Gully, that's my only point with this thread. I'm pretty sure I was buying from Fasttech before most people here. And you could have put me in that fanboy category. But there is a lot of junk and I don't necessarily agree with some that say "oh well, you didn't pay much for it".

A perfect example is their tank cartomizers (flanged). They're not good and I know I'm one of the first to try them.

I think a thread listing some of the bad stuff is a good idea

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Gully, that's my only point with this thread. I'm pretty sure I was buying from Fasttech before most people here. And you could have put me in that fanboy category. But there is a lot of junk and I don't necessarily agree with some that say "oh well, you didn't pay much for it".

A perfect example is their tank cartomizers (flanged). They're not good and I know I'm one of the first to try them.

I think a thread listing some of the bad stuff is a good idea
You should use the main FastTech thread for specific issues and problems as its useful for people to know. What I don't like is people using that thread for "support Mom and Pop US vendors, don't shop in China" type comments as they add nothing useful. They definitely needs a separate thread as it just ends up getting a useful resource thread for budget vapers closed down.

Transient

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Alabama, USA
This may sound dumb but I won't order from a vendor if their website looks like garbage or is difficult to navigate. I think it says a lot about a company's product when everything is clear and concise and easier for the customer. I realize that fasttech is in China, and there's a bit of a language barrier there, but one look at their site and knowing how far away it is if something got messed up or I wasn't satisfied was enough to send me running. I have stuck to this rule when buying online and have yet to have a bad experience. I know most of you have been happy with your Fasttech experiences and I'm not doubting they sell some good stuff, I just thought I'd share my approach. It seems to be working.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
You should use the main FastTech thread for specific issues and problems as its useful for people to know. What I don't like is people using that thread for "support Mom and Pop US vendors, don't shop in China" type comments as they add nothing useful. They definitely needs a separate thread as it just ends up getting a useful resource thread for budget vapers closed down.
I hear ya. Fact is, much of what other vendors are selling is the exact same as Fasstech. But not all of it. I'm not preaching shop mom and pop. I thought I was shopping mom and pop until I realized my go to vendor has $1 million plus gross sales. My mom and pop didn't make that kind of cash.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
I think it really depends on WHAT your looking for.

I need some extra ego batteries. I could wait for the shipping, they are only backups and they are meant to last a few months. They were cheap and they work. I am fine with that.

In a few months, I will be buying a provari. I will be paying alot more, I expect high quality, great customer service and for it to last for a very very LONG time.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I'm not posting this to bash Fasttech, only to post my opinion on a fast growing vendor that may just be a tad overrated.

First, I have ordered many times from Fasttech. At first, I was very pleased. I ordered batteries, some DYI stuff, a couple of starter kits, etc. I was happy with all of their stuff. Then I placed a few orders of Vivi Novas and clearomizers. I'm a tank cartomizer guy. This stuff was absolute junk! Sure, it was cheap, but virtually none of it worked, or cracked after one use. I'm stuck with several worthless vivi novas, a whole bunch of crappy clearomizers. And just recently I gave their tank cartomizers and replacements a try. Also junk. And there really isn't a cost effective recourse.

I'm not trashing the company, just be wary. The way I figure it, in the end, what I thought to be cheap vendor that would save me money in the long run, has actually cost me money. I should have stayed with mad vapes for my cartos, and just kept on trucking.

By the way, my very negative review of a few of their products has yet to be posted, after a week. So, you know, that's a strike in my book.

All that said, it's probably a safe bet to use Fasstech for batteries, chargers, and other types of hardware.

I find that when it comes to the essential parts, however, the carts, clearos, juice, etc., they're not that great.

both here and on facebook i've said exactly the same things

batteries, carrying cases, juice bottles, even mech mods are fine

cartos, tanks, clearos...NO...at least 50% fail rate

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
This may sound dumb but I won't order from a vendor if their website looks like garbage or is difficult to navigate. I think it says a lot about a company's product when everything is clear and concise and easier for the customer. I realize that fasttech is in China, and there's a bit of a language barrier there, but one look at their site and knowing how far away it is if something got messed up or I wasn't satisfied was enough to send me running. I have stuck to this rule when buying online and have yet to have a bad experience. I know most of you have been happy with your Fasttech experiences and I'm not doubting they sell some good stuff, I just thought I'd share my approach. It seems to be working.

I find the site easy enough to navigate?

How do you know your approach is working well when you haven't tried the alternative?

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
the juice. "no name and dejong/dekang" what ever it is.. is nasty.

the cartomizer that came with my tank.. ) the dct... sucked..

and the search..

Found 12 cartomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

doesn't pull up the cartos I need.

Why pull a pro fast tech, when this is obviously the complaint department thread..

Thanks to the Original OP. :toast:

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
I'm not posting this to bash Fasttech, only to post my opinion on a fast growing vendor that may just be a tad overrated.

First, I have ordered many times from Fasttech. At first, I was very pleased. I ordered batteries, some DYI stuff, a couple of starter kits, etc. I was happy with all of their stuff. Then I placed a few orders of Vivi Novas and clearomizers. I'm a tank cartomizer guy. This stuff was absolute junk! Sure, it was cheap, but virtually none of it worked, or cracked after one use. I'm stuck with several worthless vivi novas, a whole bunch of crappy clearomizers. And just recently I gave their tank cartomizers and replacements a try. Also junk. And there really isn't a cost effective recourse.

I found that to be funny given the recent events.

I agree though to a point, just depends on what you're buying. I've tested 4 of my 8 ce4's and they've all worked. All 3 batts have also been fine and the juice(liqua)is good for the price. All the little knicknacks all work too. Until I start getting inferior goods I'll continue to waste all my money there. . I'm pretty sure everyone knows what they're getting into but are still willing to take a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread