Contest~Contest ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
ok I'm not playing I just have one idea to throw out there...in the spirit of PIF...

a everyone who plays wins thing...
to play everyone has to offer up something...bottle of juice, pv, big honking mod...whatever...
all those are thrown into a list/box...with maybe a bonus something donated by someone..
then through a random # generator (or some other means)...names of everyone playing get drawn...
person #1 gets first choice of everything that was thrown in...second person gets second choice, third gets third, etc....and last gets the last thing left and the bonus contribution...

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Last hints of the night because I'm going to bed.

1. Treasure Hunt through ECF

2 Who has the prettiest/most sexy/coolest looking PV
3 Funniest story contest ( yes, it has to have happened to you !)
4 Name a person off PIF who has inspired you and explain how (best story wins)

This is hard LOL....but im not givin up :)

You have 2 correct

Treasure Hunt through ECF
Cutest Pet
Who has the prettiest/most sexy/coolest looking PV
Annnd... just a lame old post # contest, cuz everyone can participate in those! :)

You have one kind of right, need to tweak it a little.

1. Most active PIF'er
2: Who can find the best deal (largest savings/value, within set time limit
3. first to solve so many riddles
4. PiF logo design contest

You have 2 right.

First one to post ALL four contests, in no particular order, wins a 15ml bottle of Dat's Vapor Liquid, Your choice of 4 flavors.

Good luck and Good night!

Jules22871

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
ok I'm not playing I just have one idea to throw out there...in the spirit of PIF...

to play everyone has to offer up something...bottle of juice, pv, big honking mod...whatever...
all those are thrown into a list/box...with maybe a bonus something donated by someone..
then through a random # generator (or some other means)...names of everyone playing get drawn...
person #1 gets first choice of everything that was thrown in...second person gets second choice, third gets third, etc....and last gets the last thing left and the bonus contribution...

That is a great idea for a future contest! Thanks so much for that. We will definitely use it.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now

Love it! That could be a lot of fun :)

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Love it! That could be a lot of fun :)

I think so...everyone gets something...and because of the posibility in the variety of stuff the value of one thing to someone might be different than to someone else..and at some point it shifts from "I hope my name gets drawn because I want that" to "I hope I don't get drawn because I want to be last for the bonus"

EDIT: we do this as a fighting tournament in the mideval re-enactment group I belong to... all the guys who want to fight in it bring something of value to a fighter...and it all goes to a treasure chest...and then the order you place in the tournament is the order you get to pick from the chest..it's usually a pretty popular and fun thing

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Ohhh even better cute knights, armor, swords...and PIF! Do you do the whole traveling with the Renaissance fairs? put on shows kinda thing?

it's actually a world wide, educational, not for profit, re-enactment society...called the Society for creative anacronism..

while it's similar to a ren faire....everyone must make an attempt at medieval clothing (between the time period of 600-1600)...so there are no people wearing regular clothing mixed through....and our combat isnt choreographed...it's very much the best fighter or fighting unit at that moment in time..

we do travel quite a bit though...darn near every area of the country has a local group and there's a handful of envents going on just about every weekend across the contry (with a few week (or several week) long wars throughout the year...
and we also research and teach just about any art or science that was practiced in the middle ages from stained glass, to leatherwork, to armoring, to cooking, to calligraphy, to bonecarving or bowmaking, knitting, weaving etc...

Lol which after being involved for 16 years has left me with a pretty interesting skill set in my hobbies:
leatherworking, blacksmithing, lampwork, calligraphy and illumination, heavy weapons fighting, rapier fighting, fletching and bowmaking, chainmail....LoL

Jules22871

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
1. Most active PIF'er
2: Who can find the best deal (largest savings/value, within set time limit
3. first to solve so many riddles
4 Funniest story contest ( yes, it has to have happened to you !)

One right

2. first to solve so many riddles
3. PiF logo design contest
4 Funniest story contest ( yes, it has to have happened to you !)

Two right

3. Random number for everyone with donated items
4. Guess the flavor juice givin small hints on the taste or maker....

Im pretty sure you said you haven't seen #4 yet right, so that means we gotta come up with a new one that you like ...lol I think hahaha....and lemmie guess...I got 2 Right! lol Im gonna keep trying till I get it...Determination! hahaha

Jules22871

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
1: funniest story
2: treasure hunt
3: find the deal
4: solve riddles

is my guess

You got two

3. Random number for everyone with donated items
4. Guess the flavor juice givin small hints on the taste or maker....

Im pretty sure you said you haven't seen #4 yet right, so that means we gotta come up with a new one that you like ...lol I think hahaha....and lemmie guess...I got 2 Right! lol Im gonna keep trying till I get it...Determination! hahaha
\

One right.

Yes, I now have the 4th one. It showed up before I went to bed last night. (was that another hint I Just wrote)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread