Controversial issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARKFIRE007

Nov 16, 2014
Alabama
As a new member I do not want to ignite a debate again that a mod has already closed due to rudeness, but I have a serious issue and no answers. Please bare with me, I can be long winded lol.

I am only two months into vaping, but am progressing fast. I began as a show of support for my father who is battling lung cancer trying to quit. It turned into being more about me as it should have been to begin with. I was a two pack a day smoker, when i tried vaping that was it...one full day of vape and I cheated and had a smoke. It tasted HORRID next to the vaping. That was my last cigarette.

I can breathe for the first time in 25 years and my health KEEPS improving, energy, stamina, a CAGED libido, I am even getting new hair growth on my previously receding hairline...which frankly shocked me.

So it is safe to say I likely owe my life to vaping and I have and WILL defend it.

Ok, now on to my issue. It was important I give that info first, otherwise I may look like a basher or someone giving the community flack. I am not.

Thrush. I have it, It is bad. Very thick on the tongue, white film. I am certain vaping is the cause, as this has never happened before I started vaping. Now after reading the other thread, I firmly believe something was left out. No one mentioned dehydration...which can mimic thrush by creating a white film that keeps the tongue safe from drying out. I have increased my water intake and been brushing my tongue, but so far I only get a fuller cloud due to the water, no improvement. But I also do not have a sore throat or issues swallowing like many who have thrush. I am honestly confused which I have, thrush is my guess but I am missing a couple symptoms, yet appear to be hydrated.

My equipment so far is an mvp2 and an epower3 with a hypertank, protank2, gs-h5, and iclear30. and recently the eleaf lemo rebuildable. (for cost purposes not sub ohm so no worries). I suck at building though, I tend to make springs not coils lol. looking at that i realize i have a lot to only be two months in, I guess it is becoming a hobby as much as a way to satisfy the nic craving without smoking. Especially since i have skins already for the mods.

I use slimsejuice, (website name) and my ratio is 60/40 pg over vg.

I rotate flavors to avoid fatigue, and my favorite all day vape is m-type, with cowboy being a close second so I doubt it is over use of sweet juice.

I will LIVE with this condition before i stop vaping...this has likely saved my life and I will never touch a cigarette again.

Any thoughts or solutions are welcome. I hope I provided enough info.

thanks all.

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
First suggestion: stop guessing and see a doctor or dentist. Thrush can be clinically diagnosed. Second suggestion: try another brand of e-juice. Third suggestion: try a different drip tip. Good luck!

What he said, for a medical condition you need professional advice. My best wishes to your dad.

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I'm unsure as to how this is controversial... But I wasn't part of the former thread. If you're liquid had the fungus I feel strongly the heat of the coil would have killed said fungi. If you have that I suspect it came from else where. Dehydration is common among vapers, and I'll also say doing a very quick google it seems more than one person developed a white film shortly after they quit smoking. If it where me, and I had no reason to think it was something serious, I would give it a week or so of cleaning and lots of water then see a doc if it continued.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Please see a doctor or dentist.

Thrush is a candida infection (fungus) that can also spread to other parts of the body, including the lungs, liver, and skin, as well as to your esophagus.

It is very simply diagnosed, and treated with anti fungal medications.

Thrush is also sometimes a symptom of other underlying health problems, so please do have it checked out.

Dumas Mesuri

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Highlandville, MO, USA
I went through this a few times before I figured out I was allergic to some flavors. To work out what I was allergic to I went to straight vg and nic until my mouth healed(2 days)then added back 1 flavor a day until I found the culprits. Within a few puffs I knew whether I had an allergy or not. Could be vg or pg too. Above 30% pg makes my throat raw. Hope this helps.

DARKFIRE007

Nov 16, 2014
Alabama
Not much of a forumer, so replying to my own thread may be a no no...but easiest way to reply to all.

Thank you for the feedback. I considered a doctor but did not because it was obvious it was me doing something wrong with the way I vape. The drip tip suggestion has me curious, I was dealing with canker sores but chalked it up to standard stop smoking side effects. It very well could be an allergy to metal tips. I use a .38 metal bullet tip, an AK-47 bullet metal tip, come to think of it only my gs-h5 is not metal.

I know a doctor will give me a LOT of flack and say stop vaping I just KNOW it. Not looking forward to that option.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
First, you need to see an MD to determine if it even is thrush. If it is there are a lot of things that can cause it - including it being an opportunistic infection secondary to a very serious primary infection. (If anyone needs me to spell that out for them, I will.) But this is the first time in over three years I have heard anyone on this forum trying to connect the dots between thrush and vaping. So - no - sorry. If it is thrush it's highly unlikely it is vaping related.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I began as a show of support for my father who is battling lung cancer trying to quit. It turned into being more about me as it should have been to begin with.

I had my doubts on reading the first sentence; you completely lost me after the quoted comment above.

I have nothing further to say to you.

Ever.

Last edited:

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
Over the past year, I have gone thru bouts of something similar to what you describe. My tongue gets raw and painful, but no white stuff on it. I keep some Biotene toothpaste on hand for when it happens, seems to soothe it and lets my tongue get back to normal. I tried the Biotene mouthwash and that does good too, just don't use it before going to bed. I danged near drowned on my own saliva during the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread