Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So not worried about anything.

I do have a question though. I have a package from fasttech sitting in Customs since Jan 8th - does anyone know if they have quarantined packages out of China or am I just lucky?

You’re just (un) lucky. There are no bans on packages themselves being quarantined.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
12 confirmed cases in the US so far. Who knows, it might be your neighbor who's N13 :danger:

packs from China are def. safe, you can even :mail: them :thumb:
My neighbor was in Manila, Philippines with her sisters and they all got sick two weeks ago. Her two sisters came home early and she stayed, apparently their illness wasn't corona virus but I've been steering clear of my neighbor after she told me this.

She's an old Filipino lady married to a 93 year old WWII vet, really good people and I feel guilty. I have a family and don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I heard a report that Shenzen is now "shut down" by the government. People won't be going to work and all forms of shipping are disrupted. I suspect employees won't be returning to Fastech on Feb 10th. American retailers may find their orders are delayed too.

Fasttech headquarters are in Hong Kong. I do not know if that is their mailing address, corporate office of if the full facility resides there. Non the less, Shenzen China is the source of the majority of our vape products out of FT – so what happens there will obviously effect FT along with every dealer worldwide.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Fasttech headquarters are in Hong Kong. I do not know if that is their mailing address, corporate office of if the full facility resides there. Non the less, Shenzen China is the source of the majority of our vape products out of FT – so what happens there will obviously effect FT along with every dealer worldwide.
FT stocks a percent of what they sell but not all. Products not in stock may be scarce for a while.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The shipping container thing will have no effect on individual orders from China as our stuff all comes by air. There might be an issue with larger US distributors who stock volumes of vape gear from the likes of Smok, which likely cone in bulk shipments, which means online and local vendors may experience a shortage of products. If this goes on for a significant period then US (and other countries) will have problems maintaining stock, it will also complicate life for them with rapidly approaching May PMTA effective date.

It might be worth just changing your shipping address to your survival shelter as the virus spreads. I’m sure you all built an airlock for hands off deliveries, right?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Myself, I don't know if there is any cause for concern .. however, better safe than sorry .. China is not known to be the most honest country on the Planet, the outbreak could very well be much worse than reported ..

Due to the absolute huge amount of various goods that we import from China, if there is a possibility at all of the virus coming in via shipping or shipping company employees, I suppose a crackdown could be in order ..

I would not discount the seriousness of this outbreak .. it shows, once again, just how fragile things are ..

Perhaps someone within Walmart or other major importers could consider the following until or at least, more concrete information is available ..

Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation - Wikipedia

In addition, we also import a massive amount of food from China .. I would tend to speculate that the chance of the virus being live still on food would be greater than regular Consumer hardgoods .. but, I'm no Scientist, so all I know is to err on the side of caution ..

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I heard a report that Shenzen is now "shut down" by the government. People won't be going to work and all forms of shipping are disrupted. I suspect employees won't be returning to Fastech on Feb 10th. American retailers may find their orders are delayed too.

Yikes!! I’ve been afraid this would happen!

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Myself, I don't know if there is any cause for concern .. however, better safe than sorry .. China is not known to be the most honest country on the Planet, the outbreak could very well be much worse than reported ..

Due to the absolute huge amount of various goods that we import from China, if there is a possibility at all of the virus coming in via shipping or shipping company employees, I suppose a crackdown could be in order ..

I would not discount the seriousness of this outbreak .. it shows, once again, just how fragile things are ..

Perhaps someone within Walmart or other major importers could consider the following until or at least, more concrete information is available ..

Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation - Wikipedia

In addition, we also import a massive amount of food from China .. I would tend to speculate that the chance of the virus being live still on food would be greater than regular Consumer hardgoods .. but, I'm no Scientist, so all I know is to err on the side of caution ..
Harry Chen PhD (@IsChinar) on Twitter

Interesting updates on Twitter..

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think products are just gonna be scarce everywhere I mean even if you buy USA, like, they get their stuff from China too.

Yes, I am more worried about food but I spent a LONG time trying to buy a precio yesterday. I have 100 more of precio stuff sitting at 3fvape they sent me a shipping notice but my order is just sitting.

Yes, I care about the people dying and all,. and I can wait,. I guess. But even BVD vape itself does not have its newest "hit" atomizer in stock, so I gave up. I mean,...

It will be. I am not worried about contamination but no China orders for a while, too disorganized probably. I will le them find their feet.
Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Oregon Linda

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I think products are just gonna be scarce everywhere I mean even if you buy USA, like, they get their stuff from China too.
Anna

Yes, I'm wondering if this is going to end up hurting the vape industry just as much as May deeming will.

And some of the vids I'm seeing come out of China are just unbelievable. Welding people inside big apartment buildings because a couple people have the virus, dooming all of them. No way to get food and water to them. A good reminder of who we are actually dealing with.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Between that twitter account posted in this thread last night, what I have been seeing and reading on other sites, and now this post from a FT buyer I think lives in China or used to (but don't quote me on that as I can't get to the bottom of that as he can be a bit of an ......), I'm seriously considering just cancelling my FT order.

Not so much for fear (although that is starting to set in despite my stating I was not worried about it earlier in this thread), but because I also hate my money being tied up too long, especially when I don't know how long.

I do believe things are far worse than we are being led to believe from our media and the Chinese govt (not shock there, though). How much worse? Not sure.

I have to go to an engagement in an hour or so but I'll make my decision tonight probably.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    This is an interesting and potentially concerning post from that FT thread, if true...

qWhNFXI.png

Another...

DB8TbuP.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread