Cost of analogs vs vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I'm sure that quite a bit of the money I have NOT spent on analogs has been used for vaping. I think I'm on
$8K + not spent on analogs and growing after two years. So even if I've spent two or three grand - which I doubt - I'm still way ahead. What made me think about this is... I was at grocery store behind a lady checking out a good amount of groceries. Her bill was about $50 something. Not bad considering what she bought. But that was a sub-total because she then remembered that she needed cigs. She asked for 4 packs of Marlboro bla-bla-bla. I watched as the clerk scanned those 4 pks. They were over $6.00 per pack. Holy crap !!! Both the clerk and the smoker lady was looking at me looking at the monitor adding up the cigs. I guess I was being kind of nosey. I explained that I quit smoking 2 yrs ago and was just curious how much cigs cost now. The clerk said $6 aint nothin' compared to New York, where it's around $11 pk !!! I think the smoker lady got kind of embarrassed, but that was NOT my intent. I really was just curious. I'm so happy I quit that nasty habit ! And I don't have to have the newest, latest, greatest any more. But during my first year? Oh YEAH!! It was alllllllll about the latest, greatest vape products, and new juice. Happy to be making my own now !!!

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The ones hubby smokes are 18.01 a carton and that includes tax and all. I think they are some kind of little cigar. Looks like it anyway 'cause they are brown. If I was still smoking, even at that price, I would still be saving money vaping the way I do.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Yeah we were surprised recently in some grocery store when we saw they were selling a pack of cigs at $8.42

11 years ago we moved nearby to a native Indian reservation land and a we could get a carton of smokes from them for $14.00 a carton, about $1.40 per pack. 10 years we moved away from the area and the price of native American cigs was up to $45.00 / carton. Which was then only a couple bucks less than the American brand name cigs, and if I understand correctly the overwhelming majority of that was taxes.

It's now been a year and a half (maybe longer) and to be honest... I don't notice the money that I used to spend on cigs as an extra in my pocket even though it was roughly a bit over $250 a month that we spent on cigs. I always remember thinking, if we quit smoking we'd have an extra $xxx.xx to spend on other things. Yeah, nope. Still now that I'm cig free for so long even if I had to give up vaping (and that is the ultimate goal anyway), I'd not go back to cigarettes. I just hate the thought of stinking clothes, house, pets, cars etc. I remember one of my dogs used to always leave the room when I'd lite up a smoke, then he'd come back later, if I was smoking again he'd turn around and go into the bedroom (the only smoke free zone in our home).

I just had to spend an hour or so with a District Manager from an auto manufacturer in very close proximity, (talking standing next to me) and the smoke smell was absolutely disgusting. I never want to go back to stinking like that to non-smokers as I'm sure I stunk even worse than he did since I was a chain smoker towards the end of my smoking time of 31 years.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    For the last 1 year and a month and a week, I haven't spent more than 1600 bucks on cigarettes and lighter fluid and what not. I have spent either close to or not much more than 5 1/2 bills. My wallet is just as happy as me..

Reactions: EBates

ElectriSean

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2014
    Alberta, Canada
    Here in Sask Canada it's about $15 a pack. Without tax it's about $8.

Canada is brutal, it's up to 15/pack in Alberta as well. When I quit 15 months ago, I was spending $700/month. Makes me sick to think about, but I have a spreadsheet to track that and everything I spend on vaping. To date I have Not smoked 23 888 stinkies which would have cost me $10 754, I've spent $4600 on vaping, which includes 2L of 100mg nic base, which should last me the rest of my life. I still buy new gear and flavorings, but I could never spend what I did on cigarettes. And even if I did, I wouldn't care, because at least I'd have something other than a pile of ashes and stinky butts.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
    Oct 1, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Canada is brutal, it's up to 15/pack in Alberta as well. When I quit 15 months ago, I was spending $700/month. Makes me sick to think about, but I have a spreadsheet to track that and everything I spend on vaping. To date I have Not smoked 23 888 stinkies which would have cost me $10 754, I've spent $4600 on vaping, which includes 2L of 100mg nic base, which should last me the rest of my life. I still buy new gear and flavorings, but I could never spend what I did on cigarettes. And even if I did, I wouldn't care, because at least I'd have something other than a pile of ashes and stinky butts.
    Ya man it is pretty crazy. My gf is treaty so I saved some money when I smoked. Still though I was spending nearly $400 a month which is crazy.

Reactions: Pearl B

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I really haven't saved any money by switching to vaping yet, hahaha, lol. It's okay, it's about saving my lungs anyways. I've only been vaping a few months and have to much shinyitis!

That's actually "investing in your future," and it does take a while, when you start vaping. But I've finally gotten to a place, with building my own coils and making my own ejuice... I might spend $20 a month, just as an average based on what my ejuice costs per ml. In the spring, when we're getting tax refunds and my husband gets a lot of weekend landscaping work, I buy some hardware as that year's updates to hardware.

Andria

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    I really haven't saved any money by switching to vaping yet, hahaha, lol. It's okay, it's about saving my lungs anyways. I've only been vaping a few months and have to much shinyitis!

Think of it like this:
    If your Shinyitis is quenched by clones you are still saving dough.

If you Must have the flavor of the week authentic "artesian made" mod with matching atty.......it's less than a pipe smoker would spend on fine pipes and lighters..so your still saving money
    :p
    It's all perspective.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Insane, right?

My sis-in-law and her beau probably spend $20/day. I might spend $30/month.
    I figure I was spending at least 25 bucks a week. Now I spend 20 bucks a month, usually with a $0 month or three in between..

Reactions: smacuser

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 30, 2015
    ON. Canada
    They were over $6.00 per pack. Holy crap !!! Both the clerk and the smoker lady was looking at me looking at the monitor adding up the cigs. I guess I was being kind of nosey. I explained that I quit smoking 2 yrs ago and was just curious how much cigs cost now. The clerk said $6 aint nothin' compared to New York, where it's around $11 pk !!!
    12$ here when I quit, about 9$ US I guess, vaping cost me 8$ this month for kanthal that I needed since I already have tonnes of juice, I did spend another 10$ on random things from fasttech that I don't really need like seals and extra glass etc, anyways for less than what I'd spend on 2 days of stinkies is lasting me a whole month lol...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread