Cotton over silica

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawShark09

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cview
I've tried both, and recently just built my first successful cotton wick (as in like 5 mins ago, then my battery died) in the meantime while its charging, i did want to elaborate on my "cotton wick" i used cheap cvs brand cotton balls ($3 a bag) and this time i did not boil them, i agree with many other users that boiling is a waste of time, think about it, its all still sitting in the pot, along with the supposed "chemicals". And by not boiling it this time, i wanted to point out that it just happened to be my first successful cotton wick rebuild, dunno why boiling has not worked for me, but it tasted amazing this time, and this will be the way i keep doing it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I went ahead and boiled mine but I emptied the water a couple of times. Didn't take but 30 minutes and I gotta enough cotton for a year. I really love using cotton in my Igo L. Can easily change out the cotton without wrecking the build. Im still on the same coil after 3 weeks. Mind you I don't use it except for at night but still thats pretty good.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
It's all about choices which is good. I bought peaches and cream cotton yarn. It sits without a wrapper on the shelf. Who knows how many people have touched (or critters) for how long? I decided to boil it. Better than not boiling? My guess is the the heat of the atty would kill any nasties on it.

Still boiled anyway for ease of mind.

I am back to silica now. Easier to buy a head than wrap a coil.

jayyco

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2014
Tempe, AZ, USA
Always get organic cotton, regular cotton has pesticides and other chemicals, organic cotton was grown without any of that. The only thing on organic cotton is the bleach with hydrogen peroxide, which when heated turns into H2O and O (water and oxygen) which is harmless! And there is no need for boiling because there is essentially nothing to boil off, plus the organic cotton taste perfect right out the bag. Plus who else know what could be growing on the cotton when it's drying after it's been boiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread