Regular cotton for wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

txskimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2014
Houston,TX
I tried CVS, Walgreens and Wal-Mart all of which didn't have organic cotton balls. I went ahead and bought a regular bag of cotton balls planning to just boil it a 2 or 3 times. When I tried to search I didn't come up with any answers as to whether or not this would be safe.

Should I fine since I'm boiling it several times?

txskimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2014
Houston,TX
" i never boiled a cigarette before i smoked it" - P Busardo.

I never bothered with all that, just used it. In a tight spot i have even used a q-tip from the bottom of some woman's handbag to make a wick. :)

T

Well the concern is more for my wife. She wasn't really a smoker but she did smoke hookah from time to time. She now vapes 10000x more than she smoked hookah lol

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
I tried CVS, Walgreens and Wal-Mart all of which didn't have organic cotton balls. I went ahead and bought a regular bag of cotton balls planning to just boil it a 2 or 3 times. When I tried to search I didn't come up with any answers as to whether or not this would be safe.

Should I fine since I'm boiling it several times?

This is something, that confused me before, I just buy organic cotton balls from CVS after searching for 10-15 mins and asking for help that was in the makeup section somewhere instead of by the cotton balls. I actually started a thread and a poll if you want to see other people's opinions quicker.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...zer-systems/565337-prepping-cotton-wicks.html

Devilution2010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
NY, USA
Try Ko Gen Do cotton from the sephora website. 11.99 before shipping gets you enough to last you a couple years lol. Completely organic, untreated unbleached cotton. Wicking and flavor is night and day from my regular CVS cotton.

Stellar, stellar vape from KGD

My original go to cotton was the CVS USP sterile cotton balls.....boiled them and never had an issue with taste, loved using them.....still love using them.

I next tried SnC cotton yarn after it became the next biggest thing. This I had to boil a couple times to get rid of an "off" taste. Some have never had an issue with taste but I could notice it. After the boiling, it turned out to be a very good material that wicks really really well.

I'm now using Koh Gen Do. This is extremely easy to work with as all the cotton fibers run straight and parallel with one another inside the pad. The neat thing about KGD is that if you have a cotton taste, you've used too much material in your wick and it's too tight in the coil. Fine tune the wick a little and the taste goes away and it truly shines. KGD wicks amazingly well and produces better flavor than other cottons I've tried. I ended up buying two boxes (120 pads) which will last an eternity....one box of 60 is all you'll need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I don't use organic cotton. Go to cvs and get 100%sterile cotton, that's what I use. And I don't boil it either, don't see a point, it's already sterile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its worth trying kgd at least once. Big difference imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread