Cotton wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
I've got a cotton wick in the 0.5Ω micro coil on my original REO Grand that's got six full sixteen hour days on it and it's still good. The only reason I'm not using it now is I got a new REO Grand/RM2 using a new micro coil. That said, most of the use is with my DIY 50/50 with only a few hours of dark stuff like Boba's Bounty. While silica can survive dry hits, they really hurt cotton wick life.

Last edited:

Bob57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Indiana
I get 2 to 3 sometimes even 4 to 5 days, I don't change them because it's burnt I just like the fresh new clean wick.
With non flavored a wick will go a week easy, the flavors you use will make a difference in how often the wick will need changed.
when I started using the RM2 the mistake I made was having the coil to close to the deck and juice pooled and cooked on the coil that made the wick and coil look bad a lot faster. I do run my coils at 1.5 to 1.6 ohms so that may be why I get a little better mileage?
It takes less then a minute to change a cotton wick, I love the cotton for that reason,,

Squonk that puppy a little more and keep the wick wet. :)

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
In my darker juices, I get one day with a cotton wick then I dry burn and swap wicks. With my fruity menthol, minty stuff, I can go at least 4 days on the same cotton wick and then sometimes it could go longer - but I'll just dry burn (not much there to begin with) and swap the wick anyway. The fruity menthol, minty stuff vaporizes very very clean.

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
Oh ok I wasnt sure, the only problem I could think of was I was getting dry hits and burning it up.

First off, you will KNOW when you get a dry hit. There is no mistaking that burn in the throat! I vape only NETs, so I am doing good to get a day out of a wick. I could only get about 3 days out of a pre built atty as well. My coils last at least a week, though. It is no problem whatsoever to replace the wick... about a 1 minute job.

Evil Speakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
lawrence, KS
First off, you will KNOW when you get a dry hit. There is no mistaking that burn in the throat! I vape only NETs, so I am doing good to get a day out of a wick. I could only get about 3 days out of a pre built atty as well. My coils last at least a week, though. It is no problem whatsoever to replace the wick... about a 1 minute job.

Just finished my first re-wick with cotton. Super easy. Since I'm using NETs and the cotton is so cheap, I think I will do this daily whether it needs it or not.

Speaking of NETs, Malkuth, my first vape on the RM2 was Blue Grass Burley. It never tasted so good. Enjoying some Sahara now :vapor:

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
Just finished my first re-wick with cotton. Super easy. Since I'm using NETs and the cotton is so cheap, I think I will do this daily whether it needs it or not.

Speaking of NETs, Malkuth, my first vape on the RM2 was Blue Grass Burley. It never tasted so good. Enjoying some Sahara now :vapor:

The new shop that just opened N-E-T has some fantastic blends. I cannot get enough of them. I could not handle them using the tube/tank garbage, however. The REO really makes their flavor blossom.

Evil Speakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
lawrence, KS
The new shop that just opened N-E-T has some fantastic blends. I cannot get enough of them. I could not handle them using the tube/tank garbage, however. The REO really makes their flavor blossom.

Just ordered six bottles from them last week, can't wait to try them.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
:laugh: That's for sure with cotton! I even set the smoke detector in the family room off with one when learning to use it. That one crossed my eyes!

I don't need a dry hit to set off my smoke detectors. :laugh: Two of them are very new and they detect stuff other than just smoke. Scared the daylights out of me when I first did that and had to use a fan to dissipate it. Was using a RM2 on a VVGrand and fogged up the entire office. I can fog up the living room too, in pretty short order, but the detector here is old school. :headbang:

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
I don't need a dry hit to set off my smoke detectors. :laugh: Two of them are very new and they detect stuff other than just smoke. Scared the daylights out of me when I first did that and had to use a fan to dissipate it. Was using a RM2 on a VVGrand and fogged up the entire office. I can fog up the living room too, in pretty short order, but the detector here is old school. :headbang:

The detectors at home are pretty new--different technologies though. I have to get a foot away and exhale into them to set them off with vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread