ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Hey, uke, long time no see.

One thing I'd like to add, is the narrower the coil, the more wraps you can get, too (i.e. a coil wrapped on a needle vs. a coil wrapped on a toothpick). The resistance of the wire is caused by the overall length and thickness of the wire, not by how many wraps are in the coil.

That's true Plan, so given the same ID inner diameter coil, the thicker wire will require more wraps and over a longer distance than the thinner wire to achieve the same resistance

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
got ya , thanks again , so far ive built 3 coils all around 2.0 ,but like every 5 hits im still getting a dry hit from the cotton lol , maybe my coils now straight enough? ive used far less cotton then i did the first time around

getting the cotton volume correct is one thing, and also, this is a dripper… if you want more you will need to get a drip/tank type KayFun etc.
There are some drippers with deep juice wells coming out ie. the Origen which is best as a dual coil imo… but basically drippers require frequent dripping… and thats why i use them mainly for testing flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread