Could I have bad VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charkel

Mar 19, 2021
Oh, you're in Sweden! :) Hej!

Let us know if you see something like BP (British Pharmacopoeia) or EP (the European Pharmacopoeia) symbol on the bottle. If it's not there, than your VG is probably food grade and NOT suitable for vaping. It won't kill you, but it really is not advisable.
Tjena! Svensk?
Just had my VG+PG bottles pose for a shot:

7kg4QYF.jpg

VG 'sours' when it goes bad. Your nose will tell you - you'll have no doubts.
So it's like milk. There is never a doubt. I've had milk that was fine to chug at 1am but waking up 5hrs later it was horrible! So same with VG i guess? Either good or bad and nothing in between?

Looks like it is graded as the EU version of our USP so should be fine to vape. Maybe palm would suit you better but honestly I don't think your vg is the problem.
If VG tastes different from rapeseed and palm then maybe yes. I don't know what is used in industrial mixing.

I just noted now it actually says on the sites product description:
Överträffar kraven för medicinsk kvalitet enligt UPS/EP specifikation
Exceeds the requirements for medical quality according to UPS / EP specification.

Too much flavor can make a mix taste bad. I'd recommend taking a single flavor and mixing just with it at the lower end of the manufacturer's recommendation. If there are no recommendations, then start at 5%. If your test mix tastes bad, then try again at 3%. If it's bland then add more flavor. If it's still bad, try again with a different flavor. Maybe your flavors are bad.
But it's not that. I have FA Forrest Fruit and CAP Harvest Berry that I like to vape with a lil bit of sucralose. Tried it in different percentagages but every time i just think "There is a taste of something in this that makes it boring" and it's the same with all mixes. The only thing that is the same in all mixes is the VG..

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    But it's not that. I have FA Forrest Fruit and CAP Harvest Berry that I like to vape with a lil bit of sucralose. Tried it in different percentagages but every time i just think "There is a taste of something in this that makes it boring" and it's the same with all mixes. The only thing that is the same in all mixes is the VG..

Is the taste just boring or is it a bad taste? If it is boring then perhaps try your mixes in some recipes. Look on e_liquid_recipes dot com for ideas. If it is a bad taste try leaving out the sucralose and see if that helps.

Reactions: smacuser

Charkel

Mar 19, 2021
    Is the taste just boring or is it a bad taste? If it is boring then perhaps try your mixes in some recipes. Look on e_liquid_recipes dot com for ideas. If it is a bad taste try leaving out the sucralose and see if that helps.
    It its more like a flavor shared with all mixes that I've never found in store bought brand mixes

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Tjena! Svensk?
    Just had my VG+PG bottles pose for a shot:

7kg4QYF.jpg

"There is a taste of something in this that makes it boring" and it's the same with all mixes. The only thing that is the same in all mixes is the VG..

How does the PG/PDO smell and taste?
    I have had low quality PG/PDO in the past and it always reminded me of the smell and taste of disco/club/theater fog. (meh)

As suggested, a sample recipe would be helpful.

Cheers
    I

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    A little sweet and a very slight faint aftertaste of like alcohol

This would concern me, sugars ferment (spoils) and then converts to alcohol. I have no alcohol taste in my VG or PG. Also, VG is sweet on it's own, plenty of DIYers do VG/PG and nicotine no flavor added. With absence of sweet and presence of alcohol a conversion may have happened, maybe from improper storing.

• Informative
    Reactions: Falconeer

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I've had VG that I had to throw out immediately, and it was a fair amount (two 500ml bottles). It was from a well known (vape) vendor too, which had never happened with them before.

I switched over to one of the known apothecary sites, and have been very satisfied ever since. My VG (now) is VERY clean, which is more than I can sometimes say for my mind. :blush:

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I've had VG that I had to throw out immediately, and it was a fair amount (two 500ml bottles). It was from a well known (vape) vendor too, which had never happened with them before.

I switched over to one of the known apothecary sites, and have been very satisfied ever since. My VG (now) is VERY clean, which is more than I can sometimes say for my mind. :blush:
    Since I've always bought the 12mg unflavored, and since I now have to think about diluting the 100mg in my freezer:
    which are the "known apothecary sites"?

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Since I've always bought the 12mg unflavored, and since I now have to think about diluting the 100mg in my freezer:
    which are the "known apothecary sites"?

I've had good experiences with this one, NY. Their stuff is clean tasting, at least to me.

I keep my nic VG free until it comes out of the freezer. I don't add VG until I'm mixing it up, with or without flavoring.

Bulk Apothecary

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Reactions: DPLongo22
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread