Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Note: vapessmiley below has the most salient point . We’re not doctors. We’re quite literally randos from the Internet.

Seems unlikely but this is a rare thing so there isn’t much of a selection group.
Couple of things to think about:
was this a problem before you started vaping? If so it didn’t cause it. Was this NOT a problem after you started vaping? If so same thing.
IF there is a correlation between the problem appearing and you starting vaping, was there anything in g else tha ALSO changed? Stopping smoking for instance. One of the oddities of cigarettes is it seems there’s a few problems they can actually mask so it’s not impossible that stopping smoking unmasked the problem even though it was already there.

If it does it’s just as likely to be a given chemical in the the juice. Vaping unflavored drastically reduces the number of chemicals involved. That might be one step to try.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hyperthyroidism is very common. If your doctor cannot find out why, get a second and even third opinion. It could be that there is no explanation for it.

I have a medical condition for which there is no explanation (started before vaping), but is common. 4 doctors have no answers, just treatment.

Could your hyperthyroidism be caused by vaping? Quit and see.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I have hyperthyroidism and my doctor can't find why. I vape with 3mg nicotine only. Could the nicotine get my thyroid inflamed ? Does anyone been in this situation ? I make my own e-juice and the flavors and nicotine come from EcigExpress.

First, having hyperthyroidism doesn't mean your thyroid is inflamed. It means the thyroid is producing more thyroxine than it should be when it was working normally. In other words, your thyroid gland is over active.

I've had hyperthyroidism for more than 26 years. If you'd like to discuss your situation, what I've learned about hyperthyroidism over the years, and some specific questions you should ask your doctor, or better yet, an endochronologist...please PM me and we can discuss it in private conversation there.

I also experienced changes with my hyperthyroidism (that had been regulated for years), after I stopped smoking and totally switched to vaping. I'd be glad to discuss those with you, too.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    First, having hyperthyroidism doesn't mean your thyroid is inflamed. It means the thyroid is producing more thyroxine than it should be when it was working normally. In other words, your thyroid gland is over active.

I've had hyperthyroidism for more than 26 years. If you'd like to discuss your situation, what I've learned about hyperthyroidism over the years, and some specific questions you should ask your doctor, or better yet, an endochronologist...please PM me and we can discuss it in private conversation there.

I also experienced changes with my hyperthyroidism (that had been regulated for years), after I stopped smoking and totally switched to vaping. I'd be glad to discuss those with you, too.
    This was a great answer and very nice. I do not think the OP thought we were DR's. I think she was just wondering if any of us ever heard of such a thing. Like maybe someone would chime in and go "yes, it is very common for vaping to do this." I am glad JC offered to have a convo with her instead of just giving a snarky reply.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yup, I too read ON this very board the fact actually switching from smoking from vaping can cause changes to your thyroid levels and supplementation needs. There may have been some basic explanation given but I can't remember it. I was grateful to find it since I was having issues and wondering why and thinking well, "Tobacco/nic what is the darned difference?"

Good luck and IDK if you were not a former smoker and just started vaping but if you are concerned about your thyroid the first step is getting it tested, it's a very simple blood test.

Anna

Reactions: chelelee1992
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread