The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Counterfiet Batteries

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by InTheClouds, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. InTheClouds

InTheClouds Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2013
    Murphy, NC, USA
    I am sure many of you are aware of this, but for the new Reonauts who may not have used AW IMR batteries before, I read an article (Or maybe a post on a battery thread) last night that said there are at least as many counterfeits out there as there are authentic ones. Shady companies are buying the rejects and putting phony wraps on the batteries that look just like the originals. If you find AW IMR's on a site for cheap, you can be assured they are not real and can be very unsafe. Only buy them from authorized dealers. The article/post also claimed that ALL the AW IMR's listed on Alibaba are fakes. Being old and suffering from CRS I did not think to bookmark what I read to pass it on. It all made sense to me though, as the market increases so will the fakes and counterfeits.

~Trina~

2. thinkingaboutit

thinkingaboutit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    mn
    I'd go to RTD. When I want an AW, I want an AW.

Good heads up though! I personally didn't know.

3. glasseye

glasseye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    NJ
    I saw a youtube video of someone taking apart a fake one. There were tiny, tiny batteries inside and enough junk filler to make weight. It was scary to watch because really, who tests their batteries when they get them? I wouldn't be surprised by these exploding ego batteries being those fake ones as well. It's RTD for me too.

ETA- Found it but there are others.

4. NicLiq

NicLiq Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2011
    Twin Cities, MN
    Good warning, I have only bought batteries from RTD.

5. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
  6. BlueSnake

BlueSnake Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2012
    Columbia, SC
    I too have only bought AWs from RTD. I saw warnings awhile back about all the counterfeit AWs and decided unknown bargains weren't worth the risk.

7. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

8. jifjifjif

jifjifjif Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    I have always liked SuperTmanufacturing as well as RTD.

9. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Do you have a Link to a List of Authorized Dealers?

10. Tomthern

Tomthern Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't mean to sound dumb, still new, but about how much should they cost? I also am not familiar with these.

11. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    The most obvious point when purchasing: If they are on eBay or Amazon they are not real AW's.

12. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I don't know if I would go That Far.

But if they are e-Bay or Amazon and they are 30% Less than Retail, it might be a Good Sign that hey Aren't Genuine.

People who make Knock-Offs play on the Fact that Many People are Inherently Cheap. And that they will be Attracted to a Product if they Think they are Saving a Few Bucks.

13. nerak

One thing I found helped me when I started buying was to check the vendors registered with ECF. They seem to be strict with their policies for vendors to be approved. Then they watch for concerns and make sure the vendor stays up to the standards.

You can usually check out the vendor threads here also as see what customers are saying.

14. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    What size do you use?

15. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Absolutely.

16. ltrainer

ltrainer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    upstate ny
    This is an old sign I photographed that I found in an abandoned hotel. I think it makes perfect sense:
    [​IMG]

17. ltrainer

Oct 18, 2010
    upstate ny
    Well I have an announcement. I'm thinking about becoming a vendor. I can't let my craftiness go to waste any longer. So here's my product roll out. Opinions are requested. Just not sure if I should make this big move or not.
    [​IMG]

Please ignore the previous post. Its not true.

18. jifjifjif

jifjifjif Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
  19. ltrainer

Oct 18, 2010
    upstate ny
    Ha ha ha!!!! Thats it. Ha ha ha!!!! :) And here I was looking for some constructive help. Well, I'm not giving up.

20. nerak

And I didn't really respond!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.