ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
TOS = Terms of Service.

The terms of your agreement when you signed up to join ECF. We have rules in place :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

Much obliged. After spending much of the night wading through legalese relating to the case mentioned in OP I did not feel much like repeating the process to study forum rules.

As to the case most of it seemed to dwell on the meaning of words like "other" and "designed". Crucial points seemed to be whether ecigs, irrespective of individual shapes and sizes, were actually covered by the law which was originally "designed" to protect children by banning candies etc which resembled cigarettes. Obviously, "resembled" also had to be defined - I think the judge's opinion was that one thing did not need to look like another in order for the term resemble to be appropriate - just being used in the same way could be enough. By that time I'd had enough and fell asleep.

Thanks for moving the thread.

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
Moved to Law and the E-Cigarette :)

For information of members there is another thread in the ANZ forum dealing with this same case. I have informed members of that thread (It's Started! ....) about this thread. Don't know if there is any way to merge or link two threads but at least I have tried to make members aware. That's it for me - got a big footy game to get ready for now. Go Hawks!

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
For information of members there is another thread in the ANZ forum dealing with this same case. I have informed members of that thread (It's Started! ....) about this thread. Don't know if there is any way to merge or link two threads but at least I have tried to make members aware. That's it for me - got a big footy game to get ready for now. Go Hawks!

Thanks Phanto- I'm a bit tied up myself and typing in fits and starts at the mo. Enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread