Status
Not open for further replies.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
if you want a vv and want to save money vaping, get the provari. Its one of the best built variables out there in its price range.
if you like new toys and are poor, I might suggest getting an mvp instead. its gonna die in a year, but who knows what new goodies will be on the market then
if you like new toys and are rich, get the provari. then get another and get a custom body for it so it actually looks nice

note that all that only counts for standard toppers. if you use rebuildables:
if you're poor get a clone, a lambo 6.0, and a meter
if you're rich get a authentic, a dna and a meter
if you're a watthead, get a supermax, a duke, or a grand innovations. and a meter.
if you want to save money get a nemesis clone (and a meter) and turn your browser off

Last edited:

destinkarette

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
Orange Grove, Texas
Honestly the mvp2 is a darn good piece of kit. Mine usually goes 3 days on a charge and pretty much does what it's supposed to. And it's regularly subjected to not very nice things like diesel and hydraulic oil as well as getting blasted about 100 feet away out of my shirt pocket when an air hose decided it wanted to retire.
I have a provari on yhe way, not sure I want to put it through the same things the mvp goes through though.....

Say10

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2014
Chicago
If I could offer you one bit of advice it would be to stick with the setup you currently have for another month. Hold onto the money you'd spend a 2nd or 3rd tier device in attempting to buy something cheaper and buy the Provari at the end of the month.

If you smoked cigarettes you were likely spending $6-$10 daily depending how much you smoked and how much they cost. The reality is you're going to buy batteries, tanks, chargers for any device so why not buy the best mod that's made in America by a company that stands behind their product.

I can't say you'll regret buying anything else but I'm pretty certain you won't regret a Provari. I don't even use mine that often lately since I've become fascinated with mechanicals but it will always be used and always remain part of my collection. And it's always going to work. Im pretty sure you can't say that about a Vamo V whatever version they're on.

Just buy it:)

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Honestly the mvp2 is a darn good piece of kit. Mine usually goes 3 days on a charge and pretty much does what it's supposed to. And it's regularly subjected to not very nice things like diesel and hydraulic oil as well as getting blasted about 100 feet away out of my shirt pocket when an air hose decided it wanted to retire.
I have a provari on the way, not sure I want to put it through the same things the mvp goes through though.....
You have that backwards. It should be-
I have a provari on the way, I hope the MVP lasts long enough for me to get the ProVari here. At least I'll have peace of mind that the ProVari can take anything my job dishes out....

TheArtist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
Over the hills and far away
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
{MODERATED}

Watts per Dollar, what kind of comparison is that? Who even equates value like that? That's like saying the VTR is a best buy because it gives you the most oz per dollar.

Please tell me any application in where you are going to need anywhere approaching 70 watts. I know of no juice that would be able to vape at 70 watts. And if the SuperMax is designed to vape anything other than e-juice, then you are in the wrong forum.

There have been many mods that have claimed that they are ProVari Killers. ProVape has over 4 years of time tested design under its belt.

Come back when the SuperMax is more than a Facebook page and email address taking advance orders.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
{MODERATED}

Let me put it this way:

It's made of aluminum.

The ProVari is made of stainless steel. Which one's built like a tank?

People buy the ProVari for it's durability, not because it grants the magic power of shooting rainbows out my .... I'll look at the SuperMax when it has been out for a year and all the beta testers have figured out how to break their unbreakable mods.

The most important info I ask before I spend money. What is the warranty on this miracle device?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
TheArtist is a friend of the SuperMax's maker. (Artisan Vaping) Some suspect that TheArtist IS the maker, and touting the device under that name to get around becoming a registered supplier. I have no way of knowing for certain.. Just throwing that out there. I do know that their Crown VV / VW device has failed on me personally, and I know of at least 3 other failures of the device reported by respected forum members...

TheArtist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

TheArtist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
{MODERATED}

Not really the best way to promote the protect you are beta testing is it?

Again, I am assuming that you are an experienced vaper, and as such, you know how ridiculous a cost of comparison of watts/dollar is.

Instead of coming in here and making ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims, how about showing us some performance specs. How about some readings from an o-scope. How about some performance specs on the voltage regulation?

Oh, I get it...you are under a non-disclosure agreement, but that doesn't stop you from expecting people to shell out $160.00 based on a Facebook page and some promises based on a chipset no one has ever heard of or ever seen.

And you expect to gain credibility by calling people a Nazis, puppy abusers, and muggers of the elderly?

With spokespeople such as yourself, I'm sure Artisan will sell a ton of these....

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
{MODERATED}

I'm not making anything up.. Just throwing out what I read. I did say I have no way of knowing for certain.. I like how you glossed over the Crown failures.. that, I DO know about for certain.. ;) I also know that because of those failures, I would be hesitant to purchase ANY device made by Artisan Vaping unless long term reliability is proven..

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
{MODERATED}

Watts/Dollar is a legitimate metric? On what planet.

I'm not the one who just popped into a ProVari thread and started shilling a product that is not even in production yet.

And as far as applications go, I am well aware of sub ohm vaping and the desire to have a regulated device. What I don't see is any juice that would withstand 30 watts let alone 70 watts without getting instantly cooked and tasting like complete and utter crap.

So again I ask, what possible application could this device have for e-juice?

TheArtist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

TheArtist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
{MODERATED}

The public has the right to know, that's why.. Especially when the same manufacturer is out making another device. All of the reported failures were brought to the manufacturer's attention.. Replacements were sent out, and some of those also failed within a short time.. I have one of the replacements that I seldom use because of this.. Evolv's Kick 2 is far superior, and very reliable in my experience... I use 2 of them with no issues whatsoever.. Same goes for the DNA 20 I had, and so far, the DNA 30 I have now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread