The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Crap... I researched Provari all night.

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by mzlynnem, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    [redacted]

Since this has wandered off into a discussion of other mods, how about one I'm actually interested in. The Microstick.
    It doesn't do anything fancy, but it's cute as hell, and perfect for stealth vaping.

2. TheArtist
    This message by TheArtist has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 2, 2014, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Mar 2, 2014
  3. TheArtist
    This message by TheArtist has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 2, 2014, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Mar 2, 2014
  4. Technonut

Technonut Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA

I have no idea where you are coming up with that... I know of Darwins still being used, only being sent back for battery replacements.. There were connector arm issues, but they were resolved. I've been around a long time, and have followed / used many devices since their debut.. (including the ProVari) This is the first I've heard of "100% failure rates" involving the Darwin..

5. TheArtist
    Mar 2, 2014
  6. DavidAmonettNashville

DavidAmonettNashville Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Nashville,Tn
    God that is beautiful [​IMG]

7. AC0J
    This message by AC0J has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 2, 2014, Reason: Collateral damage :).
    Mar 2, 2014
  8. Technonut
    This message by Technonut has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 2, 2014, Reason: Collateral damage :).
    Mar 2, 2014
  9. PLANofMAN
    This message by PLANofMAN has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 2, 2014, Reason: Collateral damage :).
    Mar 2, 2014
  10. RebelGolfer72
    This message by RebelGolfer72 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 2, 2014, Reason: Collateral damage :).
    Mar 2, 2014
  11. BlutO
    This message by BlutO has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 2, 2014, Reason: Complaining about site moderation.
    Mar 2, 2014
  12. Technonut

Technonut Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA

Since the mod deemed it fit to delete many of the posts, I won't say much except for the fact that the allegations were proven, and substantiated.

13. PLANofMAN

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    His entire post history was taken into account. Not just what was written in this thread.

The mods do nothing lightly.

Edit: He's gonna be pissed when he wakes up tomorrow and tries to log on. :p

14. BlutO
    This message by BlutO has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 2, 2014, Reason: Complaining about site moderation.
    Mar 2, 2014
  15. naturecannon

naturecannon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    Cool, helpful down to earth post p.opus. You got class man!!! Good stuff!

16. kbf101998

kbf101998 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2013
    Brentwood, Tn, USA
    I love mine! Can't put it down and it is perfect for out and about! The battery case I take with me for the extra batteries is a little bigger than the mod :).
    [​IMG]

17. PLANofMAN

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    Glassgal has one too, and I suspect there are more Provarinati that own them as well. It's on my really short list of mods to buy when I get a job again.

18. PLANofMAN

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    I wouldn't say they are always right; they are only human after all. But they take their responsibilities seriously. Anyone remember "Good News!"? The mods gave him every chance they could, and then some.

If the banned gentleman in question was using the same IP address as the previously banned supplier, then the mod's decision took all of 30 seconds. The rules are quite clear on that. If the IP was different, then they looked at many things. Fanboyism is one thing, but deliberately shilling for a product or company is forbidden on ECF.

Edit: Out of 136 posts made by "The Artist" (as best I can tell) the mods left 6 undeleted. All of his other posts were (presumably) either anti-companies other than Artisan, or Pro-Artisan. If you read between the lines, it will tell you a lot. I'll leave it at that.

19. BlutO
    Mar 2, 2014
  20. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    I'd love one but I just have one lonely ProVari. It needs a friend. :D

Tina, Tina, bo-bina, Banana-fana fo-fina, Fee-fi-mo-mina-Tina!

21. PLANofMAN

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    This is the ProVari forum, so yeah, someone coming in here trying to sell us on a non-ProVari product under false pretenses should get the thread white wash treatment. Also you need to look up the definition of "Shill." it's not the same as "Sell."

22. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    Please tell me what tank this is you're using?

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

23. kbf101998

Aug 30, 2013
    Brentwood, Tn, USA
    It is a by Leo slim tank.

24. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    Karen that looks REAAAAAALLLLY nice!!!!

25. kbf101998

Aug 30, 2013
    Brentwood, Tn, USA
    Thank you ScandaleX!! It is really a neat little device!

26. mzlynnem

mzlynnem Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Waynesville, OH, USA
    Ohhhh crap... I've had this valuable coin I've been saving forever, for an emergency. Bought in 2005, it's the first edition and only version of currency to date made of palladium... Only item of real value I've had, and sold today to pay my dad the rest of the $ I owed him for my phone/bill(sssssss) plus CPA to do my taxes. It was an emergency fund... And now I have enough left to get a Provari used... But then I will be broke and back to my 16$/mo vape budget so... Please tell me not to do it!!! LOL!

27. Glenn_K

Glenn_K Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2013
    Toronto
    Ok, 'please, do not do it!'

Which probably didn't help, so here's another thought; if you spend your entire vape budget on a ProVari, then lost it or had it stolen, you'd be in a corner. You could get something like at MVP2 for around half the price of a used ProVari, and still get a great vape (while you start saving up for a ProVari)

BTW do you already have 18XXX batteries and a charger? If not, that's another $40 or $50 on top of the ProVari.

-- Glenn

28. p.opus

p.opus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    Gotta Go with Glenn on this one. You should only buy a ProVari when you can afford it. Backups for Backups is more important than putting all the eggs in one basket.

Here's what I would purchase in order of importance.
    1. MVP2 (Can later serve as backup to ProVari)
    2. Kayfun type RBA (the flavor of these knocks everything else out of contention and rebuilding coils saves you money long term)
    3. ProVari. (It's going to last and last and last).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.