Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
[redacted]

Since this has wandered off into a discussion of other mods, how about one I'm actually interested in. The Microstick.
20140301_113244_zpsyo7zrd0n.jpg
It doesn't do anything fancy, but it's cute as hell, and perfect for stealth vaping.

Last edited:

TheArtist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
Over the hills and far away
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

TheArtist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
{MODERATED}

I have no idea where you are coming up with that... I know of Darwins still being used, only being sent back for battery replacements.. There were connector arm issues, but they were resolved. I've been around a long time, and have followed / used many devices since their debut.. (including the ProVari) This is the first I've heard of "100% failure rates" involving the Darwin..

Last edited by a moderator:

TheArtist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I'm still waiting for the "Warranty Information." It's great that the manufacturer has replaced defective stuff, but what about a year from now?
How much are parts and service, battery replacement, etc.?

Since this has wandered off into a discussion of other mods, how about one I'm actually interested in. The Microstick.

It doesn't do anything fancy, but it's cute as hell, and perfect for stealth vaping.

God that is beautiful
20140301_113244_zpsyo7zrd0n.jpg

AC0J

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Nebraska USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Collateral damage :)

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

BlutO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
The Dirty South
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Complaining about site moderation

BlutO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
The Dirty South
  • Deleted by retired1

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
Cool, helpful down to earth post p.opus. You got class man!!! Good stuff!
Also you can search the classifieds here and sometimes get a good deal on a used one.

They do hold up their value relatively well, however.

Here's what I would do.....(here it comes... blasphamy....)

Get an MVP2 for 40 to 45 bucks. It's a very nice entry level mod with a built in charger (just plug in a micro USB charger or plug the included cable into a USB port or AC to USB adapter).

It provides a very high quality vape. (near provari level, but not quite.....really close though).

The bad news is that after a year or more, the internal MVP battery will no longer hold a charge. By that time, you will have saved up enough for a ProVari.

OR.....Take a leap of faith and just close your eyes and jump in....The waters fine....

BTW...I have two MVP2's and a ProVari, and none of those were a waste of my money....

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
[redacted]

I love mine! Can't put it down and it is perfect for out and about! The battery case I take with me for the extra batteries is a little bigger than the mod :).

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR

I wouldn't say they are always right; they are only human after all. But they take their responsibilities seriously. Anyone remember "Good News!"? The mods gave him every chance they could, and then some.

If the banned gentleman in question was using the same IP address as the previously banned supplier, then the mod's decision took all of 30 seconds. The rules are quite clear on that. If the IP was different, then they looked at many things. Fanboyism is one thing, but deliberately shilling for a product or company is forbidden on ECF.

Edit: Out of 136 posts made by "The Artist" (as best I can tell) the mods left 6 undeleted. All of his other posts were (presumably) either anti-companies other than Artisan, or Pro-Artisan. If you read between the lines, it will tell you a lot. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlutO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
The Dirty South
  • Deleted by retired1

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
Glassgal has one too, and I suspect there are more Provarinati that own them as well. It's on my really short list of mods to buy when I get a job again.

I'd love one but I just have one lonely ProVari. It needs a friend. :D

Tina, Tina, bo-bina, Banana-fana fo-fina, Fee-fi-mo-mina-Tina!

mzlynnem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Waynesville, OH, USA
Ohhhh crap... I've had this valuable coin I've been saving forever, for an emergency. Bought in 2005, it's the first edition and only version of currency to date made of palladium... Only item of real value I've had, and sold today to pay my dad the rest of the $ I owed him for my phone/bill(sssssss) plus CPA to do my taxes. It was an emergency fund... And now I have enough left to get a Provari used... But then I will be broke and back to my 16$/mo vape budget so... Please tell me not to do it!!! LOL!

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Ok, 'please, do not do it!'

Which probably didn't help, so here's another thought; if you spend your entire vape budget on a ProVari, then lost it or had it stolen, you'd be in a corner. You could get something like at MVP2 for around half the price of a used ProVari, and still get a great vape (while you start saving up for a ProVari)

BTW do you already have 18XXX batteries and a charger? If not, that's another $40 or $50 on top of the ProVari.

-- Glenn

Ohhhh crap... I've had this valuable coin I've been saving forever, for an emergency. Bought in 2005, it's the first edition and only version of currency to date made of palladium... Only item of real value I've had, and sold today to pay my dad the rest of the $ I owed him for my phone/bill(sssssss) plus CPA to do my taxes. It was an emergency fund... And now I have enough left to get a Provari used... But then I will be broke and back to my 16$/mo vape budget so... Please tell me not to do it!!! LOL!

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL

Ok, 'please, do not do it!'

Which probably didn't help, so here's another thought; if you spend your entire vape budget on a ProVari, then lost it or had it stolen, you'd be in a corner. You could get something like at MVP2 for around half the price of a used ProVari, and still get a great vape (while you start saving up for a ProVari)

BTW do you already have 18XXX batteries and a charger? If not, that's another $40 or $50 on top of the ProVari.

-- Glenn

Gotta Go with Glenn on this one. You should only buy a ProVari when you can afford it. Backups for Backups is more important than putting all the eggs in one basket.

Here's what I would purchase in order of importance.
1. MVP2 (Can later serve as backup to ProVari)
2. Kayfun type RBA (the flavor of these knocks everything else out of contention and rebuilding coils saves you money long term)
3. ProVari. (It's going to last and last and last).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread