CRAZY Juggernaut pre-order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgaffman11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Scottsdale,AZ,USA
Wow... What a crazy pre-order for batch 5 of the Juggernaut. Those guys at M1 definitely have their hands full figuring out how to solve the problem of people's names being removed, people who were on the list first might not have immediately sent a PM with PayPal info, and lots of people posting their comments on FBI shortly after. Here is a recap of my story pardon the longwindedness of this...

juggernaut pre sale begins at 9:00 pm local time (AZ) so I am on my computer at 8:00 checking in making sure connection is good mouse is clean and ready.

8:33 pm rolls around and I see an update on M1 Vapors Facebook about the details of how to sign up for the pre sale and states list ill go live as promised at 9:00 pm. I notice their mention of a document and it reads as follows: "As the list will be a publicly editable document, we will rely on your honesty to secure a slot. Do not erase the details on a slot if it has been previously filled. Changes made will be automatically saved." No biggie at the time.

9:00 exactly and I have officially clicked the refresh on my browser enough to question what I am doing, but alas, I must push on... Finally!! The document goes live it loads up for me I notice 2 or 3 names in the first few slots I scroll down to the bottom 1/4 of the list make a random click and #81 is the lucky winner. I enter my name quickly, try to enter my Facebook name, but the document stutters it can't seem to contact google, UH-OH I realize there is an issue. Apparently I am not the only one who had this issue, but by the time the document reloaded my name had DISAPPEARED! Wow that hurts so I make a FB comment about what happened along with many others.

11:00 pm after lots of worrying I am on the list as of now, but my spot, precious little #81, belongs to 3 other people as well apparently and I think I was first but I'm sure the other 3 do as we'll...

The moral of my story is that these popular mods are so hard to get its amazing. No matter how hard u try sometimes its just luck of the mouse. Was shocked how quickly the preorder went and whoever gets a Jugg batch #5 will be lucky and hopefully appreciate it. I at least can rest assured that I didn't remove or edit anyone's name off that list. Good luck if u r on the list and good luck M1 figuring out this mess...

Update at 1:15 am-- M1 contacted me on FB and said the situation has been remedied and I checked the list and I am the rightful and very lucky owner of slot #81 all by myself. Phew! I can exhale now... Sorry to anyone who is on the other side of that situation. Hats off to M1 Vapors for handling this difficult situation it's 4.25 hours after presale began and this dudes r still workin...

Last edited:

Bgaffman11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Scottsdale,AZ,USA
Lots of good mods coming soon and a few hybrids also headed down the pipeline soon. If ur stuck on a hybrid eon has 37 blasted and 25 polished diablos still for preorder, u could try to get on the list for upcoming ihybrid a but good luck. If ur looking for cool batt mods super-t manufacturing has ELA units available for preorder still, atmomixani will pump out more nemesis units soon after this week (holiday week in Greece), and same with atmizoo and the roller and dingo they should have sum in the next week or 2. Most important thing to remember is don't get mad at companies like M1 for making only 100 slots or their method for preorder (I'd venture to guess their next run of hybrids preorders might be done differently). They were sending emails and sorting things out still 4-5 hours after presale...

Bgaffman11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Scottsdale,AZ,USA
I just logged on and erased number 81 and put my name in there. WOO HOO I am finally gonna get a jugg. Oh happy days.
Just Kidding I wouldn't do that even if I could.;)

Good one... Couldn't now if you wanted to. The list still remains in question, and they are still working to figure this all out... What a long ... day for those guys.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Most important thing to remember is don't get mad at companies like M1 for making only 100 slots or their method for preorder (I'd venture to guess their next run of hybrids preorders might be done differently). They were sending emails and sorting things out still 4-5 hours after presale...

Yup. You are correct Sir. They are trying hard to ensure the right folks get their Jugg, and it looks like they've got a sound method for determining this. When I spouted it was late and after a tough F5 fight, the struggle to edit a document 8,000 others were trying to edit simultaneously, and the flailfest/frenzy that ensued after the list closed. Call it battle fatigue. Hats off to M1 for working hard to make sure the Juggs get to their rightful owners. :toast:

BillyBenchpress

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
Pendleton, Oregon USA
I assumed they used google docs, does it have a track changes feature like excel?

Pretty easy to find the a-holes that way.
Yeah. M1 Facebook posting dux was talking about that. They were able to record all input and changes up until the list was closed. So those that erased won't get that slot number.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Fury83:9379711 said:
Am I the only guy who thinks the Juggy is fugly? lol

I don't have any particular desire for one. Especially since you can go pre-order a Diablo right now.

Yeah ... it was between a Diablo and Zen for me. Zen was in stock so I jumped on it.

Only thing that urks me about the Diablo is the fact that it's rolled steel and not solid. However unlike the current Zen's ... you do get both an 18350 and 18650 skirt. Though I gotta say ... the Zen feels incredibly sturdy and the finish feels almost "soft" to the touch.

The Juggy's profile just seems odd to me. Looks like a mortar/bombshell without the fins. Very sci-fi'ish in looks (and I'm some what of a sci-fi geek myself) but the look of it just isn't appealing to me. But hey ... that's just me so for those who love the look ... rock on.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Was that not just the first ones that went out had that, sitting looking at mine now and solid tube, no line on the inside at all.

Sent from my Shed.

From what I thought I read ... they are still rolled steel. They just refinish the weld line out of them. Not 100% sure on that one though ...

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
Read up on the craziness of that whole signup... What a mess. Just seems like the whole "Must have this Mod!" craze has been getting worse and worse. Nothing against the Jug, fine device, but there are a TON of fine devices out there. And speaking for myself.... kinda over the whole hybrid thing. More interested in seeing versatility.

Congrats though to those who got on! Hope ya enjoy it.

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    From what I thought I read ... they are still rolled steel. They just refinish the weld line out of them. Not 100% sure on that one though ...

From the man himself, solid tube :)

Version 1.0 (serials from 1 to 120)
    - Material 316L Stainless Steel
    - Borrosilicate (pyrex) glass tank
    - Insulation's on the atomizer made out of PEEK plastic
    - Insulation on the switch made out of POM plastic
    - Airhole 1.2mm
    - Tank size 4.5ml
    - Logo and serial on the bottom switch

Version 1.1 (serials from 121 ->)
    - Changed the battery tubes from welded ss tube to without welding because the weld can be seen with the blasted finish
    - Added a spring to the button insulation to make sure that the device will accept and fit all batteries without ratling
    - Changed the design of the contact pin on the button to make sure it doesn't fall apart when using the locking ring
    - Shortened the top cap 1.5mm
    - Moved the lower o-ring on the top cap 0.5mm upwards

Sent from my Shed.

tc1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Nice. I could have sworn I read from someone that in the right light ... they could still see a line where the welding was on their 1.1. Hard to keep up with it all these days though so I'm probably wrong.

By all accounts it seems like an excellent hybrid. I'm subscribed to your channel so I remember you enjoying yours. And at the end of the day ... that is all the matters. I'd probably pick one up if I hadn't dropped $250 on my Zen last week (the lady would KILL me if I dropped another two fiddy). I'd love to have the ability to use an 18350 on my Zen, but I wonder how much I'd actually use it in 18350 mode. 18650 just seems "right" in my big 'ole hands and that extra power is nice for lower resistance coils.

Frankly, I'm just glad more and more hybrids are coming to market so people who actually WANT one can actually GRAB one. I lucked out when it came to buying the Zen. A few minutes later and I'd probably still be searching for one or be on the Diablo preorder list.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread