Creating coil wire, or find what i need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2020
Okay so my target is to get .12 ohms consistently, doesn't fall apart, 3mm diameter, 4 loops. Fralien has one I find is best for my needs. However, the cool down time is too long and its still cooking that wicking, because the size of the coil outside diameter.

I've tried a few coils, like this wire mesh stuff, 4 loops, 3mm etc, .14 ohms. This to me is very uneasy and just inky dinky.

Main goal is for quick .13 ohm 85 to 90 watts, 3.8 volts fire up and possibility of much less cool down time in case I want to chain vape. No I do not get hot spots or dry hits, but I do taste how the cotton life is, pure and hybrid with canna.

Reactions: Diver9543
Nov 6, 2020
No, regulated. I rarely use VV on my Vaporesso Gen, but added details in case someone was mechanical only. Pretty sure its Ni80, Clapton fused, but fralien design?. To the point I have seen SO much eye candy on pinterest of these coil builds! Just wander if any of them would have a quicker cool down. Sorry I have no pictures on me, just sticking with the question.

Need coils at .13 ohms that can handle 85 90 watts. Fire up fast but most importantly cool down faster.

The tank is nearly too hot to hold onto, from all that heat stored in those massive coils. Want something with smaller wire, but still the large diameter to throw out .13 ohms.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HigherStateD

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
No, regulated. I rarely use VV on my Vaporesso Gen, but added details in case someone was mechanical only. Pretty sure its Ni80, Clapton fused, but fralien design?. To the point I have seen SO much eye candy on pinterest of these coil builds! Just wander if any of them would have a quicker cool down. Sorry I have no pictures on me, just sticking with the question.
I'm not into fancy wires/coils, but some might look good in pictures (like pinterest... mostly "eye candy") In reality, fancy coils have more mass (slower to heat up/slower to cool down) If you chain vape (or even close to chain vaping) that's the price you pay. Just a thought (because I don't chain vape) shorter draws and a pause between draws... or continue to cook it (your choice) I'm more into restricted DL and take my time vaping so can't give you advice on that. Are you using a RDA or RTA?

• Disagree
Reactions: HigherStateD

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Many months ago, I remember reading about someone on reddit or somewhere that said they continue to draw for about 2-3 seconds after they release the fire button, to cool their coils down.

But if you're already taking massive hits & filling your lungs to capacity, this won't work.

Reactions: NOVA jon

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    I'm not into fancy wires/coils, but some might look good in pictures (like pinterest... mostly "eye candy") In reality, fancy coils have more mass (slower to heat up/slower to cool down)

Depending on design, and desired wattage, fancy coils may be the only option to create enough surface area while minimizing mass.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I don't really understand the last part that u say (I do taste how the cotton life is, pure and hybrid with canna) but my English are not good...

I think u said u use Canna cotton....I have used this is the past...it's nice that it doesn't produce dry hits easy...
    but I stopped using it recently cause in my opinion it ended up a problem cause u may have a tight wicking and can't realise it cause u dont get dry hits but still get the cotton burned and changing the flavour slightly...
    I switched to any other cotton and I can easy detect even the slight burn hit and adjust my wick to my atty better....that improved flavour and reduced the coil gunk in my case even with sweet juices....

About the the coil I feel u must go for stainless steel cause heats faster and cools faster they say....u already use ni80 tho so maybe won't be soooooo much different but why not try...

I don't vape those huge coils soon don't know just saying what I would do if I was you.... Good luck

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Fancy exotic coils look great but usually perform poorly on single battery mechanical devices.
    If you want to use such a low resistance go for a coil made from multiple strands of thin wire either parallel or twisted. This will keep the mass relatively low but have a large surface area and a low resistance.
    High gauge wires have a poor mass to surface area ratio.

I modeled one in steam engine. Four strands of 28G in parallel, 3mm ID 6 wraps comes out to 0.13 ohms.

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Understanding the relationship between power and coil resistance | E-Cigarette Forum
    Choosing a coil for a single battery unregulated device | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread