Status
Not open for further replies.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Hello all...
Off the wall question...Other than preference what is the point/difference/benefit of mouth to lung vs straight lung hitting? I never really paid attention to how I inhaled til I started reading threads where people mention it. I am a mouth to lung hitter... Also,
I keep reading that mouth to lung hitters prefer a tighter draw. I (prefer m to l) but always have my airflow wide open...
Please my friends... enlighten me!!!

LiquidElectron

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Iowa, U.S.
I don't do it at all, with 100% VG, I just let it sit and then blow it out my nose. No lungs involved, except for the drawing and blowing, I guess.

Sucking down straight VG isn't too much fun. Yet. Maybe someday when I'm a little more nuts, I'll do it. Of course, when I first started, it was reflex from years of smoking. It hurt, too.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
back when i was in junior high school smoking in the boys' room, lung hit was a thing to do to get head rush. you put your cig between index and middle fingers, and cup the filter area with other hand. make small opening with thumb and index finger that's holding the cig and suck in like there's no tomorrow. and he will dizzy after couple of that.

with vape, lung hit is very easy. just relax and take deep pull straight into the lung. if the air flow is wide open i helps. if tight draw is made, it will be hard to lung hit. but still possible.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
tru trial and error, i find it is a multitude of factors - but the main difference/benefit i notice is, when mouth to lung inhailing i tend to feel more of a Smack of flavor and TH, vs direct lung inhail il feel a smoother TH and constant flavor profile.

depending on how i feel at the time , il chose a tank for one or the other. - mornings i prefer a mouth to lung, after waking up i enjoy a direct lung hit

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Lung hit leading into a mouth to lung at the end. Coughed my head off the first time I tried a straight lung hit, but one day it just worked when I tried incorporating the mouth to lung at the end and not trying to inhale every last bit of vapor.

-Treeburner

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello all...
Off the wall question...Other than preference what is the point/difference/benefit of mouth to lung vs straight lung hitting? I never really paid attention to how I inhaled til I started reading threads where people mention it. I am a mouth to lung hitter... Also,
I keep reading that mouth to lung hitters prefer a tighter draw. I (prefer m to l) but always have my airflow wide open...

In my first year of vaping on protanks I'd take vape to the mouth then inhale.

A few months ago when I got my drippers at some point I unintentionally did a straight inhale and discovered it could be done!
Direct lung inhales are not very practical with clearos that have a relatively tight draw; on drippers with wide open airways you can take a big breath ..... on the other hand, after a year's experience of vaping I'm less likely to get a toxic dry hit, and if you do a mouth inhale on a dry hit you get a chance to taste it first before inhaling to the lungs.

Vatigu

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Toronto, On, Canada
I was an advocate for mouth to lung but when I picked up my subtank my style changed rapidly - now I lung hit as a mouth to lung is not satisfying with so much airflow initially I thought I was going to have to pick something else up but naturally started lung hitting as my cravings went up and now I prefer a loose draw.

Even the subtank feels a bit restrictive as my lungs seem to be improving... maybe because of the lung hit exercise or maybe because of the quitting I don't know but I can suck a lot harder than I used to... Not something I ever expected to say...

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I am mouth to lung and never really paid attention to how others smoked. When I got my mother to try it the first time she lung inhaled and choked on it. She told me that is how she always smoked. There for a while I thought I had smoked wrong for 20 years! Then I found this place and learned otherwise LOL

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Hello all...

Well, I would pretty confidently bet that you are using clearomizers or other devices that don't allow for much airflow, even when all the way open.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Hello all...

My method of inhaling depends on the atty, setup and juice. On a single coil atty (Kayfun, Lemo), with low to moderate airflow, 0.8ohms, vaping NET, I mouth to lung inhale. On a dual coil attys (Magma, Fogger), with moderate to high airflow, 0.5 ohms, vaping NET, I lung inhale. I definitely get more flavor/intensity from a lung inhale but only if the atty has adequate unrestricted airflow. Interesting thread.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Well, very interesting responses. Thanks everyone... seems that I may have never had enough air flow to get an adequate straight to lung hit. I keep trying and on top of it being awkward I feel like I miss the flavor... Although letting it out my nose helps that. Someone said they bet I use clearos or setups with less airflow and that is true. I mostly vape silo lite with aspire bvc (non nautilus) coils on my ipv mini and istick. Recently got the joyetech egri with the rba base which has the most airflow of anything I've ever used. However, soon I'll be buying a subtank mini or two and that is really what brought all this to my attention. Someone had said mouth to lung hitters may not like the subtank mini because it doesn't vape well for that style vaper. So I began paying more attention to my style... Wondering if it might be a mistake to buy it if it doesn't suit me. Since reading other mouth to lung hitters have adjusted I am still considering it... I am concerned about my nicotine level though. I have mostly 18mg juice and if what I'm understanding is correct, that could make me nauseous... so... If I buy some juice at 0 nic same flavor and mix em 50/50 I think I'll be ok, right? I had to go down with my egrip rba too... just a better delivery so I don't need such high mg's with it... well, I'm glad I asked. The people of ECF came through again... Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread