Current M Series Suppliers (04/12/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Angels shhh, most of that stuff is still a secret around here. That is not so good maybe as suppliers for 40x stuff are getting harder to find. Spread tha word I guess then. :~)

I got a 3.7v dse905 mod and a 40x adapter... and that also works good, Gotta push that button though. :~( I got that because of 40x batt probs. buy hey, the 40x batts are not that expensive. Nor are tha attys but I just hate to see em die as long as there is any life left.
Joe
Joe

Hi Joe,

*LOL* Total secret from what I've seen...

I did find afew companys that have wonderful prices on 401 attys and batteries so that's not a problem.. I'm the same as you as far as not wanting to see them die.. I wan't to use them as long as I can..

That's a fact, seems like not many sell the 401 stuff which is crazy.. Seems like they all want to push the 510's and the 901's at us..

Been thinking of buying adapters too.. The 306 attys apparently are compatible with the 510, so if the 401 attys get even more difficult to purchase.. The adapter can be used that will work with the 401.. The 306 attyd automatically works with the 510, so that I can get those to work on the 510... Thinking of getting the mega 510 auto batteries and use the 306 attys..

What I like about this idea is that the 306 attys are like the 401 style, but haven't read anywhere if the taste is good or not.. Then again.. Try to find the 306 attys other than Janty and afew other stores...

The stores need to wake up and start selling 401's for sure!! I want to protest for it!!

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Regarding the M601--

The M301 which litecigusa carries is in essence an M601 atty with a metal sleeve on it. I just trial ordered the new M301/601 product called the X-power which as far as I know litecig is the first to carry in the US.

Half the time I drip on either the M301 or the M601, and the other half I actually use the cartridge oldstyle. The construction of the M301 cartidge is like a 510, meaning it will hold a pretty good amount of liquid.

Since this section of the forum is for people like me who really appreciate the tasty M401 and will never ever be happy with something like a 510, let me say nothing equals an M401 in taste. But the M301/601 comes very very close.

ivapour in the uk and electronic-cigz in canada carries an excellent 510 to 601/301 adapter so it's possible to try out the attys (or cartomizer in the second variant of the 601) without going the kit route. Just stick the atty with the connector onto a 510 battery or some 510 mod source (Maxx, Riva, eGo).

Ahhh... Thank You Kemuri for mentioning the 601 flavor, was very curious...

With all the mods and versions besides the mods it seems as if we are all going to go broke on our options *LOL* Someone has pics somewhere on here that shows all the regular and mods side-by-side that she has.. There are so many, my mind became severely discombobbled *LOL*

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I did a review on the M602 a while ago. Wonder if it is still relevant.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...es-m602-manual-kit-absolutelyecigs-com-6.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...7-m602-cartomisers-absolutelyecigs-com-2.html

The biggest advantage is that it comes with cartomisers too and is priced pretty well. People use to say that the 510 produces more vapor than the 40x and i tend to agree that this is the only department that the 510 is more superior than the 40x.

But the M60x really kicks 510 .... in every aspect. I mean it. I expected this model to be the 510 killer but it never happened, possibly due to lack of promotion. I'm glad that there are now some discussions on this model. Let me know if i can help shed some light on this.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Kemuri said about the flavor of 301 "very very close". I doubt that I could tell the difference. The advantage is that the cart holds more juice I guess?

Fedor, I now remember it was your good review that got me thinking about the 60x stuff. Nice job by the way! Is the 301 close enough to say it is the almost the same thing? Are both made by Smoore? If so then why make both? And, I think your right about the lack of promotion.

Angels, don't get too discombobbled yet. Ther's plenty of time for that. :~) I get comfused, kinda like confused but worse, about this stuff daily. Another reason I got a 3.7 905 mod was to see if the slightly higher voltage improved the 40x atty. Maybe a bit more consistent vape but that's about it for me. It costs about what five 40x batts does but might pay for itself in the long run? But... it still has that pesky button. Oh, and another reason was to try out some 808 cartomisers. No way do they have the flavor of a 40x. Maybe the 30x / 60x cartos might though? The 808s do hold a ton of juice though.

Since Fedor is here, and since I don't think there is a 60x section in the model specific section, I hope it's OK to talk about the 30x / 60x stuff here.?
Joe

Last edited:

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I never did understand the logic behind the creation of the 301. It is an exact 510 design that is NOT compatible with the 510.

Hence, this results in the Xpower not being compatible with ANY other models other than the 301. Many refrained from using the M201 (best penstyle imo) due to the parts not being compatible with any other penstyle. I see the same happening with the M301 but to a larger extent due to the massive 510 popularity.

This puzzles me a lot. The 510 is a good model but the appearance (and atty/battery life) turns me off. Thats why i feel that the M60x is an excellent substitute to the 510 as it is more superior in every aspect. I don't see any reason to try out the 301. Anyone wants to convince me otherwise?

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
I never did understand the logic behind the creation of the 301. It is an exact 510 design that is NOT compatible with the 510.

Hence, this results in the Xpower not being compatible with ANY other models other than the 301. Many refrained from using the M201 (best penstyle imo) due to the parts not being compatible with any other penstyle. I see the same happening with the M301 but to a larger extent due to the massive 510 popularity.

This puzzles me a lot. The 510 is a good model but the appearance (and atty/battery life) turns me off. Thats why i feel that the M60x is an excellent substitute to the 510 as it is more superior in every aspect. I don't see any reason to try out the 301. Anyone wants to convince me otherwise?
That makes no sense if none are compatible...

I'm confused as the substitute...So the 601 has the battery life of a 401 but the atty is like a 510??

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
With the M301, you simply attach a 510 compatible drip tip, drip the liquid and vape. Very easy and very direct.

With the M601 atomizer to drip with, you'll either need to cut off the tip of the cartridge housing to make a hollow tube. Or as I also did, cut an appropriate length from a dead M601 battery housing and place that onto the atty, which in essence makes it a 301.

I like the M301/601 twins equally and recommend both. Drippers will love the M301.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Angels, the 601 atty is not like a 510 but the 301 IS more like a 510 I think. From what I understand;

1.The 301 has a shielded atty like a 510. It can also use a 510 style cart.

2.The 601 has an atty like the 401 but bigger. Someone said it's like the 401s big brother. As 401 fans this sounds like something we should keep an eye on.

3. They make cartos for the 601. Not sure about the flavor deal with those?

4.The 601 bats? Maybe a bit higher voltage than a 401? But I'm not sure about that.

5.The 601 carts are larger but I'm not sure how much larger. One place has XL 601 carts. It was a place in Canada, The place that sells "ultra" stuff. They also have the 601 kits but a bit pricey at $120 or so.

Maybe Feder can clear all this up?

I'm thinking a 3.7 mod, since I already have one, w/ a 601 addy adapter might make a real good unit. I don't think they make the adapters yet though.

For you Angels, you could probably get a 3,7 mod to used w/ 601 attys, once they have adapters, and come out cheeper than a 601 kit? And... those mod batts are cheep and last a loong time.

Or??? we can just be happy w/ our 40xs. :~)
Joe

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Angels, the 601 atty is not like a 510 but the 301 IS more like a 510 I think. From what I understand;

2.The 601 has an atty like the 401 but bigger. Someone said it's like the 401s big brother. As 401 fans this sounds like something we should keep an eye on.

4.The 601 bats? Maybe a bit higher voltage than a 401? But I'm not sure about that.

5.The 601 carts are larger but I'm not sure how much larger. One place has XL 601 carts. It was a place in Canada, The place that sells "ultra" stuff. They also have the 601 kits but a bit pricey at $120 or so.

Joe

I do not have a 301 but this is what i know based on my findings. I could be wrong:

1) The 310 atty does resemble the 510 completely but from what i know, it is not compatible with the 510 in ANY way. Not even the carts will fit.

2) The 60x atomiser does look like the 401 atty's big brother and performs as such too. However, the threads are reversed compared to the 40x atty. Very good atty imo.

3) The 60x cartos are the only cartos i've tried and i've no complaints for a carto newbie. I refill using the same method as the KR8 and it works fine. Flavor is good too. The cartos are cheap. Only $6.80 per pack of 5 filled cartos.

4) The voltage is the same from what i understand.

5) The 60x carts are larger by about 20%-30% by eye reading/deduction. From what i gather, all XL carts of mseries are not produced by smoore. Have not really read a totally favorable review on all these XL stuff anyway. Perhaps thats why Smoore have not followed suit in producing these. $120 a kit is crazy. AEC has all their kits varying from $32-34. Thats where i buy but you may find US vendors with better overall price, especially if you buy at smaller quantitites.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I've never tried the 601/301 attys, although I'm curious to try the sleeved style with the larger cart capacity. I started out using 40x gear and was always pleased with the consistent quality of Smoore's stuff, as well as the flavor production out of the m401 atty. LiteCigUSA sells genuine Smoore's hardware afaik.

You can get an 510 to 601/301 adapter from "that place in Canada"
510 to M601 Adapter
That should let you plug a 601/301 onto an eGo or any MOD with 510 threads.

They also sell a whole bunch of Smoore's hardware, although it's OEM'd and rebranded for them. They confusingly refer to the m301 (the sleeved atomizer) as the 601XL instead of the m301 (not sure why, but it is what it is).
M601XL/M602XL Ultra Kits

I'm thinking a 3.7 mod, since I already have one, w/ a 601 addy adapter might make a real good unit. I don't think they make the adapters yet though.

For you Angels, you could probably get a 3,7 mod to used w/ 601 attys, once they have adapters, and come out cheeper than a 601 kit? And... those mod batts are cheep and last a loong time.

Or??? we can just be happy w/ our 40xs. :~)
Joe

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Here are some of the units I have--M400's, M600's, M301, the new X-power battery mod in both 650ma and 900 ma, threaded for the 301 and 601. The M301 atty and carto and the M601 atty and carto have a unique threading which is compatible within the M301/M601 family. The M301/M600 series thread is NOT compatible with the 510 which I also have.

The sleeved M301 atty is not a 510 with a different threading. If someone who actually has it and used takes it apart like I have, he will see that the M301 atty does not have that hair like wick visible to the side of the bridge. Yes, the M301 has a visible washer but I took apart a dead atty to look under the washer. It is not a 510.

The M600 series is an excellent series imo, as is the M301 series (which includes the X-power battery). Both can be used to drip but it's much easier to do so with the M301 so it's a no-brainer for someone who appreciates the extra taste that comes from dripping.

Glad VaporMadness also mentioned electronic-cigz.com. With both of us mentioning 510-601 (301) adapters, maybe people will see there is an adapter for sale.

I'll always keep around a 401 since it has a unique concentrated flavor that nothing else has, and probably will never have. It's probably a function of the atty size, it's strange square ceramic that looks like a face which is under the bridge. Even if the M301/601 were simply an enlarged version of the 401, it still won't be the same. But the twins are an excellent alternate or an addition to your M400 stock.

Last edited:

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Fedor, thanks for the 601 cart size and carto info! What I want is a 901 to 601 adapter to use w/ my 905 3.7 V. About the XL 401 carts... I love mine. The filler material is better than in the carts that come w/ the Smoore starter kits. To make them fit my PCC and 401 cases, since they are a bit longer, I just cut the rubber cart plug down some. The only place I have seen them is litecigusa. And not sure they are made by Smoore. I am guessing not. Does anyone else sell a larger 401 cart?

VM, thanks! You cleared up a few things.

Kemuri also thanks! How close in flavor, to a 401, would you say a 601 gets? And, does it produce a different vapor?
Joe

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
PapaJoe8, the M301/601 twins have pretty much replaced the M401 for me because it is close enough to an M401 that I don't feel I'm really sacrificing taste, which is the feeling I get whenever I go back and try a 510, 901, 4081, a Greencig or an 808 (the only exception is the penstyle BE112 at true 3.7v to 6v which is very tasty too). The flavor of the twins feels a bit "wetter" than with a 401. There's more vapor with the twins because it is larger than its 401 cousin. Probably a bit more throat hit with the twins too, though tastiness is my main concern and I've been happy with the twins. But since taste is so subjective, the only way to find out would be to try.

If you have something with a 510 power connection, then I recommend electronic-cigz.com and get their 510-601 connector plus an M301/601 atty and some blank cartridges for around $20 or so, including shipping. They're in Canada so give an extra day or two for arrival.

If you only have a 401 battery or a 401 passthrough, I think either Goodprophets or litecigusa has a 401 to 510 adapter. Then you would need to piggyback a 510 to 601 adapter to that, and finally one of the twin atomizer.

Needless to say, litecigusa has the M301 kits for $37. You get free shipping with anything over $15. Other vendors with at least one of the twins is the aforementioned electronic-cigz which is a bit pricey but is a good company. Also, check out signaturevapor and Super Nova Elite White Electronic Cigarette where I bought the first kit for $30 plus around $6 shipping. I've emailed absolutelyecigs for confirmation that beyondecigs does carry genuine Smoore products and the reply was yes they do--in case the rebranding of the M601 to Nova raises a question for you. I think beyondecigs would have the lowest price for a kit (which means including the necessary charger), but the economy kit comes with only one battery. Litecigusa's kit though $7 higher does have a second battery plus a wall adapter to connect the usb charger to, so value-wise litecig is a better value. It's too bad no one locally (US) sells just the usb charger for the twins, then you could probably do an a la carte of a twin for about $24.

All the companies I mentioned I have dealt with before and I've been a happy customer. Of course I've ordered from absolutelyecigs too and that would be another option for you in case you find out you're happy with either of the twins and want to order in sufficient quantity to make up for the $15 flat rate shipping.

BTW I rotate between the M301 and the BE112 penstyle but the M401 I always keep on hand because I'm starting to DIY juices and the M401 is excellent for testing out the juices, obvious. Anyway, good look (and luck) if you decide to give the twins a try.

Fedor, thanks for the 601 cart size and carto info! What I want is a 901 to 601 adapter to use w/ my 905 3.7 V. About the XL 401 carts... I love mine. The filler material is better than in the carts that come w/ the Smoore starter kits. To make them fit my PCC and 401 cases, since they are a bit longer, I just cut the rubber cart plug down some. The only place I have seen them is litecigusa. And not sure they are made by Smoore. I am guessing not. Does anyone else sell a larger 401 cart?

VM, thanks! You cleared up a few things.

Kemuri also thanks! How close in flavor, to a 401, would you say a 601 gets? And, does it produce a different vapor?
Joe

Last edited:

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I've always enjoyed your posts, kemuri.

Pls enlighten me on something. Why do you refer to the M301/601 as twins? Both models are different, aren't they?

Also, is there any reason for me to try the M301? I've previously found no reason to do so since it does not fit any 510 parts and looks like a 510 clone. At least 510 parts can fit with my Maxx and other 510 stuff. The M301 does not present any advantages in this aspect.

The M60x on the other hand is a very complete model, equipped with Smart PCC, USB PT, Cartomisers, regular carts/atty. The performance is also great.

What can be said about the M301? Your reply can determine if i'll be able to save some $$$, as i'm not yet determined if the 301 is worth a try.

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Fedor, the M301 atomizer is excellent as a dripping device. Because there is a metal sleeve around the atomizer bridge, a 510 drip tip can be used on it as well for a very nice fit. I get no leakage even when dripping. Don't want to stray too far about dripping since this is a M400 specific section, but dripping actually makes the vaporized liquid taste better since there's no middleman called the "cotton filler" which holds the liquid. Some people can actually taste the filler material and while not necessarily unpleasant, leaving that out of the equation means a purer taste, if you will.

In case you haven't tried dripping yet, cut off about 1 mm from the mouth end of the 601 or 401 outer cartridge (remove the inner cartridge first of course) to form a straight tube and place on the 601/401 as usual. Drip 2 or 3 drops onto the bridge and vape as usual. You might enjoy the taste. There is a slight learning curve in not flooding the atty or having it leak into an unsealed auto battery.

As for why I call them twins, I believe one UK Smoore supplier referred to the 301/601 as being the same atomizer but with the 301 having a metal sleeve and the other being unsleeved and exposed like a 401. A Canadian Smoore vendor also has a very clever packaging on his site using a 301 with some tweaks in the longer cartridge (XL) but calling it a 601 variant which is true. So out of curiosity, I did order an M301 from litecig, a Smoore vendor of course, and compared that M301 to an M601 with a home-made metal sleeve from a dead 601 battery section placed on it. It's pretty much the same wonderful vaping experience in all cases, the M301, the M601, and the Canadian 601 variant (which is a 301).

I believe you don't care for the 510 at all though you did try out the Maxx and its 510 atomizer. My guess is there was no comparison for you in tastiness between that atomizer and your usual 601 since you're been a Smoore fan as I have been and the 510 while ok is no 401 or 301/601 in bringing out flavor. When you vape a 301, you'll see that the taste is far superior and there is no way it's just a 510 with a 601 threading. Smoore did something markedly diffferent to the bridge/ceramic cup and didn't simply clone a 510 which has wicking fibers to the side of the bridge. So no, the M301 is not a 510 clone imo. Of course, the definitive answer would come from a Smoore engineer/production manager who would know exactly what's what.

It's a pity absolutelyecig doesn't have the M301 on their site, since it would be easy for you to order one M301 atty along with other things and attach the 301 to your 601 battery to test it out. If AEC had an M301 in their lineup, I would've added a package of that along with my last order.

I intend to use both twins in the foreseeable future as long as Smoore keeps producing them. For ease of use in dripping, M301

BTW, are you in contact with absolutelyecigs fairly regularly? You might ask them if the M301 battery can be used on the 601 PCC which is what I do from time to time, using the 301 or the 601 whichever needs charging if I'm in the mood to use a proprietary battery.

I've always enjoyed your posts, kemuri.

Pls enlighten me on something. Why do you refer to the M301/601 as twins? Both models are different, aren't they?

Also, is there any reason for me to try the M301? I've previously found no reason to do so since it does not fit any 510 parts and looks like a 510 clone. At least 510 parts can fit with my Maxx and other 510 stuff. The M301 does not present any advantages in this aspect.

The M60x on the other hand is a very complete model, equipped with Smart PCC, USB PT, Cartomisers, regular carts/atty. The performance is also great.

What can be said about the M301? Your reply can determine if i'll be able to save some $$$, as i'm not yet determined if the 301 is worth a try.

Last edited:

lena

Moved On
Sep 7, 2010
lingang China
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: supplier spam

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Just got back from seeing the concerts in Philia and NJ.. Had to veg out for some days so I haven't been online.. Got on yesterday at about noon and found that my 2 email accounts were loaded so I'm way behind.. Probably be a few days online catching up *LOL*

Just wanted to tell you all something....

I've been on the forum for over a year now and I know that this is probably the wrong place to post this but I don't care...

First off: Joe, Fedor, Kemuri, and Everyone.. You are the Best!!! I thought that maybe after a while I would not log in and just vape alone.. Well this forum and everyone in it has made me feel at home more than any forum (or chat) I have been on including my old Compuserve days in the 80's...

I try to help on the forum when I can and hope that with some of my quips I put a smile on your faces but there are those of you who go out of your way to post so much help and info that I certainly cannot compete, and I Thank You from the bottom of my heart....

On the trip I finally got to use my 401 PCC and oh boy!!! I'm in love!!!! Seems to me that sure I'll try a 601 (auto) and another Mod at some point... I switch between the 401 and my Janty Stick (at home), but I've pretty much given up my 510.. Having to change the battery on the 510 is soooooo annoying and I get pure enjoyment of the flavors with my 401 plus the benefit of the long battery life.. This PCC being "smart" also can't be beat, and I really like lights on things :)...

LiteCig is not too far from me being that they are located in Northeast Pennsylvania and so am I.. The shipping is within 2 days of ordering and the prices are wonderful... I'm still befuddled as to why 401's are not getting the attention they deserve.. But I've said that before and so has everyone else on this thread... It boggles the mind.. I just regret not starting with one of these first... I've been using many e-ciggie stores this year and I've yet to have any trouble with any of them... Money permitting, it's my new hobbie to try out all the different stores *LOL*

Anyway, Sorry I may have crossed the boarder and got a tad mushy but I can't help it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread