custom mod from existing mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomwolf

Jun 3, 2017
hey guys, I need your opinion on an idea I recently thought of.

I love unique looking mods/ custom mods. However sometime sfinding those that are your personal style on sale is difficult so I thought why not make my own? But then I realize that I dont have the tools and the knowledge. So then I was wondering if its possible to buy a pre existing mod. Take it apart and put it into a custom made housing.

what do you guys think? how hard will this be?

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Done all the time there are many discussions right her in this forum
Modding Forum

I agree with you that it is done all the time and pretty easy for a noob modder but it looks like the mods may have shut down that thread you put as the link. Wouldn’t open for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's doable and there are plenty of helpful folks there that can point you in the right direction for a box, you can also buy supplies from scratch, that might actually be easier in some ways, though I have to say dismantling a mod will probably give you a pretty good idea how everything goes together. Good luck in your endeavors.... :)

Anna

Reactions: Walee

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I've got the same idea in the back of my head. I love the Wraith for its feel in the hand, physical structure, etc., but the board is a looser. I've got visions of DNA dancing in my head but I haven't even taken it apart to see what I have to work with. Maybe someday.
I do feel good in the hands if I say so myself. I have the physical structure of Adonis. HOW DARE you call my board LOOSE! :lol::lol::lol:

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I do feel good in the hands if I say so myself. I have the physical structure of Adonis. HOW DARE you call my board LOOSE! :lol::lol::lol:
Ok, I can't help myself. Quick story. In my military electronics school we had one poor dude that just wasn't outfitted with the right CPU for the discipline. He never even mastered saying ohms. He called them ops with a long O. Constantly asking reveling questions. I thought the instructor would go bald. I think he ended up guarding something for his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread