• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
even w/ pms we should still be very careful !!

also maybe ?
start a thread with who would be accepting of pms +not!
a few of the vets could maybe start it ...idk ?
seems it would be rather helpful! :)

just sayin...

ok. me 1st,
i for 1 would not want pm's for important info!:(
reason,im still new+learnin myself!
also it might take awhile for me to respond!sorry+thx

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
If I am correct from what I have read in the past, some packages are refused entry and returned to sender, whilst others that contain nicotine in any way shape or form, the nicotine is removed and the package is allowed through. There is inconsistencies however, dependent on point of entry.

There is nothing wrong with this particular thread that needs concealment, folks just need to use good judgment when it comes to other topics of a similar nature, where perhaps a PM would be more appropriate.

Melloh

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Switched is right. There is no trickery to this thread if you really think about it. I'm not asking how to smuggle stuff, just what happens if they get a hold of things they don't want to allow in. I'm just concerned about lost items through customs. Don't shy guys. Anybody know what happened to farmyard? Maybe I'll pm him. Thanks for the pms and the answers.

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
Switched is right. There is no trickery to this thread if you really think about it. I'm not asking how to smuggle stuff, just what happens if they get a hold of things they don't want to allow in. I'm just concerned about lost items through customs. Don't shy guys. Anybody know what happened to farmyard? Maybe I'll pm him. Thanks for the pms and the answers.

There is nothing wrong with this particular thread that needs concealment, folks just need to use good judgment when it comes to other topics of a similar nature, where perhaps a PM would be more appropriate.

i realize this and i guess im so freekin paranoid
about all those newbs and innocent lookin posts i guess?
loose lips sink ships,better safe than sorry!! :laugh:

even w/ pms we should still be very careful !!

also maybe ?
start a thread with who would be accepting of pms +not!
a few of the vets could maybe start it ...idk ?
seems it would be rather helpful! :)

just sayin...

ok. me 1st,
i for 1 would not want pm's for important info!:(
reason,im still new+learnin myself!
also it might take awhile for me to respond!sorry+thx

i still think there is a call for a thread or sticky for
vets(or whoever?) who would not mind being pm'd
about certain questions and issues..thx:):)

Last edited:

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
i still think there is a call for a thread or sticky for
vets(or whoever?) who would not mind being pm'd
about certain questions and issues..thx:):)

It would definately be nice to have someone to go to WRT cross border shopping, customs stuff, sensitive info, etc. I don't know much about this stuff, but if a vet who knows all about this but doesn't want to be bothered with pm's, wants to make up a letter for me with all relavent sensitive info that is better not shared publically, I don't mind if all the newbs want to pm me and I can forward it on to them. I know I personally would love to see a list of all the US vendors that will ship to Canada. It has been discussed a few times and each time a couple of company names are mentioned, but I know you all are holding out on me!!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
It would definately be nice to have someone to go to WRT cross border shopping, customs stuff, sensitive info, etc. I don't know much about this stuff, but if a vet who knows all about this but doesn't want to be bothered with pm's, wants to make up a letter for me with all relavent sensitive info that is better not shared publically, I don't mind if all the newbs want to pm me and I can forward it on to them. I know I personally would love to see a list of all the US vendors that will ship to Canada. It has been discussed a few times and each time a couple of company names are mentioned, but I know you all are holding out on me!!

VaporSearchUSA start sending e-mails to them and ask :)

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Order placed 15 Feb (HG - China) released from customs 19 Feb. I should see my order by week's end or next Monday.
Order received 23 Feb 2010.

Many have feared and others have spread fear wrt ordering outside the country. Yes you do take your chances, and although this particular order was super fast, 10-14 days have been the norm for me.

heXy

ECF Veteran
  • Feb 11, 2011
    Brampton
    Suppliers in the States shipping to Canada could always try to avoid putting their company names on the packages. Then customs may not easily be able to detect whether or not it's a nicotine item.

An order I made weeks ago arrived rather quickly, and didn't contain a company name, only the persons first initial and last name.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread