Not open for further replies.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
36/100 x how much you want to make.

So, say you want to make 200 ml of 36 mg/ml.

36/100 x 200 ml = 72 ml of 100 mg/ml nicotine.

You'd then add 128 ml (200 ml - 72 ml) of what you want it diluted in (pg or VG or a mix of those). If you want a specific pg/VG ratio in your mix down you need to do more math or download a calculator to help with the calculations.

To check the math:

72 ml x 100 mg/ml = 7,200 mg total of nicotine
7,200 mg / 200 ml = 36 mg/ml

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Also, there are calculators that will do all this math for you. I calculate all of my stuff by hand, so I can't recommend a specific calculator. I'm sure someone will come along an recommend one that will do this. Personally, I think it's important to have at least an idea of how to do it by hand so that you can spot an error (i.e. You entered a number incorrectly).

thatguy2

Moved On
Oct 24, 2013
Also, there are calculators that will do all this math for you. I calculate all of my stuff by hand, so I can't recommend a specific calculator. I'm sure someone will come along an recommend one that will do this. Personally, I think it's important to have at least an idea of how to do it by hand so that you can spot an error (i.e. You entered a number incorrectly).

your telling you age there spazmelda :)
the first hand held calculators (using a 9 volt battery) came along about 2 years after I graduated High School..
Pencil and note pad was the only way to do calculations in them days (although I still have my slide rule around here somewhere)..
But, I do like my ejuicemeup -

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Part of my issue is that I haven't found an iPad eliquid calculator that I really like. There are a couple of spreadsheets and pc calculators I like, but the ones for the iPad won't do what I want. I make mixes with lots of tiny fractional percentages of some flavors. The iPad calculator I've tried won't give me accurate results for say, 0.25% of x flavor. That often comes to microliters rather than ml, and it's just easier to do the math by hand (with a hand held calculator) than to sit down at the desktop computer and fiddle with an eliquid calculator.

Take normal precautions--gloves are recommended. OK, I never wear them, but I do make sure I only touch 100 mg nic bottles when right next to the sink. Any spills on my skin can be removed immediately.

Eye protection is always a smart idea, and some recommend wearing a mask.

Other than that, 100 cut to 36 means you're making a 36 percent solution.

Amount of 100 Nic = Total Amount You Want To Make * 0.36
Dilutant = The Remainder, or Total * 0.64

the first hand held calculators (using a 9 volt battery) came along about 2 years after I graduated High School..
Pencil and note pad was the only way to do calculations in them days (although I still have my slide rule around here somewhere)..

Hey, calculators have been around since I can remember and I still don't use them. They really cut into your ability to do the mathematics and the equations in your head. :)

WileECoyote

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2013
Woodbridge, VA, USA
www.zidrate.com
Made my own spreadsheet with google docs. To answer the OP's question - It might be a good idea to purchase a nic test kit as well until you get comfortable with doing this. There are many available but here is one that is pretty affordable. This one is $8.99 and comes with everything but the distilled water. Happy vaping and good luck! :vapor:

Nicotine Test Kit

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
thanks for the help guys . i always try to be safe when handling supplies. yes someone needs to make better apple apps lol. I should get the test strips. i usually by 12 mg nic since i vape at 6 mg but then i got this crazy idea that id buy a bunch of 100 mg and stash it in the freezer. thought it would be all good then i opened the freezer and panicked at the thought of handling 100 mg. maybe ill just leave it there, still have enough 12 to last till i can get the test . better safe than stupid.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Another caution when dealing with 100 mg./ml. rocket juice: ventilation!

Either use an exhaust hood or stick a fan in an open window.

I've given myself some wicked headaches during extended DIY sessions in a closed room. Now I save DIY sessions until I can have an open window, i.e., not in the winter, especially one like what we're having now.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska

I'll second ejuicemeup even if I have to use Parallels on my Mac to run it. Great program and it's free.

I still have my slide rule too. It's a bit yellowed from age.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
I appreciate this info, too! When I run out of the 48mg I've been using for my diy, I want to cut my 100mg down to 48, keeping a small container out and the rest in the freezer. I only vape 4mg, so the 48mg is easy for me to cut using the ejuicemeup calc. But I had no idea how to cut my nic with it.
Thanks ya'll!:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread