How much nic fluid do you use in a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dulce

Apr 23, 2011
CT
Simple question just for comparison sake: How much nic fluid do you use in a year?

Last year I bought a 500 ml bottle of 36 mg unflavored nicotine. That's all I've used out of in the last year and only about a 1/5 of the bottle is used, so roughly about 100 ml. I guess that's 36 mg per ml, so about 3600 mg of nicotine in the last year. FWIW it's 50/50 PG/VG so I usually cut down roughly by half with more VG so it's about 18-24 mg in each bottle, then just add a few drops of menthol as I don't really like flavoring.

Reason I ask was I thinking of stocking up on a 2L of 100mg, was wondering how long that would last me, and also what my current usage is like compared to others and if maybe I should cut back.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
If you only used 100ml of 36 mg/ml (3,600mg's) in a year. Then 2L (2,000ml's) of 100mg/ml (200,000 mg's) would last you 55.56 years. I wouldn't even consider getting that much at your present usage.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'm going through about 3-4ml of 12-18mg/ml juice per day. So lets say 3.5 x 15mg/ml x 365=19,162.5mg's.
Compared to me, I'd say you have to start vaping more lol :laugh:

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I have a 1L of 100mg/ml Nic stored in my freezer in 16 60ml amber glass bottles. I mix for 2 so I figure that's around 3 years and I'm in the process of cutting back to 12mg/ml. I figure if they stop sales of Nic I will just cut it down to 0mg before I run out. The thing is I'm not sure even with freezer storage how long it will keep. I've heard at least 3-5 years. YMMV

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I use an average of 3-4ml per day, at an average strength of 18mg/ml. So that's around 23,000mg nic per year. I would not say you're vaping "a lot" of nic...most likely on the low side around here.
By my calculations, you should send me one of your liter bottles :)

I'm thinking he should send us a .5L each :D

Cheers,
Steve

This is a fascinating way of thinking about it!

At the moment, I'm at 6 mg/ml, but chain vape 10 ml per day (usually a bit less, but let's cut high). So 60 mg of nicotine per day.

That works out to 21,900 mg of nicotine per year, or a rather amazing 21.9 grams--the weight of 22 paper clips!

My base liquid is 100 mg/ml, so I'd use 219 ml per year, or about a quarter of a liter.

I have three quarters of a liter on hand (and a bit more) currently, therefore I have enough for three years.

Since I'm also slowly adjusting downward, that extends my time considerably...but I also make my mother's liquid. She, however, consumes less than 2 ml per day of 2 mg/ml, or 14.6 ml of my supply per year. :)

Dulce

Apr 23, 2011
CT
I use an average of 3-4ml per day, at an average strength of 18mg/ml. So that's around 23,000mg nic per year. I would not say you're vaping "a lot" of nic...most likely on the low side around here.
By my calculations, you should send me one of your liter bottles :)

I kind of figured that would be the case. I'm actually kind of shocked as I barely put a dent in this bottle, and I pretty much vape all day everyday. I guess there might be a few long stretches where i just kind of forget lol

IMG_20140106_230940.jpg IMG_20140106_230954.jpg

Really.. I read in another thread that indicating it was basically forever.

I'm not a chemist and have no way to test the stuff. If visual inspection qualifies, mine hasn't noticeably changed in seven months. There's no more than the faintest yellow tone it had when it arrived.

That's implying that it'll be good for at least three years, possibly more.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I have 50mg nicotine and vape 3 to 4 ml of eliquid a day. My mixing breakdown tells me one ml of nic base is used a day. So, I use one ml of nic a day or 365 ml a year. of course some of my mixes fail so have to include some for that. I would say having a 500ml bottle of nicotinee easily gets me through a year. my cost is .10 cents a ml so the cost is $36.50 a year and with the extra nic for fails that would be $50.00 a year. That's cheap no matter how you look at it. My flavors cost is a little higher than that. The PG and VG per ml is only 7/10 of a penny. Overall, I am vaping DIY eliquid for under .50 cents a day. Not bad.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I have 2000ml of 100mg NIC in the freezer. I've recently just opened my second 250ml bottle in 10 months time. I vape 3 - 4ml a day and have so many mixed bottles of juice just laying around that would take me a year to vape up and I gave lots of it away. So I would say I have enough to last a few years:) I would say on average I go through maybe 200ml a year when I'm not giving the stuff away.

Last edited:

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
I vape about 4-12ml a day depending how good the juice in my tank is. Really good juice I just chain vape for hours and hours on end without ever putting it down. Something I'm not so fond of i'll toot it and boot it once and again. Everyone is different and since I make myself I make lower nic strength and just vape more since I enjoy it that way. I know someone who used to vape 20-30ml a day or 36mg nic. He finally realized how ridiculous it was and now vapes about 10-15ml at 12-18mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread