Cyclone bf questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
I'm looking into getting a reo and I love my vicious ant Cyclone with AFC. I'm away on vacation right now so I don't have it to look at. But are all of them bf ready? I know it has the screws that look hollow in the middle. I'm just curious because I could save not having to buy another attempt.

If not where is the cheapest place u could get a bf Cyclone and just use my afc cap? Or are there any other bf drippers the cap would fit on?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ray22

Nov 16, 2013
España
I'll answer what I can. There are two variants of the cyclone: a normal dripper and a bf. The way to know as always, is the conector at the 510 base should have a hole to let liquid move up to where the second difference is: two holes at the center post. Easy to know if it's bf or dripper.

Also, the AFC is not compatible with the stock Reo. You have to ask Robert to mill the base, for which he will charge you +20$. Others might be able to answer the other questions :) .

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
You can buy it bf from here: Cyclone Rebuildable Atomizer by Vicious Ant Precision Engineering and Research - Cyclone Rebuildable Atomizer Information

Or, you can DIY like this:

a1.jpg

Details on how here in post #67: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/492768-milled-catch-cups-oversized-atomizers-7.html

Like Ray said, the afc cap won't go all the way down on a stock Reo without the catch cup milled down like this:

cyclone1.jpg

Last edited:

FEEDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Geordieland UK
Cyclone is all I use, as said byRay22, the bf cyclone has two holes in one of the posts, & has a hole in the centre of the 510 connection
You can use the standard cap with a reo, if you want to use the AFC, you have to either use a 510/510 adapter, or get the reo catchcup milled down
Across here the cheapest I've seen them, is £39
Frank

Ray22

Nov 16, 2013
España
Well this looks like more work and money than anticipated... So getting the catch cup milled looks like a good idea regardless?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If you plan on using the cyclone with AFC, definately yes. Good thing about Cyclone + AFC is it lets you do much more different setups. You can still get a Reomizer to sit flush on it (unmilled RM2.0, totally recommended BTW), plus with the milled cup it will work with any atomizer (be it BF or not). Once the new contacts are out, that means one of the most powerful box mods out there for non BF atties, and the Cyclone will also beneffit when using dual coils/ extreme fog-machine kind of setups. I believe it's a win-win :)

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Hi, Sectopod (what an awesome moniker).

For me...I like to get the coil as close to the air hole as possible and then adjust the height up or down to adjust TH and flavor (I like it right in front of the hole).

As for the cotton wick...I make a nice long wick that sticks out both ends and then I make a nice bed of cotton. The extra cotton will hold more juice than the small deck of the Cyclone and give you more hits between squonks. For a single coil I like the ohms right around 1.2. For dual-coils with the AFC I shoot for around .5 with 28 guage but it's totally possible to do a dual-coil at 1.2 with 32 guage.

As for the cotton burning...that just comes with practice. Usually I can tell when to squonk because the flavor starts to taper off.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Okay...we can fix this.

1. Is the air hole right in front of the coil?

2. Are you sure juice is making it into the Cyclone? You may have to fiddle with the tube as it sometimes gets stuck.

3. 2.2 ohms may be too high. Trying building a coil in the 1.5 ohm range.

4. What guage wire are you using? Can you send pictures of your coil?

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
View attachment 279152 View attachment 279153 View attachment 279154

I tryed again, Air hole sit in front of the RES, I putted liquid on the wick, then squonked, big hit that taste nothing and 0 clouds at all like im not smoking

-.-

The pictures help...I believe we have a language issue. But that's okay...

Let's forget the word squonk for now...I'm pretty sure I know what you think it means but it doesn't mean what you think that I think it means (did I mention language issue?):)

Your coil looks okay and while that's a lot of cotton it should still perform okay so let's get back to basics. I think you're ohms are a little high and it's taking the Provari too long to heat everything up.

Try building a single coil at 1.5 ohms. Your Provari will be able to fire that fine. When you wick it just use a little cotton...about half of what you have in the picture. Make sure your airhole is right in front of the coil. Add some juice. Vape it. Report back.

FEEDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Geordieland UK
View attachment 279152 View attachment 279153 View attachment 279154

I tryed again, Air hole sit in front of the RES, I putted liquid on the wick, then squonked, big hit that taste nothing and 0 clouds at all like im not smoking

-.-
From the middle picture you've posted, you've got the coil leg, in the bottom hole, of the centre post, it needs to be in the top hole, so the juice can squonk easier,
Doing this will also improve the vapour, & taste etc
Frank

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Sorry forgot to say, im using sunbox e7

Provari is there just to test ohms eheh

Well it started to work better when i moved a bit the air hole around.

Im at 2.2 ohm, will try lower.

How ppl use from 10 to 12 watts on box, on provari they suggest to not going over 4.2 with 2 ohm res

The Provari is regulated and won't go higher than that. What batteries are you using?

sectopod

Oct 20, 2013
Italy
thanks all of you for the help.

OK , so yes maybe you dont see in the picture but im using the top hole already, I will try to make it a bit longer and at same level of air thanks

Pictures are with provari but im using it on SUNBOX E7, just bought it, it promised to be better then my kayfun provari, but ATM, provari + lkayfun Vertical coil chimney style hits much harder and has better flavor.

Hope didnt waste money on that box + cyclone, will try tomorrow to make those changes thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread