Dark colored e juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
I’m not trying to get sh**t on for asking this . Here it goes. I got this juice and it’s a dark color brown. I know it’s the nicotine and all that breaking down, but does it mean it has diacetyl in it? Idc about it I was just curious.
7435052c188a19579fbe2dd50649adaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nope. e-liquid color can be the result of the flavoring agents used. Also, nicotine darkens when exposed to oxygen. No reason to believe the manufacturer used diacetyl. All legit manufacturers voluntarily stopped using it when the "popcorn lung" reports surfaced years ago, which was fake news from the beginning. Absolutely no vaper has ever gotten popcorn lung from vaping.

Does vaping cause popcorn lung? | Cancer Research UK

Last edited:

roguetr

Dec 27, 2018
Yeah, I have plenty of juices that are completely clear and dark and all have nicotine. Typically the sweeter the juice the darker it is, but not always the case.

If you do a quick search on vaping and diacetyl you'll quickly come up on a figure of cigarettes having 750x the amount of any ejuice ... and how often do you hear of smoking causing popcorn lung.

Still best to avoid what we might consider more harmful than other additives but even if this juice did contain diacetyl, unless this is the only juice you ever intend to vape, I wouldn't worry. Enjoy the restricted buttery goodness lol ;)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Baditude

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’m not trying to get sh**t on for asking this . Here it goes. I got this juice and it’s a dark color brown. I know it’s the nicotine and all that breaking down, but does it mean it has diacetyl in it? Idc about it I was just curious.
7435052c188a19579fbe2dd50649adaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NO. Didactyl is a butter flavoring that actually works really well if you eat it. Just not if you breathe it. It’s a specific manufactured chemical that has nothing at all to do with nicotine breakdown. The darker color of your juice may or may not have anything to do with degrading nicotine. A lot of juices are just darker. A lot of NET tobaccos are nearly black when brand new for example

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Oh I didn’t know they didn’t use it anymore. I thought desert flavors still had it lol. That’s good to know :)

Some still do. When in doubt, ask the vendor/manufacturer. BTW, it's not just the buttery dessert flavors that contain diketones. Dr. Farsalinos found them, surprisingly, in many fruit flavored eliquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread