Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarekis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2011
San Diego
Never happened to me with my driptip. Maybe you should put your PV some cooling time when you vape. Lol. You're not alone.
424b06bf-a6d8-c80b.jpg

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Just got my DCA and wow...total disappointment. You guys all seem to be happy though, so I must be doing something wrong.

I'm using a debridged Cisco 1.5. I have the expansion pack, and used the smallest top piece. The Cisco snugged about 1/16" from the base, as indicated in the directions. I was able to get it screwed in far enough to fire, but the top piece is no longer snugged around the atty and it just falls out of the top. This also means that my atty is stranded inside the lower piece, and since I have no bridge, getting it out is tons of fun.

If I push the atty farther into the top piece before screwing it into the lower piece, I can't screw it in tight enough to make contact and it won't fire.

I really love concept of the DCA, but if I can't get past this problem it won't work for me. Has anyone else had this issue? What am I doing wrong?

ps: I've watched the howto, tips, and tricks video. It was no help.

Lax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Bozeman, Montana
Just got my DCA and wow...total disappointment. You guys all seem to be happy though, so I must be doing something wrong.

I'm using a debridged Cisco 1.5. I have the expansion pack, and used the smallest top piece. The Cisco snugged about 1/16" from the base, as indicated in the directions. I was able to get it screwed in far enough to fire, but the top piece is no longer snugged around the atty and it just falls out of the top. This also means that my atty is stranded inside the lower piece, and since I have no bridge, getting it out is tons of fun.

If I push the atty farther into the top piece before screwing it into the lower piece, I can't screw it in tight enough to make contact and it won't fire.

I really love concept of the DCA, but if I can't get past this problem it won't work for me. Has anyone else had this issue? What am I doing wrong?

ps: I've watched the howto, tips, and tricks video. It was no help.

What pv are you using it on? Maybe a 510-510 adapter would give you more thread to work with...?

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
What pv are you using it on? Maybe a 510-510 adapter would give you more thread to work with...?

Pure Smoker Icon. I was thinking that may be part of the problem. I noticed the pin in the lower pieces floats a bit and moves inward when pushed. The Icon has a deep juice well and it seems if I can get the lower piece to make better contact, I can push the atty farther into the top piece to keep it snug.

I'm going to try it on a box mod and see if this theory proves to be correct. Will post back with the results.

Edit: Seems to work better on the box mod, but I still need to keep the top almost completely tightened (ie. almost the tightest draw). Guess I'll try a 510 to 510 adapter and see how it goes.

Last edited:

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
snug a different top piece on to the atty to unscrew the stuck atty. If that's not working, use a 306 drip tip to unscrew the stuck atty. It seems the top piece ur using is too big - the atty shouldn't come out so easily

I already indicated I'm using the smallest top piece. My Cisco swims around in the medium and large sized top pieces.

Good idea on using a drip tip to unscrew the stuck atty. Unfortunately, I only have cannon style drip tips.

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
Pure Smoker Icon. I was thinking that may be part of the problem.

It is. I have the Icon 1.1 and because of the drip well a 510-510 shorty extension is required to be able to use the DCA306. Otherwise, as I think you surmised, the floating pin cannot make contact and will not fire. I've taken to keeping a 510 shorty ext. in my Icon all the time, as the DCA is not the only device affected by that feature.

As for the DCA pieces/parts and assembly, I admit it took me a few times to get it right. Basilray's video was the first one I saw that explains the assembly process with enough clues for me to figure it out, but even so I'm not sure it went far enough (and I admit I haven't watched all of the available DCA videos). Personally, any time I replace the atomizer and put it back together on a battery I check the draw before doing anything else so I can fix a stiff or loose draw before putting any nicquid in there.

Give it a little time and a few more runs and I think, as long as you have a good 306 atomizer in there, you will come to "get it" and probably like it.

If not, well, at least you gave it a fair shot ... and there are lots of folks who won't mind taking it off your hands. ;)

Lax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Bozeman, Montana
Just an update to say the 510 to 510 connector has done the trick to make the 306DCA work on my Icon. For the record, I got the "510 modders connector" from Avid Vaper.

Everyone has been right about how awesome this thing is!

Glad to hear ya got it figured out and are enjoying it!

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Just got my black anodized one in today. I probably shouldn't post yet, as there hasn't been time for the "new to wear off" yet. :) However, that caveat aside, this is one of the coolest pieces of vape gear I've found to date. Once I figured out how to get it threaded properly (thanks Basilray), it works out phenomenally well. No leaking, perfect airflow, and it holds somewhere between 1 and 2 gallons of juice... Ok, not really, but a dozen drops or more np. I predict my carto tanks collecting dust from now on. :)

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
I really really like the drip tips they released. They look great on just about any PV, but especially with a DCA or nice dripshield. They are also GREAT for dripping. The hole is so big that it's impossible to get any on the inner side of the drip tip - which means less juice getting in your mouth, even with VG heavy eliquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread