Status
Not open for further replies.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
Yeah me too! The SS ones look fine on the black DCA, but not as good as a black one would :)

dca ego.jpg
vari1.jpg
ipro.jpg
510.jpg
sd.jpg

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I ordered some delrin shorty T-tips from Super-T. Can't see it in the pictures of the delrin ones, but they have the same opening as the other T-tips above where its pictured. Should work out.

I'm not actually a fan of metal tips because they start out cold. Not a deal breaker, but just don't prefer it. Still definitely going for one of the anodized DCA tips when they show up on the site, though. Since it doubles as a heat sink, that issue should be resolved after one drag.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I ordered some delrin shorty T-tips from Super-T. Can't see it in the pictures of the delrin ones, but they have the same opening as the other T-tips above where its pictured. Should work out.

I have one of the traditional style shorty t-tips on mine and it looks great.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Just got my black anodized one in today. I probably shouldn't post yet, as there hasn't been time for the "new to wear off" yet. :) However, that caveat aside, this is one of the coolest pieces of vape gear I've found to date. Once I figured out how to get it threaded properly (thanks Basilray), it works out phenomenally well. No leaking, perfect airflow, and it holds somewhere between 1 and 2 gallons of juice... Ok, not really, but a dozen drops or more np. I predict my carto tanks collecting dust from now on. :)

Ok, so after test driving it for a week, I'm in the "really *wanting* to love this device" phase. In relatively short order it clogs up with Boba's. I imagine that's more a factor of the VG than anything to do with the DCA, but in lieu of getting AVE to make me some in a 60/40 PG/VG blend, not sure where to go with it. I have to clean the thing out entirely every couple of hours, and then it's back to vaping heaven for a while until it clogs up again. I imagine if I vaped it like a train, it would perform forever, and that rather it's being left to rest that it really gums up. *sigh*

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Ok, so after test driving it for a week, I'm in the "really *wanting* to love this device" phase. In relatively short order it clogs up with Boba's. I imagine that's more a factor of the VG than anything to do with the DCA, but in lieu of getting AVE to make me some in a 60/40 PG/VG blend, not sure where to go with it. I have to clean the thing out entirely every couple of hours, and then it's back to vaping heaven for a while until it clogs up again. I imagine if I vaped it like a train, it would perform forever, and that rather it's being left to rest that it really gums up. *sigh*

If you can't get it to work, I'd be happy to take it off your hands!

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
Pry it from my cold dead ones!

It really is the best thing I've vaped for that magic couple of hours... just goes downhill so fast with 100% VG juice. :(

I find that it clogs when you put too much VG juice in it to the point that you can barely pull on it and it gurgles like all hell but after I blow it out and everything it works fine. That is my experience with it at least :ohmy: Mine has been sitting in the drawer lately though because I can't find any good HV 306s so I am using an i06 for now.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
well, it seems to work better if I use the upper that is too small. It protrudes about 1mm, but allows more air to flow around it, which prevents the clogging. Not ideal, since this allows it to be a touch wobbly, but since it was literally clogging up entirely every couple of hours, this is preferable.

Might try modding one of the uppers by cutting a slot down the side of it. There's not really a state where there is too much airflow IMO. A 306 that's not connected to anything has fine airflow to me. ;)

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
What is the best 306 atty you guys think? I just ordered a black anodized DCA and I need to buy some 306 style attys. I only have 510. What is the best one out there for flavor and vapor production?

The ones GoodSenseVapors carry are good....the MA306, and AvidVapor also has a superior 306. BUT if you really want the best, head over to IkenVape Store
and grab an i06. They wont fit your DCA, but GSV is going to build one that will.

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com

I use my DCA 306 with Bobba's and Gorilla Juice all day long. How many drops do you put in at a time? I do a short dry burn once a night but that is it. What 306 attys are you using?

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I've used several different attys... joye, cisco, & whatever the no-name madvapes ones are. I add 7 drops to prime, and then generally 4 as needed. I've taken to rinsing it out 2-3 times a day, now, though, as the airflow definitely reduces over a short amount of time. Boba's does this to 510s to some extent, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread