• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DCT Shipment. Will kena?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augmented7

Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Woodlands
Btw, just reread yr post. I'm confused. U're thinking of buying dual coil tanks or atties...?

If u're buying just a tank w/o cartos, it's quite safe.

If u're buying tanks w/cartos, gd luck!

If u're buying atties, gdbye!

Hey, I'm still a less than 2 month old newbie, so if I'm asking a stupid question please just whack me upside the head.

How do you define atos, cartos, and tanks? And why would it be safe to bring in cartos but not atos? Aren't cartos just a combination of an ato and a tank?

JIMP-er46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
LCMM
Hey, I'm still a less than 2 month old newbie, so if I'm asking a stupid question please just whack me upside the head.

How do you define atos, cartos, and tanks? And why would it be safe to bring in cartos but not atos? Aren't cartos just a combination of an ato and a tank?

An atty is a juice delivery sys with a mesh bridge in it & usually used for dripping or w/cartridge. Doesn't hold much liqs.

A carto is a juice delivery sys with heating wire(s) / wire and wick & holds more liqs than an atty.

A tank is a juice delivery sys w/carto and holds e most liqs as compared to e others mentioned above.

U shld hv stated clearly and not be offended. Quick-fix: vape yr fav e-liq and read up on ECF, esp e stickied threads in e main page.

There's a high likelihood tt an atty will smhow make it's way to e you-know-who as they hv recognized e use of an atty for PVs. There's also a high chance tt cartos (if ordered in bulk) gets stuck in customs as u can't explain metal tubes w/heating coils.

But then again, there's always this miniscule chance tt u might just get lucky. Pray tell if u're gonna order smtg w/o researching and then get really kan cheong once THAT letter comes to u. It happened to most of us here wen we fiest started. Just dun wanna make u go thru tt horrendous episode.

And true, what Rakkimaru said. If e stuff tt u're planning to get is available locally, u hv tt option to nt get burnt.

Muramasa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011

simply,

ato (atty) - heating element. used with dripping directly or used with a cartridge containing filler 'sponge' to hold ur juice.
carto - heating element with filler 'sponge' built into 1 (i.e. atty + cart). (carto is cartomiser. dun confuse with cartridge or carts for short)
tank - CONTAINER that holds more juice. requires to have atty or carto in it to use. tank expands juice capacity basically.

dripping - a way to vape by dripping juice directly onto heating element thus producing better flavor n vapor but more hassle. dripping into a carto is known as filling or refilling. NOT dripping.

dripping hassle - each atty can hold max of 6 - 8 drops only. allowing abt 10puffs thereabout. once u have burnt taste, re-drip to continue. carto holds more juice allowing longer vape session.

Augmented7

Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Woodlands
If registered mail then gd luck..

Mail from HealthScienceAuthority

So is that the best and only information you can offer?

I would argue that cartos do not resemble a smoking product as they basically do nothing on their own, contain no tobacco (or tobacco like product) and won't even work without the rest of the pieces (like battery and juice). What do you reckon their response would be? And what should I expect in that mysterious letter (that no one will elaborate on).

People say should ask first... but i can't seem to get a straight answer anyway. People say should read up first... but I can't find any useful information here in the free area (and I can't seem to get accepted to the private area either).

Let's say the HSA does come after me... What might they do? Search my house?? I think I could say that according to the Customs Facebook page (3rd paragraph from the bottom), it's not an offense to use an e-cigarette. But then if they ask "where did you get your battery?" I mean, the real answer is... I got it in Singapore wat?!? (I never import). Any advice on how to answer?

I'd just like to add that you guys are not really that helpful with all the 'read-up first', 'good luck', and 'byebye' responses.

Cheers:(

sixfiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Christmas Island
the thing is, all of us here are cautious for obvious. we don't know who you are too. and if we give out certain information, to the wrong guys then aren't we shooting ourselves in the foot? maybe i'm over paranoid, but i think have 5000 good reasons to be. i think the rest of us feel the same way too. its just plain scary.

anyway i feel that i have given you a pretty good hint about shipping and getting your cartos. i myself have not received any letter, and i sure as hell hope you don't get one.

i'm not some old experienced member but i managed to get information and speculated on the risks by reading the strange and mysterious replies here (yes i read those weird threads and replies that seem not to make sense, i got my fair share of well wishes too). i'm sorry if this is tough for you but it is also tough on us to be direct. i also managed to get some info by PM because some stuff is just better not said here.

no sarcasm here, good luck with your purchase. i also prayed hard for mine to be safe. yep and being a noob myself, i'm not out to whack anyone cause i know how weird this place can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread