The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

De-Knurled and Polished AGA-T

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by Bad_Habit, Nov 18, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lentulusbatiatus

Lentulusbatiatus Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2012
    Wakefield
    looks great, they are really good atty's with a bit of work.

2. Arvidx

Arvidx Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

One thing I wanted to add in here that I am sure I recall mentioned on this thread earlier, the post threading that is used to tighten the center post into the top AND the bottom is a 510 thread... when doing mine I just grabbed an old 510 carto, screwed in the bottom and chucked the carto, then did the same to the top. When I was up to my top grit (320 here too) I screwed on the top cap onto the top section and spun it to make the finishes match. Just a tip to make the chucking easier and guarantee it's square, for those needing an easy connection.

3. Arvidx

Arvidx Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I know this is ages late, but I looked at Ace and couldn't find any... they did however have M3 Stainless steel screws with a nice fat head, that became thumb screws after 60 seconds and a dremel cutting wheel...

IMG_0615.jpg

4. XfooYen

XfooYen Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2012
    SoCal
    Well that thar's usin' yer noggin.

5. SO69

SO69 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Athens - GREECE
  6. Thompson

Thompson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    North of NorCal
    Looks like nice modification there bud, bit to technical for myself (or that's what I keep thinking).

Did sand down my aga-t cap last night so it's air hole would align properly.

Faxed in on the Mojo Wire

7. Xcigs

Xcigs Full Member Verified Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Illinois
    I'm a Streetrodder, there is a lot I mean a lot of billet aluminum on a custom, wheels, valve covers, Streering wheel, door handles, cranks, engine parts, pumps, on and on and on. I simply took a micro finer polishing cloth a can of Meguiars Hot Rims and a few minutes buffing and I had a mirror finish. Simple. I also use Chrome Polish on my PVs including the black chrome and the gold. The only exception I ,made was to my MVP which I purchased a wrap for called Black Mamba, wicked cool, I ask the vendor for a little extra and wrapped a couple of ViVis to match, makes a very handsome rig. Really a beautiful job removing that knurling, very well done. Mine came that way so the polish was enough. I also spent a few minutes in a hardware store and bought all new metric hardware screws,nuts washers all anodized black and put a number 2 hex wrench and a sharp pin ( made from born trussing pins ) and a very small phillps on a ring I carry as tools. Now, if I could only roll a constant wick and coil I'd be happy.

8. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
  9. Aizerson

Aizerson Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    Land for the Kiasu's
    where can i buy the aga t with knurled and screw on caps.?

10. dsy5

dsy5 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    New York
    Since they are not made that way anymore, either a vendor that has some old stock or the classifieds.

11. Nitrobex

Nitrobex Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2012
    Martinsburg WV
    Liberty flights had about 80 left last I looked. The are a little spendy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.