De-Knurled and Polished AGA-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
One thing I wanted to add in here that I am sure I recall mentioned on this thread earlier, the post threading that is used to tighten the center post into the top AND the bottom is a 510 thread... when doing mine I just grabbed an old 510 carto, screwed in the bottom and chucked the carto, then did the same to the top. When I was up to my top grit (320 here too) I screwed on the top cap onto the top section and spun it to make the finishes match. Just a tip to make the chucking easier and guarantee it's square, for those needing an easy connection.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Does anybody know if Ace Hardware would carry some thumb screws that would work? I'm thinking about popping down there and checking but have to dig out my car.

I know this is ages late, but I looked at Ace and couldn't find any... they did however have M3 Stainless steel screws with a nice fat head, that became thumb screws after 60 seconds and a dremel cutting wheel...

IMG_0615.jpg

Xcigs

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Illinois
I'm a Streetrodder, there is a lot I mean a lot of billet aluminum on a custom, wheels, valve covers, Streering wheel, door handles, cranks, engine parts, pumps, on and on and on. I simply took a micro finer polishing cloth a can of Meguiars Hot Rims and a few minutes buffing and I had a mirror finish. Simple. I also use Chrome Polish on my PVs including the black chrome and the gold. The only exception I ,made was to my MVP which I purchased a wrap for called Black Mamba, wicked cool, I ask the vendor for a little extra and wrapped a couple of ViVis to match, makes a very handsome rig. Really a beautiful job removing that knurling, very well done. Mine came that way so the polish was enough. I also spent a few minutes in a hardware store and bought all new metric hardware screws,nuts washers all anodized black and put a number 2 hex wrench and a sharp pin ( made from born trussing pins ) and a very small phillps on a ring I carry as tools. Now, if I could only roll a constant wick and coil I'd be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread