Debunking the Most Recent ECF Conspiracy Theory ( PMs )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Nice to see you too Katya.. :wub:

And just for a little dead horse beating.. I can guarentee mods and standard admins dont have the ability to read through member's PMs.... but then again.. this wouldn't be a topic I would bring up... because people are going to believe what they want to believe... and if its an issue everyone is grown up enough to "protect" themselves on any case..

LGD

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Kent C to help you out.. and I hope this is still an official answer even though I am not official anymore

The best way to see who is ECF staff (I know there is another way, but this is the way I like :) ) is to go to the "new members sub-forum" and look at the moderators listed there... All ECF staff has mod authority there, and noone else does..

Social Group Mods.. have the authority over their social group, but not ECF.. so they are not ECF staff (unless there are still ECF staff that care for a Social Group)

Each Vendor that has a sub-forum has control over their sub-forum.. and has right over how it is handled (within ECF guidelines that is) ECF staff stay out of it unless it is an ECF violation.

Hope that helps

Katya.. I am not sure who you have an issue with (dont need to know) but if it is with a green or teal.. address the issue with one of the Admins (not oldsoldier directly) if that doesn't resolve it.. you could then go to Old soldier... but mostlikely the admin would bring it to him anyway.

If it is an issue with OS then send it to Roly...

Hope that helps....

LGD

LGD - good to see you! Appreciate the info. And while I know some of that, my concern was more along the lines of how people who don't have as much knowledge of the workings - how they view the term 'Moderator' and what effect it might have on them, and if something 'untoward' was said to them, how that reflects on ECF. And the position it puts that person wrt 'reporting' and not violating the 'can't criticize a Moderator' rule. I could tell you my experience with that one, but then I'd be breaking the rule :facepalm: But you already know that too. :D

And no one has really answered Katya's question as to whether the rules apply to ECF staff.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I managed a forum for years... I could read members' PMs if I wanted, but had far too much to do to be bothered with it. I used the ability twice. Once in a case of bullying, and once when it was brought to my attention that a member was sending messages of a sexual nature to an underage member.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
LGD - good to see you! Appreciate the info. And while I know some of that, my concern was more along the lines of how people who don't have as much knowledge of the workings - how they view the term 'Moderator' and what effect it might have on them, and if something 'untoward' was said to them, how that reflects on ECF. And the position it puts that person wrt 'reporting' and not violating the 'can't criticize a Moderator' rule. I could tell you my experience with that one, but then I'd be breaking the rule :facepalm: But you already know that too. :D

And no one has really answered Katya's question as to whether the rules apply to ECF staff.

Well as Spaky has said and Katya linked.. yes it applies to staff as well (or at least should).... as far as your other situation that you brought up,,,, well I could have answered that easily when I was in the "Red" Group, but I will leave that alone since I try not make comments that I can:t back.

I can say this though.. that you did bring it up.. and if by any chance that you don:t get a direct answer, to let it lay with the Idea that at least it is on the record.. because I am sure it is/will be discussed amongst the staff... with an outcome that I (again) cant comment on for the position, or the lack there of, that I am in.

PS its nice to see you guys still posting around...

LGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread