Deciding between Riva and Echo starter kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerzeronic

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Colorado
I don't smoke all day long although I get through a pack a day. Basically, what would be best for me to take to work without dragging a box of supplies along with me? I'm aiming to get off nicotine eventually.

The Riva seems to have a lot of potential options but the Echo seems simpler to use and may last (bat and carto) all day long.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
They are both excellent pvs. I have and use both (although I have an echo-e).

I'm not a voltage freak, but I think my echo-e is slightly higher voltage (4.2). I don't know about the echo. I believe the echo is a KR808.

Both come with big batteries. Both a great choice. There is a big Echo thread around here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: I happen to like the smoketek 1.7 cartos and boge 2.0 cartos which are 510. You could get an adaptor if you wanted to use them on the Echo

Gingerzeronic

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Colorado
They are both excellent pvs. I have and use both (although I have an echo-e).

I'm not a voltage freak, but I think my echo-e is slightly higher voltage (4.2). I don't know about the echo. I believe the echo is a KR808.

Both come with big batteries. Both a great choice. There is a big Echo thread around here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: I happen to like the smoketek 1.7 cartos and boge 2.0 cartos which are 510. You could get an adaptor if you wanted to use them on the Echo

This is exactly the kind of advice that I need. What kind of adapter would I need if I went with the Echo? If you were trying to decide between the two for using at work (very limited vaping time) and you planned to just use one kind of juice all day long, which would you choose? Do the batteries hold a similar charge? I'd rather not fiddle with batteries at work.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Both the Riva and Echo are great batteries. It just depends on whether you want manual batteries or automatic. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I have both a Kgo which is similar to a Riva in many ways and the Echo. I like to use the Kgo at home when I can be more hands on and the echo on the go and at work for fiddle free, hands free vaping.
An adaper is simple. 510to 808 adapter lets put 510 battery on 808 carts. 808 to 510 lets you put 808 batteries on 510 carts. It always goes battery to cart when you see them listed. The battery connection always comes first.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
My echo-e battery is 1300 mah and lasts all day. I also have a Riva battery that's a 1100 mah battery that lasts all day too.

The echo cartomizers are really big, they hold like 3-4 ml of juice. I don't really need a carto that holds that much juice and I think because they're so big, the draw is a little tight. I found this with the ego megal dual coil cartomizers too. I use the smoktek cartos that hold about 2 mls of juice.

I can't really point you to where I got mine because I got my kit from a member here, Bill that became a supplier and he's ill and isn't selling anymore. But I really like the echo-e batteries better than any batteries I own.

Here's the echo thread.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/189567-echo-thread.html

I would check there about the adaptor or where to get a kit. Good Prophets and Mad Vapes sell adaptors but I'm not sure of which adaptor you would use.

There is also the KGO. That has a big battery as well. BreezeSmokes has the KGO. Sweet-Vapes (use the dash) has a good deal of 1100 mah battery Riva kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread