Dense Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfisher

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2013
Springfield, Ohio, USA
Is it possible to achieve really dense vapor (as opposed to billowy)? I'm not interested in blowing big clouds, but I am interested in making the vapor as dense as possible (so that I can feel it in my mouth and as it travels down my throat).

I have a Vicious Ant Cyclone arriving today and a Boost Labs Izi arriving tomorrow. Hopefully one of these two setups will support what I'm looking for.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
VG, airflow, and wicking. I'm not a cloud chaser either, per se. But as an ex pipe and cigar smoker, I like a full bodied vape.
Generally, you will produce denser vapor with higher VG content juice. I DIY all mine with at least 75%VG/25%PG. Many will go even higher. True 'cloud chasers' will vape 100% VG.
The problem is, higher VG content requires wicking that will keep up. VG doesn't wick as well as PG. The choice of wicking material is a matter of opinion. Rayon is quite popular, these days. It holds a lot of juice, and wicks pretty well. Personally, I prefer cotton; usually either KGD Japanese cotton, or Cotton Bacon.
But whichever you decide you prefer, wicking technique is important; and the techniques for cotton vs rayon are different. There are many YouTube videos showing instructions for both.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
You won't feel dense vapor as a throat hit. Quote the opposite, the more dense the vapor, the smoother it will feel. To get dense vapor you need a very high VG juice, and the result is an almost soothing smooth direct to lung hit.

If you're wanting a stronger lung hit there are several ways to achieve it. You can either go the opposite direction and increase the PG level of your juice. This will result in a thinner looking vapor, but a stronger throat hit. You can increase your nicotine level which will give you a stronger, more spicy throat hit, but you may make yourself nic-sick. Or you can use a flavoring that provides a lung hit such as a menthol, cinnamon, or strong mint. A strong peppermint will give you a good throat hit even with max VG juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread