• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Did everybody relapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feuille

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Yeah, I am being very careful. Luckily I'd have to make a lot of effort to use at the moment, so that's keeping me going. Avoiding thinking it through because at the moment it is leading to rationalisation to use rather than the other way round. In my experience using wasn't worse or better than the years of sobriety before or the sobriety since, it was just different. Kinda drifted into stopping and decided to stick with it because it is generally accepted that addiction is unhealthy and that the pursuit of unhealthy things reduces the chance of achieving desirable outcomes in life.

Which puts me in a rather dangerous spot.

Glad to report the euphoric recall has abated for the past few days though, as have some other alarming self-destructive urges, so thank you both for the support.

How are you both doing today?

Xx
Xxx

Feuille

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Welcome Joe. I'm Feuille.

That's great you are so involved Randy.

Went to group the other day and remembered (how could I forget) that my primary addiction is self-destruction, which explains why I was struggling the other week. Feeling a lot better after this realisation/clarification in my head. :D

Not as clear how long I have been clean for now though as I have been allowing myself to think in self-destructive ways, but it's just over six months clean of substances. :D

How is everybody doing today?

Xx

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Hello all. :)
Bullette the drunk Cowdog checking in here. Just got back from a meeting a few hours ago.
Oh... And WAY TO GO. Foxman!! Keep coming back. LOL
Anyway great meeting tonight. We gave out 2 90-day chips tonight. Wow. Warms my heart. Yay!
So Howz it going?
I'm gonna subscribe to this thread. So I'll be back.
Bye for now
Bullette says woof.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Welcome Bullett. Glad you found us.Just got back from a spealer meeting myself.
Glad to see an oldtimer still attending meetings. It really means a lot to the newcomers. I did some service work today. Along with some others from our group, we helped a member move. Several pickup trucks involved. Member's mom said "I can't get over all of you people helping. ". I just looked at her & said "that's what we do. ". :)
It made me feel really good to do it. Feeling good about myself helps to keep me sober.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread