Difference in new SS cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemiss

Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
Hey all,
I bought my SS about a year and a half ago from a local smoke shop. I just got through my original batch of cartos and so went to the SS website, got some new hendu cartos and a Pitbull battery (so pretty!).

These new cartos seem to be sooo different from the ones I got a while ago. Seems like the air holes line up better with the ridges in the battery - giving a much more airy draw. Even if I cover the holes with my fingers, I can't seem to get the vapor production that my old ones will give me. I've confirmed it's the new cartos and not the new battery since the carto is still airy on the old batteries. Also, I'm getting a metallic flavor from the first carto in my 5 pack, could just be a fluke though - popped open a second one and am hoping it won't give me the same flavor over time.. maybe these new ones start to taste metallic when they run dry?

Is there any way I can get my hands on cartos like the first batch I got? Is it because I bought the steel cartos and not the white ones that it's so different?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Update: The new carto (#2) that I just opened up a couple hours ago is starting to taste metallic now too..
No e-juice, no covering air holes with my fingers.
Did I get a bad batch???

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I don't know. THere is more here than I can address in one post.....If you bought your SmokeStik a year and a half ago I am confused by you saying you are just now finishing your first batch of cartos??? So you must have been refilling them all this time.....if you are now trying to compare the flavor of an out of the box prefilled carto to that.....that might be an issue right there. ALso....yes....after this long our supplier and recipe is completely different than it was in 2009. As well as yes.....the metal of the Steel cartos can be detectable to some people.....especially after a few hours.....the acid from your saliva can reacte with the metal and give it an off flavor some people do notice.(read...putting a penny in your mouth) I would not say this anywhere else...but since it is ECF and I already know your refilling.....have you tried a driptip? THis solves the issue entirely.

So did you get a bad batch....I don't know.....sorry. You are welcome to call and talk to me or Steve anytime.

alchemiss

Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
Thanks a lot for your reply, Lori. My cartos are just old, I tried e-cigs in 2009 and didn't take to them so didn't really use my SS much until the last few months (and I bought a lot of cartos to begin with). I tried putting tape over the metal to see if that helped, but it didn't do the trick.. I'll try one more from my 5-pack and if I still have an issue I'll give you a call. Would I use the (877) 964-7800 ext. 400 number?

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Yes.....that IS the number....ext 400. If the last time you tried was 2009.....our cartos are different now.....better. I personally like the flavor much better. And we also have the full range of Menthol nicotine strengths as well....Low,Med and High....woohoo! The Low and High Menthol are only in black for now......

Last edited:

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
Oi, I seem to have that karma for accidently causing issues :S

I'm going to order some SS cartos and a new battery for my birthday this month :) My daughters prefer the scent of Smokestik menthol over all other flavors I've tried. The old menthol used to seriously ice my throat, but the newer one has a honey-tobacco-ish tinge undertone to the menthol. It's unique and very nice. If you experiment with various tobacco flavors, you will find that none taste just like a lit cigarette so if you can get a tobacco undertone to another flavor you enjoy it can satisfy missing tobacco; well it works for me :) Before SS menthol I was sniffing my husband's cigarette packs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread