Why doesn't SmokeStik lower the resisitance on their cartomizers????? (tweet tweet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Ok.....I'm sorry I can not tell you the brand name.....but I recently purchased a pretty darn good LR 4081 blank cartomizer from a very fine vendor. I filled said cartomizer with authentic SmokeStik liquid by canabilizing a few SmokeStik cartos and squeezing (Susie????? spelling please?) the liquid out of the batting into the blank. I then proceeded to attach the carto to a almost new PitBull battery. And ya know what happened?

Right.....the charge life on that battery was cut down by at least 30%....probably more. No I didn't do a "puff count"....but please....I AM an expert. hehe

The ohm reading on this carto is 2.5 The ohm reading on a stock SmokeStik carto is about 3.5

My boss is a very smart guy. He is also an engineer. He designed the SmokeStik system to work perfectly for the market we are primarily selling to. And that is people who want an authentic cigarette like experience with NO fiddling around. It might shock you here at ECF to know that almost ALL of my customers shudder at the thought of having to handle liquid, fill cartos.....or even push a button to get a hit!

Does this make SmokeStik users less intelligent....less important.....less anything than you mod junkies who would be happy to wire a Remington 870 to a car battery? NO NO NO
It just makes them a different market that's all.

Myself and the SmokeStik company have always said....there is no perfect ecig.....we all need to find what works for us. THE goal is to stop using tobacco....whatever that takes. So please....cut my customers some slack in the newbie thread will ya'll please. :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
actually I cant stand it......I was given a beautiful mod as a gift......I purchased batteries to make it 6V and got MODERATE cartos......2.5ohms....and BLECK! talk about burning...no thanks......I really dont see the appeal.

what surprises me is where's Katya....I thought for sure she would chime in and let us know exactly what the appeal of this is?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
All right, I tried to stay out of it... but I've been asked to contribute, so here's what I think...

First, I agree 100% with the following statement:

there is no perfect ecig.....we all need to find what works for us. THE goal is to stop using tobacco....whatever that takes.

What works for me is a smallish battery, anything from supermini (like SmokeStik) up to a 650 mAh eGo or Riva. I don't want anything bigger or fatter or box-shaped. I don't want to vape a muffler, either. I love minis and superminis because they feel like real cigarettes in my hand and I find that oddly comforting... Those batteries are either 3.7v (like kr808 batteries or the new Rivas), 3.6v regulated (like SmokeStik and similar minis) or 3.2-3.3v (the eGos).

Now, to get the most out a battery, one needs a cartomizer (or an atomizer) of appropriate resistance. It's all about Wattage, as we all here know. To most people, including me, the sweet spot can be found somewhere between 4.5-6.5 Watts. At that Wattage, the eliquid gets properly vaporized, the battery life is not sacrificed, and the warmth of the vapor produced, and the flavor of most ejuices, seem to be ideal--and, of course, the risks of burning the filler or juice or popping an atomizer coil are kept to a minimum.

There are other vapers who, for some reason, require, or think that they do, much more heat and oomph from their PV. I've heard of users vaping as high as 12 Watts. This, to me, is insanity, but again, this is just my opinion and my preference.

Let's do some math using the examples Lori provided. [Watts = Voltage squared divided by Resistance.]

Example 1: 2.5Ω atty on a 3.6v battery will generate 5.2 Watts (1.44 Amps). Thats my sweet (and safe) spot.

Example 2: 3.5Ω atty on 3.6v = 3.7 Watts (1 Amp). In this case, the wattage is not high enough for my liking, but the battery life is extended and the risk of burning anything is close to zero.

Example 3: 2.5Ω carto on 6v = 14 Watts and 2.4 Amps, which is sheer madness! The battery life is cut in half and the heat (power) generated by this setup will fry any carto filler and pop the coil of many atomizers in no time flat! It will also burn the juice!!!!! And alter its flavor.

There is a happy place for every vaper. What matters to me the most is the right temperature of my vapor, the right amount of vapor, minimal risk of burning the filler, and then the battery life. In that order. I'll gladly sacrifice 30% of the longevity of my battery in order to achieve at least 4.5 Watts of power.

I've been vaping for a long time and it took me awhile to figure it out, but I finally did.

As always, YMMV! :)

As Lori said: whatever keeps you off cigarettes is good.

Happy Labor Day, my SmokeStik Friends!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread