different taste from different mods? (same tank,juice,watts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently bought sigeli 30w (mainly for a pocket mod)and seem to get a better vape than I do from my house mod(kamry 180)even though im using same tank,juice,watts ect.
is it just the feel of the mod making me think its a better vape or is it realy a better vape?what im trying to ask is does anybody with various mods get a better vape from one mod to the next?

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Hubby has a Sigelei and is always saying "here taste this" LOL He has a Kanger subohm mini on it.

Once I had a Kanger subohm mini on my istick 50w, and we both had the same juice, but his did taste a little better. I don't know that we were both running the same wattage, but we each typically run about 22-25w.

He keeps wanting to buy me a Sigelei, but I love my istick. Maybe I should reconsider.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
"Better vape" is a very subjective term. Does this mean more flavor, more vapor, airier, tighter, "smoother", etc?

I'm not familiar with the two mods you use. However, the way that a power regulated vaporizer (mod) delivers power to the coil can often allow for some subtle differences in vape quality experience.

A year ago a popular debate on these forums was whether the Provari (a popular regulated mod) actually delivered a "smoother" vaping experience (as witnessed by many of its owners) because of its superior voltage regulation, over the cheaper Chinese-made mods which used a different means of supplying power to the coil (pulse width modulation). The cheaper mods used 33.3 Hz (the "rattlesnake effect") while the Provari used 800 Hz. So, a better "chip" may allow for a better vaping experience.

Why Mods that Use the Cheap 33.3 Hz Chip don't Vape the Same as a Provari, DNA-20, etc

Provari on an Oscope vs Vamo

Why Provari?

As a multiple Provari owner (as well as some cheaper mods that use the 33.3 Hz chip), I attest to the smoother vape of the Provari. The "rattlesnake" mods are gathering dust in a drawer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread