Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I would count it as good as the V1, which to me has been no.1 for flavor since it came out, IMO I rate flavor best to last as Ares, Siren V1, Berserker, Siren v2, Hussar.

Right now, my perfect tank, would be the Ares tank with the top fill of the Siren V2, as do love how simple and easy the top fill is on the Siren V2, the top fill on the Ares is a let down , as it seeps from it, if it wasn't for that, it would be King :)

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
    Adrian MI
    Well I have been doing some more experimenting with the siren. I discovered that using cotton solved some of the issues with the leaking and weeping. You also have to really pay attention and make sure the wick is no where near the air intake. It still floods from time to time after refilling it though. It also doesn't seem to wick all that well either. I still get a burnt tastes every now and now and then if I chain vape it.

Today I finally got my order from fasttech. I got the hurricane and skyline clones. The siren doesn't hold a candle to either of them lol. Even for 20 dollar clones the build quality is better. And they are easier to build. Nailed the builds on both of them right of the gate, which is what I am used to. No fiddling or playing with the wicking and no learning curve beyond what you need to know for pretty much any other tank. No leaks, flooding or weeping. Dry as bones. And the flavor is much better on both of them as well. I can also get a much tighter draw on them, more like I expect for a mouth to lung tank. Then again the original models of these tanks cost 5 to 10 times what the siren did.

Looks like the siren will be getting cleaned up and put back in the box and kept for a back up tank. Or maybe I will give it to someone that wants to fiddle with it. Not horrible tank once you figure it out, but not as good as my two new ones.

Thanks to everyone that helped me and offered advice. If you like the tank more power to you. Everyones vaping tastes are subjective. This one just wasn't for me I guess.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I hear everything that you have said Paul. I don't know how long you have had your Siren V1, or how long you have been building on it, but let me suggest that every once in a while you pull that Siren back out and try it again. I have been using either a 22mm or 25mm Siren V1 each and every day since Jan. 23rd of 2016 and just recently "Found the Touch" with wicking this thing, and it puts everything else that I have in the back seat. Once you get the hang of the wicking, this thing really puts out the flavor, and no dry hits or burned taste at all. Just keep at it Paul.:thumb:

BTW, I do realize that the Siren V1 is not an easy RTA to get along with, as all of us here have had our little struggles with it.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    In keeping with my totally random experiences with the V1, I've been running my normal two now for at least two months, not a fargin' drop of wet. Not even at the connector.

Tasting great, as always, but for the first time, neither has even the slightest hint of seepage (JINX!). I still won't risk using them as out-mods though. No, no, no - "No out for YOU!" :lol:

Ideas, I have none. I just vape 'em. :vapor:

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    That's strange DPL, but Good all the same. I won't even hazard to guess why.:lol::lol: Call me "silly", but I have one 22mm that is on my HΩ G2 that I have taken out a few times over the last several months and it has acted very civil indeed. I think it might have something to do with proper training, but not sure yet.;)

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    That's strange DPL, but Good all the same. I won't even hazard to guess why.:lol::lol:

I-dunno.jpg

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I'm sorry to ask this, but I think I might have missed any comparisons between the Siren V1 and V2. Anybody try the 2, and what did you think (I'm really interested in the flavor comparison mostly) ??

Hi 52, the V1 has a tighter more defined flavor and the V2 is more open and all over the place, I really wish they kept the air diffuser from V1 because I think that it made a difference. The V2 has a lot of improvements but went backwards on the flavor department.

I agree, I really like the new V2 with the improvements, great to have no seepage/leaking issues, and really like the top fill, but do not think the flavor is as good as the V1 and believe it is down to the diffuser, they used it on the Ares, and I think the Ares tops the Siren V2 on flavor too.

I would count it as good as the V1, which to me has been no.1 for flavor since it came out, IMO I rate flavor best to last as Ares, Siren V1, Berserker, Siren v2, Hussar.

Right now, my perfect tank, would be the Ares tank with the top fill of the Siren V2, as do love how simple and easy the top fill is on the Siren V2, the top fill on the Ares is a let down , as it seeps from it, if it wasn't for that, it would be King :)

I find it truly amusing that this is the discussion du jour, especially in light of this vid that DPL sent me:

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I find it truly amusing that this is the discussion du jour, especially in light of this vid that DPL sent me:

Normally like his video's, but his info is nearly all wrong in this video, Siren V1 is one of the best flavor MTL tanks, I really believe he is only bashing the Ares, because he is pushing the Siren V2 he promoted so much, I do think the Siren V2 is a good tank, but the flavor is not as good as the Siren V1 or the Ares.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Normally like his video's, but his info is nearly all wrong in this video, Siren V1 is one of the best flavor MTL tanks, I really believe he is only bashing the Ares, because he is pushing the Siren V2 he promoted so much, I do think the Siren V2 is a good tank, but the flavor is not as good as the Siren V1 or the Ares.
    I agree and if you watch his video on the Siren V2 he makes it sound like he saved the tank by fixing the airflow before it was released. I wish he would have stayed out of it because it was his idea to change the air flow and I think that's what killed the flavor on the V2. I still think the V1 is great and use them daily along with the great SXK Doggy Style, and Coppervape Skyline , those 3 are my favorites.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Yes Nailz, I concur. I have always liked his video's too, but now I just can't trust his opinion like I did before. Sad.

Edit; We posted together bob. I didn't know about the air flow of the V2, and that Vic was instrumental in it. Makes more sense now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread