DinosaurVapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Hey Einstein....I was editing typos. I had no idea I had a response right after I hit enter. But that is neither here nor there, the topic is the website and fraud. Further more, speaking of the website, I only know of one Dinosaur Vapor - Home. If you go to the website, it has a "contact us" button. Which gives you his cell phone number. This is how orders are still being placed(including my own). For all those on this thread that have actually lost money to this guy.......... I just got off the phone with moneygram and they verified my money order had been cashed. Next call is to his local police department. If you have been scammed by this guy, I suggest you call them as well so they can see this is not an isolated crime.

shakingheadck8.gif

Well "Einstein" (funny "insult" btw when coming from someone who took 10-15 mins to edit typos in a short post)....

If you had taken a minute to actually pay attention to what you were reading you would have seen that the website that was being referred to in the thread, as far as not being taken down by the creator, was a different one than the one you "purchased" from as can be seen in the following quote....

Hey all, not defending Dinosaur in any way. But I can say I was working on his new site for free. Dinosaur Vapor and I do know he wanted to receive credit cards but I was having problems.......

So next time you should really try checking your facts before talking trash about someone. Not to mention I commented 5 minutes after your original post and you finished editing 7 minutes after that so you could have re-edited again but chose not to. So don't act like you were right to add in what you did. Try having a little respect for people who are trying to help others out, meaning lintz not myself, and make sure you have a clue before typing up a bunch of garbage.

Also, thanks for the new site address as I myself was unaware of that one which makes 3 sites he has up and 2 that are still accepting orders.

For those reading: (DO NOT ORDER FROM ANY OF THESE SITES)

http://www.vendio.com/stores/dinosaurvapor/ - still up and running and taking orders so avoid it.

Dinosaur Vapor - Home - still up but when I just tried adding to the cart and checking out through paypal it said they are unable to accept funds.

Dinosaur Vapor - up and running so that people can leave comments about their experiences to warn others. Ordering disabled.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Everyone has made their point. So let's keep the discussion on topic please......

;)

What's this Thyestean???? Hair on the back starting to rise? Happens to me once in a while, too. Still waiting on that virtual reality program so I can stop yelling at my monitor :).

lol .. not at all. but I can remember some times in the past where I would've enjoyed that program :D

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
For those reading: (DO NOT ORDER FROM ANY OF THESE SITES)

http://www.vendio.com/stores/dinosaurvapor/ - still up and running and taking orders so avoid it.

Dinosaur Vapor - Home - still up but when I just tried adding to the cart and checking out through paypal it said they are unable to accept funds.

Dinosaur Vapor - up and running so that people can leave comments about their experiences to warn others. Ordering disabled.

everyone who got ripped off can try to get his vendio account disabled by contacting Vendio https://secure.vendio.com/ecommerce/contact
and reporting his violation of section 2.1 of the Store Policy/User Agreement Vendio:User Agreement - Stores Policy .

Ellis

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Man do I have a mouthful for litte ol' Thyestean, but I will respect the mods advice. I am in full tilt boogie mood and ready for all takers. Anyway, for those of us who WERE ACTUALLY ripped off.......I made the rest of the phone calls today and we will see where it goes. Probably nowhere but its worth a shot. That is why I encourage anyone else who has been scammed to file a report(it needs to be reported locally also). Moneygram encouraged me to also report this scam to the F.B.I., which I am not going to do. Brandon was dumb to use his real name and address! Who does that? However, how many people are likely to go through all the red tape for a 15 or 30 dollar scam? By keeping his individual scams small he has made out like a bandit. If people were losing thousands per order I promise you he would be sitting in a jail at this very moment. The F.B.I., I would assume, would look at it the same way so I am not going to bother. They most often want big fish not small times hustlers. I once again called Brandon's voice mail after I found out that my money order had been cashed and let him know I was in the process of taking action. I also told him that I recently found out that many others had been scammed by his scheme and wanted there money back as well. Of course I never heard back from him via phone or e-mail. He knows it's not about the money anymore so he knew the gig was up. I am gettin ready to go to white pages to see if I can find a land line number for him. I will post with any updates if and when they come.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Lintz69 and i have spoken quite a few times, he has helped quite a few suppliers (i wont mention them but you can see them on his webpage) with getting a good site up and running. I have had nothing but great experiences with the guy, and know he is a helpful and well-meaning individual. I can also attest that i reviewed his sites-in-progress, even dinovapor far before this fiasco had started, and to my knowledge the site he made was never involved in any of this scam, it simply has the dinosaur vapor logo as he designed the site... for free might i add.

Upon reviewing this thread. i thought it appropriate to state this information.

- Joe (iVape)

lintz69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
Poconos, PA
Sorry all, I took the weekend off then had internet problems. Sigh. Love comcast (queue the sarcasm).

Anyways, first to Ellis, I did not create the site you are referring to. The site I created is Dinosaur Vapor and as someone else pointed out he also has one with vendio. So he apparently was using 3 sites to scam people. I feel bad that you have been taken advantage of. For all those who know me (and stuck up for me while I was away) know that I love this community and the people in it. And while I fought with my moral/ethical dilema as others pointed out MY site that I created does not allow you to order from him. And I (as I have multiple times in this thread) suggested people go to the site that I created and leave your feedback, and post your thoughts. But as to the other 2 sites, I am sorry I have no control over them at all to do anything.

As to his landline. If you goto a site called web hosting - Reliable $3.95/mo Hosting without Setup Fees. Domain Registration and dedicated ( vps ) servers. and in the top type in "dinosaurvapor.com" and hit search it lists his full name, his real email address, his full address, and a phone number (which may be his land line). This is all public knowledge. I hope that it helps you in some way Ellis.

FirHill, I posted the screenshots of the last spoken words. I posted on his facebook acount, and no sooner did I do that he responded in facebook email. And I posted the screenshot of that as well. Though I myself have not be taken in by him, I truly am trying to help you guys with continuiously contacting him. Unfortunately like most of you I get no response.

Joe - Thank you for your kind words. I would like to make just one correction. I did not design the logo. I designed the site, but he had someone else design his logo (not sure who) but just want to give credit where its due.

And to the mod: I am not sure if all suppliers are able to post to this thread (I see Kno has) but not sure if all can or not. But I know of another very popular supplier that was taken advantage of as well. If you wish to PM me I can disclose that info to a mod.

Ok, again, sorry for being away for the weekend, and again thank you to all of you who stood by my actions of trying to help you all.

Josh

lintz69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
Poconos, PA
Hey everyone,

I just got an email from Brandon. He wanted me to pass on the following email to you all:

"Hi josh-

I need you to do me a favor, since I cant contact the ECF site. I need you to find out for me everyone who still needs their order/refund or whatever. a lot of people have been refunded via paypal but i know there are still a couple that havent. I would appreciate it a lot.

Also, let people know that i didnt try to scam anyone. Scammers dont use their real information and accounts. Trust me, ive been scammed before and it sucks. this si not a scam, i am trying to work with everyone to get the matters resolved."

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
Litz, i think you are a SUPER nice guy...in fact I know you are! However, I think Brandon is playing on the fact that you want to see good in everyone.

I doubt he started the business with the intent to scam but the fact is that it did turn into one. He has been given chance after chance to make things right but has not. It appears now that he is in some sort of trouble and is trying to weasel his way out. If he ever had any intentions of repayment, he would have kept name/address of the people he owed. Since he is asking for that information it is clear that he was intentionally scamming. I hope the people that were scammed by him will not let him off the hook. Brandon deserves to be severely punished.

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
Btw, i would like to mention why I am interested in this situation. The day I joined the forums he messaged me offering to sell a 510 kit and some juice. He also asked me to not report him because it was against ECF policy to solicited products through the forums. I did not make a purchase and he messaged me two more times, even lowering his prices. I got a bad feeling about it and did not make a purchase.

The fact is, I feel somewhat responsible for those of you that got scammed. If I had reported him in November like I should have, it would have prevented lots of people from losing their money. I did in fact report him later but it was too late. Looking back, I feel that he intentionally targeted new forum members because they do not know the rules for suppliers and also because a new member would not want to start making issues the first day they joined. I doubt he would have solicited long time members.

I truly hope that new members that read this will see that ECF's policy is for a reason, to protect us! Dont be shy or afraid to report someone that is breaking the rules. I am truly sorry to all of you that I didnt take action sooner.

68stang

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
USA
Btw, i would like to mention why I am interested in this situation. The day I joined the forums he messaged me offering to sell a 510 kit and some juice. He also asked me to not report him because it was against ECF policy to solicited products through the forums. I did not make a purchase and he messaged me two more times, even lowering his prices. I got a bad feeling about it and did not make a purchase.

The fact is, I feel somewhat responsible for those of you that got scammed. If I had reported him in November like I should have, it would have prevented lots of people from losing their money. I did in fact report him later but it was too late. Looking back, I feel that he intentionally targeted new forum members because they do not know the rules for suppliers and also because a new member would not want to start making issues the first day they joined. I doubt he would have solicited long time members.

I truly hope that new members that read this will see that ECF's policy is for a reason, to protect us! Dont be shy or afraid to report someone that is breaking the rules. I am truly sorry to all of you that I didnt take action sooner.

wow I had no idea..ok with that tidbit of information I hope he rotts! That sucks....Definetly shady behavior on his part sending private messages to new members like that.... *sad face*

lintz69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
Poconos, PA
Well, again, don't shoot the messenger :) I am just passing on his email. If he is true to his word(finally) and takes care of people on here great. If he doesn't, well sorry. But either way he sent me an email saying he was trying to make up to people so I just pass the information along. I have not done any business with him (other than make dinosaurvapor). So I cannot throw stones at him. Just relay your comments to him and his to yal.

But all in all, scammer or not, the site I made looks pretty ;)

Josh

lintz69 for Brandon Melton said:
Also, let people know that i didnt try to scam anyone. Scammers dont use their real information and accounts. Trust me, ive been scammed before and it sucks. this si not a scam, i am trying to work with everyone to get the matters resolved."

It was to a scam, but he got busted. Ask him why he told me he shipped my order but really didn't or tried to get me to pay him as a gift if it wasn't a scam. Now that the police are involved, he all the sudden wants to pay people back! Edit* I don't even know why I still post here. Im done with this matter. Im done posting in this thread.

Last edited:

lintz69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
Poconos, PA
For all those who it concerns, after further long consideration I have taken down dinosaurvapor.com It now forwards to google. I am writing brandon to let him know he can find someone else to host. I decided even if he is trying to make it right, now, it is evident he didn't try to make it right until his hands were forced. I do not want to be part of that.

I too am done with this thread and consider the matter on my part finished. Should anyone need me, please pm me.

Lintz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread