DinosaurVapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silence

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Hopkinsville, Ky
ok I left my testimonial over there. btw here are my payment details.

Merchant information
Brandon Melton
dinosaurvapor@gmail.com
Instructions to merchant
None provided
Shipping information
John T

Hopkinsville, KY
United States
Shipping method
Not specified
Description Unit price Qty Amount
5 510 Atomizers
Item #: 843752_10478831354102
Option: Black $32.99 USD 1 $32.99 USD
insurance: ----
Total: $32.99 USD
Receipt No: 3409-7189-3873-2755

Uncle Pennybags

ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: potentially libelous remarks

lintz69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
Poconos, PA
Ok, for what it's worth, he has been on and off facebook. S/he finally contacted me back. Said it was his gf and he's been in the hospital for a week and asked if she can pass along any information. I explained that it's odd that it's been a week in the hospital but he hasn't mailoed peoples stuff for over a month. Also he's been commenting on his own status about himself, and talking to friends as himself. Now it's not my place to outright call him a liar, maybe his gf has been acting like him. But it just seems odd that he's been posint as late as 2 days ago, yet been in the hospital for a week.

Sorry guys, it would appear that he has indeed ran off with your money. If anyone needs his contact info for facebook I can give it but doubt he'd add you as a friend since he seems to be conning people and lying even to me.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
This is good info to know especially from the 100th post winner... and I believe at the time he posted that he wasn't a "supplier" (but my memory could be off ;)) I am not going to defend or praise him, but I have been following his thread like the million others here... he seems like a good guy DV and I was going to purchase from him to help the kid out.

I do think that might be the issue he is a kid (20-info based on profile) and he might have just gotten in over his head with no intention to scam (I would like to hope so at least)

Its not an excuse just an observation. I truly hope everything gets smoothed out with all customers with issues.....

I would like to offer a piece of advice (at least what I do) the "new member turned supplier" are popping up all of the time and it is always best to pay attention to their interaction prior to the change over. Not saying a new supplier will be bad,,,, but it might be better to look into people that have spent time in the ecig consumer world prior to jumping into the business end of it.

If you didn't know there are tons of people asking about starting something here on ECF that just got there feet wet..... and though the idea sounds good some are just not prepared for the "mass publicity" that ECF can offer (i.e. member count) because just because one can start up a website (which he had problems at first) and get a product doesn't mean he has a clue on how to run a business.

if anyone remembers the short lived "vapestar"... will understand....

I am not trying to insult anyones intelligence, but it does pay to research

just my 1 cent worth... take it for what its worth

Good $0.01 Light

My $0.02 would have been far less kind with out doubt.
I did read Dino's posts when he hit ECF.

Oh my. :rolleyes:

Yes I am. I have a posting in the buying and selling for the suppliers. Feel free to send me a PM. It just bothers me when I spend so much time on a nice website and the person turns out to be a fraud. Sigh.

I remember that "contest" thread lgd and your memory isn't off ;)

I would like to echo the above advice too for others who may have skipped over posts when skimming through the thread.

I'd also like to add that it is very easy to check someones posting history on the forum and if you aren't sure about someone it doesn't hurt to ask around the forum either.

Personally, and hopefully nobody takes offense to this and takes it for what it is, but if I look at someones posting history and see that they have been here a very short time and that one of their early posts is something like:

1- Has anyone used the Walmart brand flavorings? they have the same ingredients as Loranns, someone posted on here abotu Walmart Carryign Loranns flavoring but I couldnt find any there...

2- Can flavorings be bought with food Stamps?

I definitely wouldn't be in a rush to order anything from them, most likely ever, but at the least not until they had established themselves a bit.

Sorry to see so many of you got ripped off. It really sucks having to read about things like this happening on here especially after all the nice things I've seen others do for each other in this community.

On a brighter note.....

I hadn't seen this thread until this morning but had seen other posts about him and this problem on the forum. And in the past week I have spoken to/ heard about people who ended up almost running out of supplies, because they spent the last of their e-cig budget on placing an order with him, and ended up receiving help from other vendors/people. Which is just another tribute to the aforementioned good things I've seen people do for each other in the e-cig community.

Guess that's one of those every cloud has a silver lining type deals ;)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
@Thyestean excellent spot....

Its a shame that this was brought to light after the fact....I really feel bad about this whole situation.... and now I might not restrain from being my opinionated self any more.... and yes I know its hard to believe but I do hold back at times on my posts :p

I truly believe what goes around comes around ... and I pray that in this case we all see it happen....

Wow, I was thinking about ordering from him a while ago, I like helping people when they are getting started. He seemed to care and be a good guy, at least his posts and website reflected that. Turns out his posts were lies and the website showed the site builder cared and seems like a good guy.

I dodged a bullet there, something turned me off on him, something seemed shady. One thing I saw was he was selling 510 starter kits but he only had one in stock...and it was in stock for two weeks. When it sold, he never got more. Not very supplierish. I feel bad for all those that gave him a try, he really took advantage of the good intentions of others.

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Belle, West Virginia, United States
Did not order from him but did notice that he popped a 510 atty and didn't have another so a member sent him one..... Thought it was wierd as a supplier he didn't have another atty he could get his hands on said something about waiting on an order from china weird....... IDK

lintz69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
Poconos, PA
Sorry all, been out of the loop for a few days. Just installed windows 7. So that meant installing all my programs, and settings, and wow..still not done. But had to pop in and see how things are going.

Thy: I laughed where he posted "Can you buy with foodstamps" lol, that is almost a clear sign someone isn't a supplier. And Shelbee: Same thing, if he is bumming parts of other people when he is a supplier something wrong. Like Bill gates asking to borrow your pc for a moment lol. For Ford asking chevy to borrow a car lol.

68: No he didn't pay for his site or hosting, but I didn't ask any of my new clients for money. See below.

MrPuff: I am a good guy :) or at least I try to be. see below:

To answer 68's question about free, and Mr. Puff's answer about being a good guy, and to agree with Thy about people being nice: I have been a member for over a year. But I quit Ecigs about 6-7 months ago when I moved. I am on disability and have troubles managing my money. So I have a person that takes my check and pays my bills and gives me an allowance. Problem was, I have X amount of dollars a week for cigs. I couldn't afford to buy an Ecig AND regular cigs. And if I ordered an ecig I'd have to go without normal cigs for a couple/few days which would be very very hard for me. So I asked in the classifieds if someone could help. I explained the above situation, and said what I am looking for is someone to send me an ecig/some juice. The following week I'll have my $40 analog money to pay them back as I'll have the Ecig. Well.... So many people replied willing to help, and I asked to pay them back and they said don't worry about it. It's "extra" stuff of theirs and they feel good just helping me out. And a few people even sent me stuff with no name or return address. Now, I hate to admit this part being a "big tuff guy" but I cried. Just knowing that there were people out there that would give and help without wanting anything in return. That touched me so much. Even now writing this my eyes are swelling up just remembering the kindness. Kindness I have never been shown. That is why I offered to do the websites free. Call it Karma, call it "paying it forward", whichever. Being on disability I can't do much. But I can do websites(depending on how my head is working). So that is why I haven't asked anyone for money. So he didn't pay, but he didn't need to. And that also shows, like thy said, there are a few bad people everywhere. But there are more good than bad here. And I thank(well I don't know who cuz I am not religious much, but you get the idea who I thank) that I found this forum a year ago, and am thankful to be honored to have such friends as I have found on here.

Josh

P.S. Sorry for such a long post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread