englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Hmmm - I just ordered #3 on the list :unsure:

I got some of those. I measured them and they were only a few millimeters longer than the AW. I measured it but can't exactly remember now. 2 or 3 mms. They work fine. I guess it's possible that they are putting extra stress on the board connection that could cause problems long term. It would be possible to grind a few mms off the top of the spring. The small extra length isn't enough to persuade me to go there though.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I just recently ordered a bunch of button tops from Orbtronics. They were still in stock the last time I checked.

I've had 7-8 years (40-50 batteries, or thereabouts) of excellent luck with them. They're re-wrapped Panasonics, as I understand it, but slightly smaller (in length) than the gray ones that are sometimes advertised. They grays gave my Provaris a tiny bit of issue, in that they were really compressing the springs down tight.

I ended up sticking with the Orbs instead, and that was back around mid 2012, I think.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I think I'd recommend the Ehpro Mod 101. Although it's not the easiest to use as it relies, like your Provari, on a single button for all the menus and firing, and has features you'll not use, it is quite nice and you should find the form factor familiar (22mm tube). The device will accommodate 18650, 18500, and 18350 batteries, and will fire up to 50 watts.

It's funny because I just decided to break mine back into rotation, two days ago. Rockin' an old-skewl Cerotank to burn a stockpile of BVC coils on hand. With a bit of Naked LavaFlow (cut/up-mixed to 15mg, 65PG/VG), it's been quite enjoyable! Plus, I've always liked the "Skyscraper" look, going back to cartos on Provis.

Great mod for the money. Excellent recommendation, Sir H.

EHPro101-Cerotank_20190821_183218.jpg

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
VaporShark still offers a compact rDNA60, the upgraded version of the rDNA40. I actually transitioned from my provari's to the 40 when i dropped my favorite provari standard in a massive puddle. the switch from voltage to wattage was fairly easy to make, and it is a pretty solid mod. ended up paying it forward to my brother when his eleaf 100 died. he still uses it.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
I just went and bought the GV Aegis Solo with some Samsung INR18650-20S/2000mAh Batts. :thumb:
It looks like a great backup for now (since I am paranoid about something happening to the Provari and I have no dependable backup Mods).
I like the Build of it and the fact that it is easy to grip, because well, I have a bad case of butterfingers.
The Jac is mighty fine too and I'm def getting that one too as a backup for my backup, lol :)
The Price is nice too!

I would like to thank everyone who replied:)
Your replies were sooo helpful and I really appreciate them:wub:

If a Mod wants to close this Thread at this time it is okeedokee.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Jac is mighty fine too and I'm def getting that one too as a backup for my backup, lol :)
The Price is nice too!
I think you'll love the JAC. It's a great carry around mod when out of the house just like the Provari. Just be sure to turn it off before putting it in your pocket or purse; it has a very sensitive fire button.

34283e97065d7a3588b0ca4c30fe39f9.jpg
miniprovari-jpg.454519

Last edited:

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
I think you'll love the JAC. It's a great carry around mod when out of the house just like the Provari. Just be sure to turn it off before putting it in your pocket or purse; it has a very sensitive fire button.

34283e97065d7a3588b0ca4c30fe39f9.jpg
miniprovari-jpg.454519
I do like that Jac, for real - nice and compact :hubba:
Thanks, for the tip about the Fire Button - its those type of nuances about a Device that are nice to know!:thumb:

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
I received the Samsung INR18650-30Qs (added Button Tops) in the mail today.
Got them from Liion Wholesale.
They are actually shorter in length than my Efest IMR 2000mAh Batts.
At 500mAh they are going to take awhile charge, lol.
I'd charge them at 1A but was tipped by somebody a while back that 500mAh is just easier on the Batt overall.
I'm retired so its not like I don't have time, lmao.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
500 mAh? Don't you mean 3000 mAh?
OOps!
Yes, thats what I meant, lol.
The Batt is 3000mAh....I want to charge it at 500mAh.
My not having enough Coffee on board is not a good enough excuse for a blunder like that.
(Proof)reading is fundamental, lmao.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you do wind up going for a backup provari, I have 3 procyons and I love them. They are a lot heavier and they are solid. A P3 can also have non button tops (in fact it should.)

The ephro 101 is okay I have one and I'm not using it currently. The vape is fine but the build quality is nowhere near a provari.

Glad you found something you liked.

If you want solid and easy to use I hear Squid Industries is now making a single barrel with one battery ? They are VV/W only no bells and whistles but built like a tank. Great battery life.

Anna

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
If you do wind up going for a backup provari, I have 3 procyons and I love them. They are a lot heavier and they are solid. A P3 can also have non button tops (in fact it should.)

The ephro 101 is okay I have one and I'm not using it currently. The vape is fine but the build quality is nowhere near a provari.

Glad you found something you liked.

If you want solid and easy to use I hear Squid Industries is now making a single barrel with one battery ? They are VV/W only no bells and whistles but built like a tank. Great battery life.

Anna
Oh, that one from Squid Industries sounds promising - I will keep a watch out for it:)
Thanks for the heads up!:thumb:

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread