Discussing the NicoStick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna make two this weekend, thanks for the work it had to if been , build , document, post, then field questions , just to give back to the vaping community . Many folks ( and I ain't knocking them, this is America) would go into business, and many would rather send a few bucks for the convenience , and many like us old farts who built a one station crystal radio fifty years ago , can't wait to plug in a soldering iron . Thanks again for sharing, something most of us can all take a lesson in.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nick Grundy

alekos557

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
dayton, nv
008.jpg 004.jpg Just wanted to say thanks, your thread showed that it isn't a scary undertaking to mod something.
Bought a kit from madvapes, then after that...caught the bug... again "Thank You"

spc_erp

Jan 30, 2013
Utah
maybe someone can help me. i tried making the puck with no success, still dont know why but it dont work, so i thought this would prob be easier to start with, followed the directions to a T and once again no success. the first go around i relaized i had soldered the postive a lil to close to the negative when the batt spring started to smoke, fixed after about an hour of messing with the solder, and after i got it to where it wasnt touching it still doesnt work. i think modding may not be for me if both of the mods ive tried both failed. maybe someone can help me.

Here's mine. Hard to see but there is a 3 amp 5 Volt regulator in there. Only way I could make room was to keep the switch inside the stock ego battery position. Used a small push button I pulled off an old dvd player, lol, and it is recessed enough that you have to use a finger nail to get to it, but it doesn't turn on in my pocket. Now I'm working on trying to miniaturize a variable voltage regulator circuit to make a VV version. I figure Ill just need to cut a hole for a potentiometer and adjust it with a small tool. I have a working circuit just waiting on more battery boxes! Thanks for the inspiration!

5v mod 3.jpg 5v mod.jpg 5v mod 2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread