Status
Not open for further replies.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
It was fun! Got to talk to Kurt, who's a regular in the DIY forum. He's a chemist and super knowledgeable. He gave me some snus to try. He and another member were talking all kinds of complicated infusions. I won a t-shirt and met Luke from Vapor Galaxy. I always haul my stash to these meets! Tiring!

Hope you guys are doin better soon!

noooo i didnt get strawberry dang it, or meringue either.. that pandoro mixed alone taste just like a lemon pound cake.. wow.. i got 9 flavors.. 10 ml each and bob got the other 90ml.. in tob flavors.. lemme see i got classic van, cookie, pandoro, cantalope, banana, cinn ceylon, pear, tiramisu, and crud cant member..lol...

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
@Bahnzo - I was looking for recipes that are more pipe/cigar flavor and I saw you have some FA trials going. I was looking at their site and saw Cuban, Dark Vapure, and Desert Ship. How did they come out?

EDIT - oops, we were posting at the same time LOL. I guess they didn't come out too well. I saw you noted the flavors git softer over time. I guess they continued to go down hill.

The tobacco flavors I like the most are cuban cigar, dark vapure, perique black, & DK tab (PA). I have added PA hickory & black sesame seed recently. Love the black sesame seed, that's my new tobacco thing.

Yeah, I'm having problems with the FA tobaccos fading over time. Might be I just need a stronger mix. But FA has a new thing "Bitter Wizard" that I might need to try. I think part of the problem is that the VG causes the tobacco flavoring to sweeten a bit, and BW is supposed to stop that......probably worth a try.

I need to try the DK(tab) as well...something to put on the list next time I order some TPA stuff. I personally didn't like the black sesame.....it tastes like burnt seeds. It's also very strong stuff...I used it at 10% and that was too strong. Just not for me, but I could definitely see how others would enjoy it.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Yeah, I'm having problems with the FA tobaccos fading over time. Might be I just need a stronger mix. But FA has a new thing "Bitter Wizard" that I might need to try. I think part of the problem is that the VG causes the tobacco flavoring to sweeten a bit, and BW is supposed to stop that......probably worth a try.

I need to try the DK(tab) as well...something to put on the list next time I order some TPA stuff. I personally didn't like the black sesame.....it tastes like burnt seeds. It's also very strong stuff...I used it at 10% and that was too strong. Just not for me, but I could definitely see how others would enjoy it.

I mix my FA tobaccos at 20%. I know all the guides say like 5% or so, but I find that they are strong and don't fade over time. I use about 20% VG, though. Wouldn't do 20% with desert ship, though. And the DK tab I haven't tried by itself, just mixed in with some other tobaccos.

I just added 1 drop of the black sesame to some straight cuban cigar and that was plenty! And it still sticks in the atty for a while. But me likey.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
noooo i didnt get strawberry dang it, or meringue either.. that pandoro mixed alone taste just like a lemon pound cake.. wow.. i got 9 flavors.. 10 ml each and bob got the other 90ml.. in tob flavors.. lemme see i got classic van, cookie, pandoro, cantalope, banana, cinn ceylon, pear, tiramisu, and crud cant member..lol...

Yum yums! We're gonna have to do some trading eventually when I can get some time to experiment a little!

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
@Bahnzo - I was looking for recipes that are more pipe/cigar flavor and I saw you have some FA trials going. I was looking at their site and saw Cuban, Dark Vapure, and Desert Ship. How did they come out?

EDIT - oops, we were posting at the same time LOL. I guess they didn't come out too well. I saw you noted the flavors git softer over time. I guess they continued to go down hill.

I mix my FA tobaccos at 20%. I know all the guides say like 5% or so, but I find that they are strong and don't fade over time. I use about 20% VG, though. Wouldn't do 20% with desert ship, though. And the DK tab I haven't tried by itself, just mixed in with some other tobaccos.

I just added 1 drop of the black sesame to some straight cuban cigar and that was plenty! And it still sticks in the atty for a while. But me likey.

Yeah, I'm working my way up from 13% on the FA tobaccos. With the exception of Desert Ship...you are right, the force is strong in that one.

The sesame was so strong that I've been soaking the bottle I used it in for a couple days now. It definitely sticks in your atty as well......I had to soak that one for some time also.

Ru42

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Southern Calif
Yeah, I'm working my way up from 13% on the FA tobaccos. With the exception of Desert Ship...you are right, the force is strong in that one.

The sesame was so strong that I've been soaking the bottle I used it in for a couple days now. It definitely sticks in your atty as well......I had to soak that one for some time also.

When you are using the FA Tobacco's you are mixing straight up correct; no TA? Also, what % are you ending up with in Desert Ship; that one really looks good to me.

Well, I fixed my mistakes from yesterday. I had double the TA and the juice was, well, rather strong. So I mixed it down and have 4 flavors steeping:
1. Straight up Tobacco
2. Tobacco Vanilla
3. Tobacco Hazel Nut
4. Tobacco Red Hot

How long do you usually wait before testing?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Shake the crud out of it and fire it up :) Seriously, I test immediately after mixing and shaking. The flavor does get richer over a few days, but I only work with a couple flavorings at a time, so a good shake seems to get it to a close approximation of what it'll be like in a while.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Try a fraction more tob in #2, to dilute down the nut. My first vananaberry I used equal of all 3 parts, had DW taste it, she let me know I needed to slightly bump the vanilla and banana creme. I started at like 8-8-8%, ended with 10-10-8 (yes, it's a pretty high flavor mix, but seems good).

I gotta get to tobacco - cherry tonight. The cherry's good, I just want a slight offset to go with it. On the other hand, cherry-vanilla would likely be nice...

Ru42

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Southern Calif
Try a fraction more tob in #2, to dilute down the nut. My first vananaberry I used equal of all 3 parts, had DW taste it, she let me know I needed to slightly bump the vanilla and banana creme. I started at like 8-8-8%, ended with 10-10-8 (yes, it's a pretty high flavor mix, but seems good).

I gotta get to tobacco - cherry tonight. The cherry's good, I just want a slight offset to go with it. On the other hand, cherry-vanilla would likely be nice...

Oh, a cherry in some pipe like tobacco would be yummy; that is one of the pipe tobacco's I used to smoke.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
Ru42: give it some time before you futz with it. No harm in trying it right away. But I've learned to give it at least 24-48 hours before making any final decisions.

Mark: Go for the Capt. Black. I've been eyeing that stuff for some time on Seedman, so I need you to try it for me :)

I'm thinking it might go with the Capt. Black rather than the Commercial -- decisions, decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread