Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
I have a DIY question on flavoring %

I see reviews of some flavor and they say, used 20% and the flavor was light. My thought is, well, go to 30%. But I don't see that happening. Is there some reason why people don't bump flavors higher?

A lot of times, too much flavor either tastes like medicine or just doesn't add anything extra. Some flavors just aren't strong and don't work well by themselves....they are better when combined with something else. For example...Capella's Blueberry isn't very strong on it's own, but mixed with some vanilla, it adds a blueberry accent to the vanilla.

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
Can anyone tell me how they can tell if they used too much flavor and need to add more base?

A lot of times, too much flavor either tastes like medicine or just doesn't add anything extra. Some flavors just aren't strong and don't work well by themselves....they are better when combined with something else. For example...Capella's Blueberry isn't very strong on it's own, but mixed with some vanilla, it adds a blueberry accent to the vanilla.

umm...? More info is required if that didn't answer your question...
If it tastes too strong, put some in a smaller bottle and add a little pg at a time (keeping track of how much) until the taste is 'right', this is often 'in the throat of the beholder', as I've heard it put, so trial and error it (in small batches till you get your formula down) until YOU like it... I usually use about 1.5-2x the amount of flavor recommended in the recipe, but I like my flavors strong, and I think the concentrates I'm using are probably a little weaker then some...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread