DIY Good Leaf (Blu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I've been mixing my own liquids for years and other than the occasional tank of Boba's, I never use anything else. I got a MyBlu when they were offering them for one dollar. It came with their "Gold Leaf" liquipod. I remember liking it, but forgot about it for a long time. I stumbled across it a few days ago and it surprisingly still took a charge. I actually really like the flavor, but am not interested in spending $10 for a couple of ml's of juice. I'd also prefer to use it my mods rather than the little Blu devices. I can't find it as a stand alone liquid. Has anyone ever mixed a good clone? I saw on ELR where someone posted that Inawera "Little Space Drop" was very close. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I also did a search and "Little Space Drop" is what came up... give it a try (most INW flavors are strong... try to find a good % to start with) Here's some info from a review (might get in trouble for copying this?):
"
Flavor description: "at 5%, tobacco and according to the website, roasted walnut. I get the walnut but not the roasted part of it. More of a fresh, slightly green walnut, if that makes any sense. It might do well in a mix but I don't like it as a standalone."

From me: Wood and walnuts. It almost tastes like FA Black Fire before the fire is lit, if you can imagine that. Very strong at 3%.

Off-flavors: I wouldn't say there's anything "off" from what was intended. Just very strong. Wouldn't use as a stand alone. More a background note to be used in the .5%-1% max range.

Throat hit: Bites the tongue, but pretty easy on the throat.

Uses: In the back of a tobacco mix. You'll want to think "hmm, there's something interesting in there, but I can't quite place it." Go above 1% at your own risk. "
One I've recently become interested in is (FA) Soho... check that out too.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Here's a review of (FA) Soho... (Flavour Art):
"
Initial Impression:
On the nose it smells slightly sweet and nutty, sort of like if someone were candying nuts directly outside of a cigar shop, Nuts, Caramel, and sweet tobacco. Very much of that smell comes through, though I feel the caramel notes are taking a backseat to the nutty tobacco. It does retain the sweetness I’d look for in an RY4, if that’s the direction you’d want to take Soho, assuming the caramel notes don’t become more prominent with a steep, they’ll need help to really flesh out the profile.

After a week:
This is still really nice. The sweet and nutty notes have gotten stronger, and it’s sort of makes me think hazelnuts. The tobacco is very well blended into the flavor. I wouldn't say it is particularly dark, dry, or leafy. It's very much a supporting note and the sweetness sort of buries any particularly distinct notes in the tobacco. I don’t think this is quite an RY4, I get no vanilla, but it’s very much in the same vein. I don’t know that the caramel notes are really any more forward than they were before, but the flavor is very much in balance. I could honestly vape this all day with little to no modification and be reasonably happy with the results.

Off notes:
Nothing off at 3%. I wouldn’t be shocked if this started to get a bit weird if you pushed it too high.

Throat hit:
Just shy of nothing, it’s very smooth. "

• Useful

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Those are the same reviews/quotes I found as well. It's definitely in the "tobacco" category. A bit sweet, possibly a little nutty. Not an ashy, cigarette taste. Fairly light tasting. I may bend over and buy a couple of replacement liquipods and give it a little more critical tasting. I definitely hit empty and got a really dry hit earlier:eek:.....took half a package of saltines to get rid of that. At one point, Blu had 10ml bottles shown for sale, but they were always out of stock. After mixing my own recipes for so long it really hurts to pay retail for liquid. I normally mix at 40-45 mg/ml, so at 24 mg/ml it's a bit soft, especially since it's nic salts. I usually mix USP/salts around 2:1 for a bit more throat hit.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Funny you should mention the Blu. I also got one when they were a buck. And I put it away for emergencies and forgot about it.
So, I have no idea what the juice tastes like.
That said, FA Soho is very nice. Nutty and mild. I've only made it so far with FA Meringue, and it was good. But there are many recipes out there for it. A lotta folks compare it to Halo Tribeca (which, thank you Halo, got me off cigs) and it's similar, for what it's worth.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Funny you should mention the Blu. I also got one when they were a buck. And I put it away for emergencies and forgot about it.
So, I have no idea what the juice tastes like.
That said, FA Soho is very nice. Nutty and mild. I've only made it so far with FA Meringue, and it was good. But there are many recipes out there for it. A lotta folks compare it to Halo Tribeca (which, thank you Halo, got me off cigs) and it's similar, for what it's worth.

I started with a 36 mg Marlboro flavor (USA Mlb 2??) in 2010 and haven't smoked since so I know exactly what you mean. If you get a chance, throw your Blu on a micro USB and (if it's Gold Leaf) tell me what you think. The flavor is printed on the side of the pod. Thanks.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Wish I could.
I live in Western MA, but am renting a very tiny apartment in Brooklyn to be able to see my son and grandkids. Well, the lockdown happened and I haven't been there in 3 months and that's where the Blu is sitting.
I despise masks and all the rest, so I'm not sure when I'll get back there. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread