Status
Not open for further replies.

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
I have 36mg VG base, Pure VG (nature's answer brand), and LorAnn flavorings for mixing. I made 3ml (watermelon) today (cut to 18mg) and it turned out pretty thick. I used the ejuice calculator for my recipe and used LorAnn's Strength-o-meter for the percentage of flavoring. no water was added.
It vapes wonderfully except I'm noticing that there is a bit of throat irritation developing. I don't know if it's from the flavoring or because I didn't add water or what. This is the first time I've vaped VG...I've always used reduced PG cause I have a slight sensetivity.

Does anyone that mixes their own normally add water to the mix? and if so, what percentage of water?

Last edited:

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Water should only serve to thin the liquid. It doesn't decrease throat hit that I know about.

Alas, it could be a few things that are causing the irritation: the nic-juice (brand or strength), the flavoring, you might be getting a cold, the atomizer and/or voltage(probably not the voltage judging by the models listed in your sig), VG sensitivity, PG sensitivity finally hitting you now, or the fact that VG is a humectant.

Most likely: you have a dry throat. Sip some water or something between hits.

PG sensitivity is a possibility - it can take some time to show a symptom. My first two weeks of vaping PG gave me thrush and 10 days of anti-fungal lozenges.

supertrkre2812

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Palatka, Fl
www.xtremevaping.com
Water should only serve to thin the liquid. It doesn't decrease throat hit that I know about.

Alas, it could be a few things that are causing the irritation: the nic-juice (brand or strength), the flavoring, you might be getting a cold, the atomizer and/or voltage(probably not the voltage judging by the models listed in your sig), VG sensitivity, PG sensitivity finally hitting you now, or the fact that VG is a humectant.

Most likely: you have a dry throat. Sip some water or something between hits.

PG sensitivity is a possibility - it can take some time to show a symptom. My first two weeks of vaping PG gave me thrush and 10 days of anti-fungal lozenges.
My son was vaping straight PG liquids and started complaining of the feeling that his throat was closing up on him, but at the same time he was having some stress attacks. i don't know if the stress was coming from the fact that he felt like he could not breathe, or something else.
VG is very thick on it's own, what would be the right percentage to dilute it with distilled water or vodka to get it to the right consistency of PG?
I was thinking of making him some straight VG to try and see if that is better for him. In the meantime he has gone back to analogs, and i don't like that.

Supertrkre2812

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread