Not open for further replies.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
So I have seen the great thread on how to start mixing, but there is nothing on staples. I know taste is subjective but there are always staples. I have seen a few posts here and there about of if you mix baked good juices then you should have this it has so many uses. What do flavors do you have to keep around?

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
IMO this would depend on your flavor profile.

Well, that is the reason I made this thread in the hopes we can find staples for every flavor profile as well as some that are just pure staples that you should have no matter what.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
For the have to have I stick by the ones I listed minus the SB's. Plus Cap sugar cookie, TFA dragon fruit, INW cactus, TFA graham cracker clear, CAP cinnamon danish swirl. Those are my have to haves and Im sure I missed a few.
Flavor profiles could take up a few pages. My SB base is tfa sb ripe and cap sweet sb 90% of the time. Blueberry is FW BB and tfa bb wild. This could go on for hours and a lot depends on what profile Im after. Take SB for instance, do I need a real SB or a candy. Now you know why I stopped counting at 200

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Well that is what part of this experiment if for :cool: but so far for me, I can not live without Butterscotch (FW) and Dulce de Leche (TPA) as these are two of the things in my current ADV I have found that say Sweetener (Sucralose/Maltol) (TPA) has a large roll and is a staple which makes sense sugar is a stape but you are right @Letitia Marshmallow is a great thing to have it adds sweetness and to me at least it can smoth out rough edges of some flavors

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
I haven't liked sweeteners so far. Did put VTA sugarcane in my cart at BCF. Supposed to be less muting and much easier to work with. Sometimes my usual go tos for adding a sweet note aren't quite enough.

no but it is on my list of new things to try.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
no but it is on my list of new things to try.
Honeysuckle at 1-1.5% or mm .5-1% usually helps but there are those times you just sugar, besides I like "sugar lips" juices on occasion. Having a hard time with oranges there.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Yeah, I thought sugar was a who needs it thing for a while then I found adding it really can make things POP! Normally I do not eat candy or sweets that often but for some reason when it comes to vape I have a huge sweet tooth.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Basics in my stash - I sure do have a lot of fashion items in there too. LOL

TFA
  • Strawberry Ripe
  • Vanilla Swirl
  • Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
CAP
  • Cake Batter
  • New York Cheesecake
  • Sugar Cookie
  • Vanilla Custard V1
FA
  • Custard (I don't use much custard, but this one comes in handy)
  • Cream Fresh
  • Forest Mix (Forest Fruit)
  • Lemon Sicily
  • Lime Tahiti (Cold-Pressed AND Distilled)
  • Marshmallow*
  • Meringue*
*Both the Marshmallow and the Meringue could be TFA.

FE
  • Lemon
FW
  • Blood Orange
  • Blueberry (not really a staple but it is the best blueberry)
  • Pink Champagne
  • Ruby Red Grapefruit
FLV
  • Pink Guava
  • Whipped Cream
INW
  • Lemon Concentrate
  • Lemon Mix
  • Raspberry (Malina)
  • Shisha Strawberry
  • Shisha Vanilla
Jungle Flavors
  • Biscuit
  • Yellow Cake
VTA
  • Fizzy Sherbet
LA
  • Lemonade
Sweetener, WS 23, Koolada, Menthol

There are many other flavors that I use in my favorite recipes but I wouldn't call them basics. For me, they are flavors I would not want to be without but are specific to my recipe collection.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I haven't liked sweeteners so far. Did put VTA sugarcane in my cart at BCF. Supposed to be less muting and much easier to work with. Sometimes my usual go tos for adding a sweet note aren't quite enough.

I think it is the VTA Sweet Mate that is supposed to be a great sweetener without coil gunking but BCF doesn't carry it. Ordering from Australia isn't bad since the exchange rate is great right now. Chef's Flavours in the UK is also a good source with pretty fast shipping that isn't bad at all. It bugs me just a little that VTA doesn't tell us what is in their flavors. I know that many of us are interested in whether or not flavors contain diacetyl, acetyl propionyl, acetoin, and sucrose, among others. VTA seems to guard that info closely. Now, there are certain flavors that have some of the not so great ingredients that I will buy but I would like to know. FW killed Cake Batter Dip when it was revealed it has fructose in it. I draw the line at vaping fructose. Luckily that isn't an ingredient in one of my favorite juices but I did use it in the Lemon Pound Cake I make for a friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread