DIY question about sweetner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a sweetner for DIY e-juice, one that does not have artificial sweetners. i.e. sucrolose or aspertame... i am looking for stevia or something with real sugar <--- ( not sure if that is possible) do they offer that anywhere??... also have not been on this site in a long time, and now know that there have been changes. so please excuse if I am in the wrong area and please feel free to tell me the correct procedure... thank you all!!!:D

You do not want to use sugar or any similar carbohydrate, e.g. honey, agave, etc. A few people have reported using pure stevia with some success, although others hate the aftertaste. If you do use stevia, ensure that is pure stevia extract, not something marketed as a sugar substitute that contains anything else, e.g. anti-caking agents, dextrose,.... But of course water and/or VG is probably OK.

Here is a thread with some info:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/587878-stevia-base-vg-water-sweetener.html

Last edited:

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
A place that uses all organic ingredients (Open Source Vapor) uses Organic Rebaudioside-A, which from what I can tell is Stevia. I've tried several of their juices and I personally don't detect an unpleasant flavor or after-taste as a result of the sweetener. They purchase their flavors from Medicine flower but I'm not sure about the sweetener. I don't see it on there.

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
I get the "diet" aftertaste when using TFA Sweetener.

Try some TFA Brown Sugar Extra instead.
or
Marshmallow (TFA)
Honey (FA)
Sweet Cream (TFA)
Molasses (TFA)
Maple (TFA)
Meringue (FA)
EM or Cotton Candy

Probably more I've forgotten.
Most of these will add some sweetness to recipes, Brown Sugar, Sweet Cream, and Marshmallow don't really change the flavor a lot.

Nightshard

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2013
Israel
I'm using Stevia too and can't sense and bitter aftertaste.
Rebaudioside-A has the least aftertaste, so the more of it there is in your choice of Stevia extract the better.
Sucrose and similar can't be used for two reasons, first it's not concentrated enough (stevia and sucralose are 300-1000 times more concentated the sucrose), second you don't want sucrose to caramelize your coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread