DIY Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorisTheSpider

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
Carroll County, Ohio
I've been using alcohol in my DIY to add TH. it helps, but it's not perfect. In fact, I barely feel it anymore - more of a nasal hit. I can feel it in my nose but not my throat so much. I'm not a fan of the "pepper juice" for TH - it just slowly burns. Does anyone have any trick for adding real TH to your DIY?

BorisTheSpider

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
Carroll County, Ohio
Yeah, I use a LR atty on a 3.7v mod. It realistically probably pushes 4.2v when freshly charged. I just got some menthol so I'll be trying that, but I'm not sure I'll be the biggest fan of the menthol flavor - certainly not in ALL of my juices. i'm already at 24 mg nic and don't really want to go higher than that - actually, I'd like to cut that back. I was just hoping someone had some magical additive that packs more punch without too much affect on flavor. I suppose I'm just a dreamer...

dripdaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2011
Lone Star State
I've been using alcohol in my DIY to add TH. it helps, but it's not perfect. In fact, I barely feel it anymore - more of a nasal hit. I can feel it in my nose but not my throat so much. I'm not a fan of the "pepper juice" for TH - it just slowly burns. Does anyone have any trick for adding real TH to your DIY?

QHit from FlavourArt looks like it might take care of lack of TH.
Fumo elettronico :: QHIT - Flavourart. La sartoria degli aromi
The only place I know that sells it is ecigexpress, but they are out of stock on it. Maybe do a search for other suppliers.
http://www.ecigexpress.com/flavoring-flavourart-condensed-c-16_29/qhit-e-liquid-p-610

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
I've read it can take up to 50% of Qhit. Doesn't really sound like a good option so I never tried it. Try a splash of cinnamon in your juice, and I don't mean like cinnamon red hot or candy cinnamon but like cinnamon rolls kind of cinnamon, and a true 5 volt vape has done it for me. Also without knowing your nic and pg level, you might try upping those. nevermind about the nic, I re-read :)

BorisTheSpider

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
Carroll County, Ohio
Hrm, I haven't tried cinnamon. I suppose that will have to go on the shopping list next too. May have to switch up to a 5v or vv mod. That means buying more batteries. There's probably something else I don't have laying around too. I should probably start a new thread lest I derail this one with questions about juice consumption and the like on the HV mods.

Still, I'll leave the open question in this thread - is there a DIY additive anyone uses to give good TH, beyond what's been mentioned in the last few posts?

slypknot

Nov 14, 2010
NC
Hrm, I haven't tried cinnamon. I suppose that will have to go on the shopping list next too. May have to switch up to a 5v or vv mod. That means buying more batteries. There's probably something else I don't have laying around too. I should probably start a new thread lest I derail this one with questions about juice consumption and the like on the HV mods.

Still, I'll leave the open question in this thread - is there a DIY additive anyone uses to give good TH, beyond what's been mentioned in the last few posts?

Sadly - I dont think there is a magical mystery additive to create TH... at least not one found yet. It's either Qhit (in large doses) or nicotine (also in large doses, such as 24-36mg or perhaps even higher though not recommended) and lastly - vaping voltage.

I'd be VERY surprised if there was anything outside of that... unless ya wanted to mess around with trying to mix in pure-cap, which could end up being extremely painful.

BorisTheSpider

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
Carroll County, Ohio
Oh you know, I just remembered reading a thread regarding changing the pH of juice to potentially add TH. I forget exact details, but I think lowering the pH is supposed to help to constrict the vessels in the throat, which causes TH. If I'm not mistaken, there was a reference in that thread to a big tobacco (Winston, I think) memo talking about how lower pH increases nic absorption - which could also increase TH in our application. Hrm, gonna have to try to dig that one up. I read it before I really got too deep into DIY, so I didn't really follow.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
Well, if you want the magical mystery TH you could always try non-oil based cayenne extracts which I believe there was a thread on here about. I understand it works really well but I imagine you'd have to be very careful about how much you added as some of those extracts hit major scoville heat units. Another interesting way to add throat hit is by adding smokier extracts such as marshmallow, walnut, and champagne (I know, seems counter-intuitive). I've also used plum extracts as sweetner in tobacco DIY which adds depth and a tangy acidity.

Oh, and forgot Vape Wizard (I think?? From Flavourart) which has a pH balancer in it.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
maybe try...
huckleberries and cream (this combo is on my try soon list)

Huckleberry is a hit or miss with folks. Some love it and other HATE how it tastes. To me it's great and reminds me of the Huckleberry Jelly my Grandmother used to make after I picked a mess of huckleberries. I guess part of the appeal is being reminded of good times when I was a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread