Status
Not open for further replies.

thefogvlog

Jul 23, 2018
I don't watch any DIY shows. I get plenty of great stuff right here on the ECF...and always have. :thumbs:

Yeah - the forums are full of entertainment, lezbihonest.

I wasn't aware there were DIY shows.

I almost forgot about Fresh03 - I follow him also, he did a whole show introducing TVC to the DIY world.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hi Guys, just want to get an idea of what other DIY shows everyone is watching - I currently just follow the DIYorDIE network: But perhaps i'm missing out - im sure there is great stuff out there.

So I watch:
  1. Noted
  2. Mixlife
  3. Mixin Vixens
  4. and the Concrete's notes from time to time.

I didn’t know there were DIY shows. I mean I’d seen some videos on the Do or Die website but that’s it. Thanks I’ll check these out.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

thefogvlog

Jul 23, 2018
Appreciate you putting those shows up there for us! Always on the look-out for a great diy show on the tube, as I'm sure many of us are on here. And really am liking your show, by the way.
Thanks so much Cosmic - really appreciate the feedback. The new show is out btw -

In this episode : Where is Richard at? RudeRudi jumps in. First time all three mix up the same mix. One of us spill the beans of being a Runt fanboy - Deetz starts placing his order based on the feedback. Sneak Peak vape Fuel Video.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I was vaguely aware there were DIY shows, I've never watched one, kind of on the same principle as cooking, it just moves too slow and there is too much "talking and interacting and having fun," I guess possibly. IDK maybe I will try one but just like cooking, I have tons of recipe books and I'd rather just read the instructions and be off and running.

I have always found cooking shows to be deeply, deeply boring and that you can absorb the information far more quickly just by reading it, not waiting for the dang meal to cook (yes, I am aware they cut out some of the longer steps) but I don't want to watch someone dice an onion.

LOL maybe I am missing out and should try a DIY show, though.

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I was vaguely aware there were DIY shows, I've never watched one, kind of on the same principle as cooking, it just moves too slow and there is too much "talking and interacting and having fun," I guess possibly. IDK maybe I will try one but just like cooking, I have tons of recipe books and I'd rather just read the instructions and be off and running.

I have always found cooking shows to be deeply, deeply boring and that you can absorb the information far more quickly just by reading it, not waiting for the dang meal to cook (yes, I am aware they cut out some of the longer steps) but I don't want to watch someone dice an onion.

LOL maybe I am missing out and should try a DIY show, though.

Anna

I’m with you on this. Plus I can’t cook successfully no matter how many cooking shows I watch or recipe books I have!

thefogvlog

Jul 23, 2018
Guys if you like cooking that much you should get into the DIY scene - I totally get how it will look borng from the onset. But the DIY community is really something, and once the bug bites - your hardware obsession turns into a flavour obsession, and a neverending flavour chasing conquest. The DIYorDIY network is pretty cool, you can also go check out my yt channel thefogvlog - I'm doing a series called "easy does it" - and it talks about the must have flavour concentrates, their applications and simple recipes - very to the point.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
it just moves too slow and there is too much "talking and interacting and having fun,"
I am right there with you, Anna. I can't figure out, if the goal is disseminating information, or wanting to be a talk show host. Because, if it is disseminating information, many are woefully missing the mark. For me, anyhow... :(

I have tried watching quite a few miscellaneous DIY videos; and I just can't do it. Rambling irrelevant comments, painful-to-watch personalities, confusing disorganized delivery, group multi-screen "discussion" that no one seems to be prepared for (or even particularly interested in doing); all seem to be the order of the day. Cut out all that malarkey; and there isn't a lot of substance remaining.

My attention span just can't deal with it. If the intent is making an informative video; then inform me. Tell me what is used. Why I might want to use it. How it can be best used. When I might want to consider using it. Possible substitutes for it (and how they will differ). Be concise as possible. Then let me get on with the rest of my day. I'll take quality, over quantity, every time.

One can take extremely talented, knowledgeable, mixers (like some of those found on DIYorDie, E-Juice Makers, All The Flavors, and the like), who write amazingly detailed thoughtful recipes and flavor reviews, that are some of the most helpful I have found. And then, stick a a camera in front of them, and all the wheels just seem to fall off.

Limited definable achievable goal(s), planning, preparation, and organization, seem to be the missing elements. Finally, apply a ruthless hand during post-production editing (all videos benefit from editing). If it doesn't directly contribute to the specific goal set; it probably doesn't belong.

thefogvlog

Jul 23, 2018
I am right there with you, Anna. I can't figure out, if the goal is disseminating information, or wanting to be a talk show host. Because, if it is disseminating information, many are woefully missing the mark. For me, anyhow... :(

I have tried watching quite a few miscellaneous DIY videos; and I just can't do it. Rambling irrelevant comments, painful-to-watch personalities, confusing disorganized delivery, group multi-screen "discussion" that no one seems to be prepared for (or even particularly interested in doing); all seem to be the order of the day. Cut out all that malarkey; and there isn't a lot of substance remaining.

My attention span just can't deal with it. If the intent is making an informative video; then inform me. Tell me what is used. Why I might want to use it. How it can be best used. When I might want to consider using it. Possible substitutes for it (and how they will differ). Be concise as possible. Then let me get on with the rest of my day. I'll take quality, over quantity, every time.

One can take extremely talented, knowledgeable, mixers (like some of those found on DIYorDie, E-Juice Makers, All The Flavors, and the like), who write amazingly detailed thoughtful recipes and flavor reviews, that are some of the most helpful I have found. And then, stick a a camera in front of them, and all the wheels just seem to fall off.

Limited definable achievable goal(s), planning, preparation, and organization, seem to be the missing elements. Finally, apply a ruthless hand during post-production editing (all videos benefit from editing). If it doesn't directly contribute to the specific goal set; it probably doesn't belong.

I cannot agree more with what you said, you hit the nail on the head with this reply. Somebody had to say something, and you just did - this is exactly what we are trying not to be.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
You need to make eye contact when you shake it.
fresh03 is in Scotland right now but his shows are entertaining.
Here's one with a full house that I missed from a couple of weeks ago.
Hello to chat lasts 2 to 5+ minutes if you want to skip it. I do on replays.

Last edited:

thefogvlog

Jul 23, 2018
You need to make eye contact when you shake it.
fresh03 is in Scotland right now but his shows are entertaining.
Here's one with a full house that I missed from a couple of weeks ago.
Hello to chat lasts 2 to 5+ minutes if you want to skip it. I do on replays.

Yup follow the Fresh03 show - extremely useful, and shake and eye contact is SEMI useful. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread