DIY software for Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
A true Linux user would write a bash script for this and store the records in a PostgreSQL DBMS.
$ ./juiceMixer --make -n SweetGrape -vg 30 -pg 70 -nic 6 -f1 2 -f2 5 -vol 100
Wow, I'm impressed! BASH script... of course (over my head, but I know what it means)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Anyone know of a DIY e-liquid software for Linux? I found one that runs on Linux with WINE, but really want one that just runs on Linux (hopefully free)
I downloaded the open source Gourmet Recipe Manager years ago and gave up on it because it mainly was more for cooking than vape mixes. I finally settled by just listing my recipes in open source LibreOffice and found it more intelligent and user friendly than GRM. I can sort by recipe number, all recipes using X flavor, numerical score of recipe, frequency used, by all flavor manufactures, last ordered or just about any parameter one wishes. I suspect that you might be able to do the same with Windows Word but since Windows started charging more money for Word in Win 10 (my old pre Win 10 purchased windows word is useless in Win 10. Thanks windows for breaking your contract when you stated I would never have to purchase word again. :wub:) Window now again charges for Word in 10 the last I heard.
re: Linux/(Windows) Gourmet Recipe Manager (Gourmet AKA)
Organize your cooking with an open source recipe manager

Reactions: IDJoel

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
A true Linux user would write a bash script for this and store the records in a PostgreSQL DBMS.
$ ./juiceMixer --make -n SweetGrape -vg 30 -pg 70 -nic 6 -f1 2 -f2 5 -vol 100
I would replace “true” with “hardcore” myself. Being able to code hasn’t been a Linux requirement for many years. It would work though. I’ve also heard of it being done with spreadsheets.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
(my old pre Win 10 purchased windows word is useless in Win 10. Thanks windows for breaking your contract when you stated I would never have to purchase word again. :wub:) Window now again charges for Word in 10 the last I heard.
@BrotherBob, this may be old/redundant news for you... but, if you are looking for a free alternative for a Windows machine (10, or other), to MS Office (including Word)... I have found great satisfaction using Apache's Open Office. I have only used the Word, and Excel equivalents; but they work seamlessly with MS files, and seem to have all the whistles and bells.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thank you all... I guess what I meant was a recipe calculator (found one on a website)

Best website recipe calculator to use if you aren't already is ELR.
    Google this: e-liquid recipe mixing calculator - and it will be the first on the list

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread